Sprinting to get seats

Disco

6 minutes ago, wrestler321 said:

whenever I have come across large numbers of seats being saved and they are unattended I simply remove the bed sheet, caution tape, or whatever they decide to use and sit my happy butt in the seat that I came to fair and square ;):lol: Seat saving only works if we allow it to work:lol:

Concur. Along those lines, and this only works if there's just a couple of you..

1. wear a neutral color shirt..gray/white/black..most teams have a variation of those colors somehow.

2. Know at least one name from about 6 of the larger teams that are the ones usually hoarding the seats..you know who they are!

3. Just tell the nice lady/man with bed sheets/coats/tape that you are Jason Tsirtsis (random name to protect the innocent but use the name from #2 above of whichever team section your in) aunt/uncle and drove to watch him and just need a couple seats.

4. The mean seat lady/man will then become super nice, welcome you with open arms, ask about insert name from team section here and you plant your arse in their section.

5. Upon wrestling commencement, shed your neutral color shirt..throw on your loud and proud #PainTrain, Jimtown new State 2018 shirt.

6. Stand up and start the #PainTrain, Jimtown chant or my fave..Unleash the Giant saying!!

7. Duck from flying debris.

Just a tip from your UncleJimmy.

6 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

1. wear a neutral color shirt..gray/white/black..most teams have a variation of those colors somehow.

Wear an IndianaMat shirt and say you work for the website.

In case you want one...I know someone that could help you out.

19 minutes ago, Sydokun said:

I see both sides but at the same time teams should set together. Kinda odd 3 people setting in a sea of Portage if your kid is wrestling a portage kid. 

I agree... State is so much fun when a whole section is cheering together.  I wonder if IHSAA or Bankers Life could designate 1 or 2 sections in the lower level as "No Seat Saving" sections.  Maybe the corner sections that can see all the mats but aren't the best seats.  Most big groups would obviously avoid these sections since they can't save and give family, friends or small schools a chance to get a good seat.  Of course it would be first come first serve but could open up seats without that much extra work.  

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Wear an IndianaMat shirt and say you work for the website.

In case you want one...I know someone that could help you out.

This is a great idea and fundraiser! Sell them with our handles on them and we all walk around Bankers and meet eachother during breaks and after in the local establishments!! "Hey, there's @ClownBaby! " Where's he been by the way? Of course da Rat don't have his handle on his...just his avatar pic!

I appreciate the offer but I  already have my sweet IM dry fit shirt courtesy of a local ref..it was too small for him. It was a bribe to get AuntJanie to make Oreo dirt pudding for the hospitality room. It worked.

What's the capacity of the lower section? Reserve these for wrestlers, coaches, families, etc. So the more you qualify for state, the bigger allotment you get in the lower section. So maybe Cathedral gets 100, Portage gets 90, Brownsburg gets 80, etc. all the way down to the school who qualifies one wrestler still gets five tickets in the bottom section. Not sure how the math would actually work but essentially you have to go through the school's allotment to get into the lower section. 

The middle and upper sections are open admission for everyone else. 

I'm sure this is too much work to ever happen.  

8 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

This is a great idea and fundraiser! Sell them with our handles on them and we all walk around Bankers and meet eachother during breaks and after in the local establishments!! "Hey, there's @ClownBaby! " Where's he been by the way? Of course da Rat don't have his handle on his...just his avatar pic!

I appreciate the offer but I  already have my sweet IM dry fit shirt courtesy of a local ref..it was too small for him. It was a bribe to get AuntJanie to make Oreo dirt pudding for the hospitality room. It worked.

If it's one with the old logo that is a tresure! I don't even have one of those. I know @Galagore will be wearing his OG shirt on Saturday.

Ill have to pull mine out for this weekend.    Funny story, I was on  Shell Island off of Panama City Beach last spring break,  and another local wrestler noticed the Indianamat shirt I had on.  It was kind of cool. 

Haven't heard from Clown Baby all season.  I guess its time for the annual post of "What luxury car is Clown Baby Driving to the Bank"?

I know we make light of the situation cause there is not much that can be done with general admission seating - however I have personally witnessed families/mom in tears because of this situation and not being able to get a "good seat" to watch her son wrestle....sometimes in his last match. That's an issue that needs to be addressed, immediately , rather than cast aside. 

Quit trying to save 3 rows of seats in a section. 

1 hour ago, UncleJimmy said:

Concur. Along those lines, and this only works if there's just a couple of you..

2. Know at least one name from about 6 of the larger teams that are the ones usually hoarding the seats..you know who they are!

3. Just tell the nice lady/man with bed sheets/coats/tape that you are Jason Tsirtsis (random name to protect the innocent but use the name from #2 above of whichever team section your in) aunt/uncle and drove to watch him and just need a couple seats.

4. The mean seat lady/man will then become super nice, welcome you with open arms, ask about insert name from team section here and you plant your arse in their section.

5. Upon wrestling commencement, shed your neutral color shirt..throw on your loud and proud #PainTrain, Jimtown new State 2018 shirt.

6. Stand up and start the #PainTrain, Jimtown chant or my fave..Unleash the Giant saying!!

7. Duck from flying debris.

Just a tip from your UncleJimmy.

what would we do if we did not have UncleJimmy

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

If it's one with the old logo that is a tresure! I don't even have one of those. I know @Galagore will be wearing his OG shirt on Saturday.

Boy howdy. There was a time when that thing made nearly every out of town trip with me. But now it is in survival mode. Only in action for special occasions. A treasure to be sure.

Lower level should be coaches, parents, siblings/family/friends and teammates only of state qualifiers. They should have a certain allotment for each state participant. My preference, will never happen, but have only 1 weight class wrestling at a time. Next weight class cannot start until the previous class is finished (yeah takes longer but who is counting). I assume from the draw that mat # is known and you could make passes for the allotted family members and assign seats or rows of sections near that mat for each section for each match. No pass then no access. Have the Firehouse staff collect each one after the match for winning wrestlers for following rounds.

Edited by casualwrestlingfan

Maybe some common sense can prevail and people just be reasonable when saving seats.  1-2 per person in the section, anything more than that is unacceptable and if that group is not allowing you to sit down, I would advise notifying an usher.  I enjoy reading the posts in which they remove the tape or sheets that are saving seats.  I have never personally had an issue, but I think one of these years I am just gonna go around and purposely sit in "saved" seats!

Guilty... I was a seat saver...  yes, I ran down the hallway and down the stairs and threw coats on seats... Yes, I was one who would upset people when I said "this seat is taken"...  and no, I didnt care...  I wanted good seats for me, my parents and others...

However, now I may be a tad to old to run down a hall, down some stairs and guard off people from taking seats...  I sure hope the younger generation is ready to take over for....

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, Disco said:

And what brand of running shoes do you all wear for the best times to the seats?

I went with my Brooks.  We got in line at 3.  I was actually the first one allowed in the Fieldhouse.  Got to a section our school wanted to sit in.  Got hit with a roll of caution tape. It was a train wreck. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.