Melloh and Mulkey

grappleapple

Just now, Y2CJ41 said:

Good coaches will always fight for their kids. I would probably think a little less of a coach who didn't get kicked out in that situation.

Fighting for your kid and acting like that are two different things.  I can't imagine the words that actually came out of his mouth.  

Just now, GrecoISU said:

Fighting for your kid and acting like that are two different things.  I can't imagine the words that actually came out of his mouth.  

That was a terrible call that possibly cost their team and a kid a state title. 

21 minutes ago, slice60 said:

14pt swing in the team points. That match will probably end up winning the team title for Cathedral.

So with the 3pt Flagrant Misconduct penalty, that's a 17 point swing. 

Brownsburg is out.  Can Col East catch Cath? Doubtful.

Just now, GrecoISU said:

I imagine it was something to the effect of “your awful officiating just cost my senior a chance at a State Championship.”  It was an awful call.  No idea how a kid can be stalling when he’s running a guy up and down.  Much less when there is 2 sec to go in the match.

again, his senior was just robbed.

So what happens to the official for the poor call? At :22sec, Mulkey had a front head lock and was snapping it to the mat. Why call stalling at 3-4 seconds left when the hold never changed? Call it at :22 or :15 or :10.if you are going to call it.  Don’t wait to call and insert yourself in the match. Best call there was a stalemate...neither could improve.  Called stalemate every other front head in the match. I also get tired of seeing Faulkens insert himself at matside.  2x this weekend so far.  You want to be there and make decisions at mat side, then pull the officials aside as well and make sure you tell them they screwed up as well. Seeing too many matches decided by the officials in the last 2-3 weeks.  And no, I won’t sign up to become an official...just do it right. 

14 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

They just said in the match on Mat 3 that Snyder has been tossed from the tournament.   

Didn’t see the call. Will rewatch the match on Track Wrestling. But I did see the aftermath. No matter how bad a call is, a coach can’t behave like that. 

No questions about it. He needed to be thrown out and hit with misconduct. It sucks that he can’t coach his other kids and his team will be penalized, but you simply can’t respond like that.

I’ve coached at tournaments run by Snyder and he has always seemed like a good guy. I imagine we will be seeing a sincere apology soon.

Let this be a lesson to any wrestlers and coaches watching.

You can’t react like that. You can’t lose your cool.

Best of luck to both wrestlers for the remainder of the tournament and during their college careers.

Just now, Caleb Spires said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I too call stalling in that situation. Over 20 seconds of holding a front headlock just riding out a one point lead is stalling, no matter what stage you’re on. 

Would you call that in the first period when a kid is riding out a 0-0 score? The situation or score doesn’t dictate when or how stalling should be called. If it’s stalling with :15 left in overtime, then it’s stalling in the first :30 seconds of the first period.  It wasn’t stalling...it’s a stalemate.  The same call he used in that situation multiple times in that match. 

1 hour ago, NavyGonzo said:

Agreed... Never seen a person laying flat on their belly in a front headlock draw out a stall call... If I were the BB coach, they would've had to drag me out of there...

Brandon we Need IT on driver side in seat assembly after you conclude your tirade ,  thank you! 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

43 minutes ago, frigginhurts said:

I could live with stalemate.... But if you don't think he was stalling I have some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya.    Was he trying to improve his position.??....no!

Either way, gutsy call. 

Agree.  The question is, was he trying to improve his position.  If he wasn't, it's stalling. Take everything else out of it.  I watched it again.  He made zero attempt to improve, and it wasn't being hindered by the other wrestler.