Wow - Fattore pinned himself!

SWINfan

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Are you getting access to the archive? I keep getting an error

I am having the same issue. I was wandering how close this call was.

I will say, I see a lot of folks on here calling out officials today. I was fortunate enough to advance my career past high school and wrestled Divison III for 4 years. After that, I was lucky enough to get as an assistant coach with a program with an experienced high school coach. There we sent multiple kids to the state tournament and I was privileged to coach under the spot light. I got out of coaching and made the leap into officiating leap this past fall. I passed he took the certification test with 98 %, spent about 10-12 hours in class with experienced officials going over the rules and interpretations before the season started. I’ve read and reread through the rule book and case book, annotating each page. I search YouTube and FloWrestling for tough calls and try to figure out my rational for how I would call it. I’ve attended every official association meeting where we discussed some of the tricky situations we’ve seen and participated in countless debates about how the rules are interpreted and applied. I thought I was ready to be a great official.

Guess what...it is very hard. I’ve blown some calls this year. All the preparation, decades of competition and coaching, and a dedication doesn’t make me a perfect official. I don’t diserve to be out there with a whistle today. I haven’t earned it yet.

The guys that are officiating today are Indiana’s best. They have decades of reffing experience and know the rules better than 99.9 % of the coaches, wrestlers and fans. They aren’t perfect, but they are the best we have.

Officials don’t want to be part of the match. They want to award points, raise  some hands, prevent any injuries and get back home to their families.

Matches at this level are tough to call. Rewrestle the 138 pound semi finals 3 more times and I bet you’d come up with atleast 2 more different results.

Cut these guys some slack and thank them for their hard work, dedication, and willingness to step out there and make the tough calls that only a small number of people are qualified to make.

11 minutes ago, runner-up said:

I am having the same issue. I was wandering how close this call was.

I will say, I see a lot of folks on here calling out officials today. I was fortunate enough to advance my career past high school and wrestled Divison III for 4 years. After that, I was lucky enough to get as an assistant coach with a program with an experienced high school coach. There we sent multiple kids to the state tournament and I was privileged to coach under the spot light. I got out of coaching and made the leap into officiating leap this past fall. I passed he took the certification test with 98 %, spent about 10-12 hours in class with experienced officials going over the rules and interpretations before the season started. I’ve read and reread through the rule book and case book, annotating each page. I search YouTube and FloWrestling for tough calls and try to figure out my rational for how I would call it. I’ve attended every official association meeting where we discussed some of the tricky situations we’ve seen and participated in countless debates about how the rules are interpreted and applied. I thought I was ready to be a great official.

Guess what...it is very hard. I’ve blown some calls this year. All the preparation, decades of competition and coaching, and a dedication doesn’t make me a perfect official. I don’t diserve to be out there with a whistle today. I haven’t earned it yet.

The guys that are officiating today are Indiana’s best. They have decades of reffing experience and know the rules better than 99.9 % of the coaches, wrestlers and fans. They aren’t perfect, but they are the best we have.

Officials don’t want to be part of the match. They want to award points, raise  some hands, prevent any injuries and get back home to their families.

Matches at this level are tough to call. Rewrestle the 138 pound semi finals 3 more times and I bet you’d come up with atleast 2 more different results.

Cut these guys some slack and thank them for their hard work, dedication, and willingness to step out there and make the tough calls that only a small number of people are qualified to make.

Cut the guy some slack, kid just got robbed, and when we argue a call we get hit with misconduct...it is stubbornness.