Frosh/Soph State questions

Coach Masters

Is there a backup plan for the Portage qualifier due to weather? And if it is called, when will that happen?

Does anybody have any clarification on how Indy Nationals will work as a qualifier? What if your wrestler does not wrestle any Indiana Frosh/sophs since its HS division?

Pasted from flyer

Central District Qualifier … We are adding a “last-chance” qualifier on the following Sunday (February 18th) at the Indy Nationals tournament at the University of Indianapolis. We already have a High School Division, and thanks to the software technology of TrackWrestling, we can separate and export Indiana High School Freshman and Sophomore results from this event into the Frosh-Soph State Championships. This will be limited to the top 8 Indiana Frosh-Soph finishers per weight class. As an example, an Indiana Frosh-Soph wrestler might finish 15th in a weight class, but if he/she is in the top 8 of Indiana Frosh-Soph wrestlers, that wrestler will qualify. For State Frosh-Soph Championship qualification purposes a wrestler is only competing with other Indiana Freshmen and Sophomores.

36 minutes ago, Coach Masters said:

Is there a backup plan for the Portage qualifier due to weather? And if it is called, when will that happen?

Does anybody have any clarification on how Indy Nationals will work as a qualifier? What if your wrestler does not wrestle any Indiana Frosh/sophs since its HS division?

I would be shocked if it was cancelled.  The snow is supposed to stop at 6 today and while the roads aren't the best, I am sure they will be cleared up enough by Sunday.

11 hours ago, Chrissiewhite01 said:

I'm trying to find a direct link to register my son for this event.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=287225009&TIM=1518274453349&twSessionId=ghbvputbzflulzy

That's a link to the South Qualifier, which I'm assuming is where you will be going.

Here's the Northern Qualifier if you like road trips:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/registration/BasicPreReg1.jsp?tournamentGroupId=286131009&TIM=1518274453349&twSessionId=ghbvputbzflulzy

Edited by NarrowGate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.