Region?!?

shoottowin

3 minutes ago, regionrat1 said:

Cary is doin what his brother did - under da radar wit injuries / he is wraslin real good/ I'm likin a region final

Rump is rollin real strong too / I tink we are going tom get our share of da gold

I am hopeful that you're right.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Would love to see a match between Davison and Parris...

Mason majors him...He's might slow mason down at first.. but once that pressure mounts the constant attacks willl add up and the the size will become a factor..They always say if you got 2 guys with equal skill set   that's when the natural advantages will come into play..mason 12-4 would be my guess...but I could be wrong it could be closer but there's only 1 outcome I could see.. as that's mason winning 10 out of 10 matches.. and this is no knock on Davison because he beat a animal in Penola 3x this year but there's a big difference in Penola and mason.. It's a bummer that Penola didn't get to face Davison in the finals that was the true title match at 195.

11 hours ago, Brian said:

Would love to see a match between Davison and Parris...

?????

I assume you mean a scaled up Davison or a scaled down Parris?

I assume you wouldn't want Davison to have to wrestle someone who is maybe 25 pounds heavier, a lot stronger, perhaps just as quick, and at this point a more accomplished wrestler.

Davison is a very fine wrestler who just won his first state championship and is going to be attending a Big Ten school. But didn't Davison just barely squeeze out a double overtime semi-finals match to advance to the championship round?

Meanwhile, Parris just completely dominated his 3rd consecutive state finals.  He seemed to easily pin some very fine wrestlers in their own right.  The wrestlers Parris wrestled were no jokes.  Parris is ranked where he is nationally for a very good reason.  Mason is one of the truly great wrestlers in IHSAA history.

So I don't think I would wish Parris on Davidson ... unless you were at least doing some size scaling.

6 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

That doesn't seem like a very fair statement.  They came away with 4 state titles.  And even they were down quite a bit in over all placements, I hardly think being down one year constitutes being over-rated.

If it's of any consolation, the Dirty South only came away with 4 Champs as well. 

27 minutes ago, regionrat1 said:

We got two coming back and 1 I hope dosent go to Mt Carmel coming - I will take 4 but I thought we could get 6 or 7 / like a true bears fan - wait till next year

Da Bears- knew I liked ya for a reason other than this great sport

15 hours ago, Play wrestle said:

Region = overrated 

I get it.  It would be a lot fun to see the region get shut down at the state tournament due to some of the region arrogance that surfaces from time to time.  Not to mention nobody likes to see the same winners all the time.  It is fun to see giants fall.  However, if you do the math, they still won more than their share of championships and got like 24 of the 28 placers they would have needed for their share of the medals.  Down a little from past years? Yes for sure, but it took a long time for this person to finally get to make this statement LOL.  Region boys as a whole did not wrestle well and some strange things happened like Poynter getting hurt, and Fattore pinning himself.  Maybe Mudflap was the bus driver that kept the buses running Friday night and early Saturday morning!  Just saying. 

3 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

?????

I assume you wouldn't want Davison to have to wrestle someone who is maybe 25 pounds heavier, a lot stronger, perhaps just as quick, and at this point a more accomplished wrestler.

Davison is a very fine wrestler who just won his first state championship and is going to be attending a Big Ten school. But didn't Davison just barely squeeze out a double overtime semi-finals match to advance to the championship round?

Meanwhile, Parris just completely dominated his 3rd consecutive state finals.  He seemed to easily pin some very fine wrestlers in their own right.  The wrestlers Parris wrestled were no jokes.  Parris is ranked where he is nationally for a very good reason.  Mason is one of the truly great wrestlers in IHSAA history.

So I don't think I would wish Parris on Davidson ... unless you were at least doing some size scaling.

At a catch weight, or at 195; Parris could probably lose 25 pounds with relative ease.  I just think Davison is the only guy in the state outside of some of the 285 behemoths, that could at least make an interesting match with Mason.  Not saying he would win, I just think it would be a fun match to watch.

11 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

?????

Davison actually bumped up and wrestled Brandon Streck in our dual this year, it is in fact Brandon’s only other loss this year. It was a good match, 3-1 until last few moments when Brandon went for it and ended up giving up a takedown and backs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.