Cathedral on FIRE

Fabio Jr.

58 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

It was a gauntlet of a season starting with 2 Top 10 duals out of the gates in Avon and Warren. We were also one of the few programs to hit both the Traicoff and the Al Smith. We wrestled against 8 of the Top 10 programs in the state (sans Brownsburg and EMD). I am convinced that our schedule had these boys battle tested by the time the State Series came around. 4 in the finals with a couple near misses in Bailey and Walendzak showed the team unity that these guys shared. They were definitely wrestling for each other. You could see it in Slivka's face when he clinched it. The Indy Star article says it all.

Better news is we are returning 8 of our 10 finalists next year and adding Zeke Seltzer to the mix. Should be a fun couple years ahead for the Irish. I am grateful to our coaching staff for their preparation. Congrats on the trophy, all. Proud to be Irish.

Congrats on a great day yesterday! With the addition of Zeke, I see the same result next year!  

9 hours ago, V and M's Dad said:

They did lose to Perry in a dual this year! 

They are the IHSAA Team champs though. 

I think there were at least a few individuals who lost matches during the season, too, who were named state champions because they won under the lights on Saturday night.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.