Evansville Semi-State Predictions

Sig40

i looked for common opponents between Ross and Dalton, since that will be the likely ticket round match.  Looks like Dalton beat Alstott in the 95 lb finals at MS state last year 3-1.  Ross beat Montgomery at 110 lbs 6-4 in SV.  Ross beat Alstott 9-0 at the MD Holiday classic and Montgomery beat Dalton at regional.  Last years results don't mean squat, but I found it interesting.  Dalton/Ross should be a very good match.

5 hours ago, 1gold said:

106 Evansville SS . SSHH is scrappy , Ross escaped a loss. Not saying he will make ticket round , but pack your lunch bucket ,he has no quit.

I agree if you take Scott from Heritage Hills at 106 for granted you will find yourself in the showers early. Athletic kid with a motor that gave Ross all he could handle and more.

106 has two tough ticket round matches for me Ross vs Dalton (this is toss up for me but I chose Ross only because I got to watch him at mater dei. Also who’s is Dalton’s one loss too? Scott vs Montgomery, Scott showed last week that he can hang with the big dawgs but does he have enough to top Montgomery? I think not, look for Montgomery to take 1st and to try and meet Moran under the lights next weekend. 

My picks: Montgomery,Ross,Gardner,Alstott 

113 4 very exciting ticket round matchs! Spears vs Boarman, boarman should not have a problem taking this one but spears is a seasoned wrestler who’s put in the work. Next you have a very open 4 man bracket anyone of them could take it Brown took the first meeting vs Kendall can he do it again and then the winner should have Conley. Sutton vs Petro is another good one. Last you have Clark vs Casebolt, Clark has shown that he is peaking at the right time but does he have enough to stun Casebolt? 

My picks: Boarman,Casebolt,Petro, Brown

Two ticket round matches stick out to me, Egli vs Rouix and the big one Boe vs Cash 

Boe has peaked at the right time again this year but draws a very tough Cash, cash doesn’t have a lot of Notable matches but he held his own against Curtis and Fair guys that some people consider a lock. #8 vs #9 will be fun, two extremely talented kids who have been tested all year unfortunately one goes home early. 

My picks: Cash, Campbell, Egli, Antunez

Well I could write on and on about this weight class, but first I will say thank you to the wrestling gods for not matching up Garcia and Rooks in the go round, because hopefully they will meet under the lights next weekend! With a weight class this stacked your bound to have very terrible draws. Unfortunately Willis draws mills, Willis has gotten terrible terrible draws for 3 years in a row now! He in my opinion should be at least a 3 time qualifier but draws have perverted that. Is this the year he makes it does he pull of the “upset”? Next you have Egli vs Garcia, Garcia has lost two weeks in a row now to a very tough and seasoned mills but look for him to bounce back this week and take home a Semi state title I think Rooks get the best of mills why Garcia gets the best of Denny I do think Garcia gets Rooks this week but I do expect a different outcome at the Bank. 

My picks: Garcia, Rooks, Mills, Denny

132: 

Not much to say about this class for em look for Rooks to take home the title and be looking for another title next week. But he will be tested against Dickens in the finals. There is one tough ticket round match for me Craig vs Kreitzer two well deserving qualifiers. 

My picks: Rooks, Dickens, Kreitzer, Sullivan 

138: 

A brutal draw for Miranda sticks out to me he draws in my opinion the state champ Combest, Miranda is tough and has plenty of accolades to back him I wouldn’t be to surprised if he upsets Combest. Next you have a pretty open bottom bracket, Donald Campbell was 7th a year ago now sitting with a 11-10 record? Was he hurt? Just having a bad season/tough competition? Hunt comes in as the one seed and I do expect him to take this quarter bracket but wouldn’t be surprised if Kincaid wins it castle wrestles one of the toughest schedules in the state and Kincaid has wrestled the best. In the finals Combest and Mulkey will be fireworks first round Combest won in overtime I expect another overtime low scoring match. 

My pick: Combest, Mulkey, Lee, Hunt

This is a wide open weight class for me, Normally I think Sellmer is the clear favorite but he looked a little off to me last week at regionals maybe he was sick? I do look for him to take the semi state title and look for a run under the lights next week at the bank. He will have a tough go round though in a talented Peyton Pruett. 

My picks: Sellmer, Conley, Schoenegge, Fitts

LOTs of could win this weight class... except they have the #1 kid in the nation they will have to get passed in order to do it. Look for a lot of scraping in this weight class lots of good ticket round matches the one that sticks out to me the most is Blubaugh vs Parkinsons, Blubaugh has been solid all year and my pick for this match up.

my picks: Lee, Blubaugh, Deters, Pollitt

Another weight i don’t have much to say about other then I am extremely excited for Mappes vs South V2 is the finals I think this is also the match under the lights next weekend. I look for South to take this match. 

My picks: South, Mappes, Singleton, Osho

This will definitely be a scrappy weight lots of well deserving kids trying to punch there ticket! Bad draw for Carson and Beineke! I look for brewer to continue his outstanding season and continue on his run for a title next week at the bank should be a exciting finals match between him and fuller! 

My picks: Brewer, Fuller, William, Hayes

A exciting weight for me (bias reasons) this weight it the only weight with 3 Undefeated wrestlers Walton, Mosley and Guerrier! Not any go round matches stick out to me should have a lot of kids trying to punch there ticket in the 2nd quarter bracket personally I’d like to see Wilks punch his ticket for north Harrison considering it’s there first year as a program! Mosley is tough would have really liked to see him and Guerrier go at it and the winner get Walton but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Look for Walton to continue his dominating season and to be ready for a title run next weekend. 

My picks: Walton, Guerrier, Mosley, Wilks

195:

(Another bias weight) Sonner looks like he has finally broken threw in the state series after his in my opinion dominating performance against in my opinion the 2nd best kid in the semi state in Goforth. Look for sonner to continue his great season and to be trying for a run under the lights next weekend! Lots of kids in this weight could punch there tickets no real heavy favorites in any quarter bracket! 

My picks: Sonner, Goforth, Smith, Stits

220:

Another weight with a lot of kids brawling for a ticket to the bank Boots and Hammond are the two front runners for this weight I expect a finals match between the two! 

My picks: Hammond, Boots, Williams, Sisk

285:

The most open weight in my opinion I think who ever shows up will win this weight no favorites for me!

my picks: McCubbins, York, Graves, Kramer 

Edited by RichardMowery

Unfortunately Willis draws mills, Willis has gotten terrible terrible draws for 3 years in a row now! He in my opinion should be at least a 3 time qualifier but draws have perverted that. Is this the year he makes it does he pull of the “upset”

While this is a tough match and made a tough pick for Willis to take it, draws isn't the only reason as to why he hasn't punched his ticket. Plain and simple, he just got outwrestled in years past. 

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

Unfortunately Willis draws mills, Willis has gotten terrible terrible draws for 3 years in a row now! He in my opinion should be at least a 3 time qualifier but draws have perverted that. Is this the year he makes it does he pull of the “upset”

While this is a tough match and made a tough pick for Willis to take it, draws isn't the only reason as to why he hasn't punched his ticket. Plain and simple, he just got outwrestled in years past. 

Outwreslted well that’s obvious, but you to sit here and say draws arent the majority reason why that’s just nonsense. His freshman year he draws 8th placer Jacob Skaggs from Avon. Sophomore year draws state champ Brock hudkins, junior year draws 3rd placer graham Rooks and now this year he draws mills. Willis would have qualified in 2016 had he got Dilbeck or Combest draw. He would of qualified in 2017 had he got Matt Lee or Noah hunts draw and he would have forsure qualified with Denny’s draw this year or even Rooks draw. If Willis doesn’t qualify he will be one of the best kids to not ever qualify notice I said one of the best not the best. 

Edited by RichardMowery

4 hours ago, RichardMowery said:

Outwreslted well that’s obvious, but you to sit here and say draws arent the majority reason why that’s just nonsense. His freshman year he draws 8th placer Jacob Skaggs from Avon. Sophomore year draws state champ Brock hudkins, junior year draws 3rd placer graham Rooks and now this year he draws mills. Willis would have qualified in 2016 had he got Dilbeck or Combest draw. He would of qualified in 2017 had he got Matt Lee or Noah hunts draw and he would have forsure qualified with Denny’s draw this year or even Rooks draw. If Willis doesn’t qualify he will be one of the best kids to not ever qualify notice I said one of the best not the best. 

I'm not saying that it's all just the draw, because it is a tough draw. However, there's also no guantantee that he would've won those match ups either. Then what, another bad draw and pick the next man down. He's a great wrestler and that's why I think this year he punches his ticket. 

17 hours ago, RichardMowery said:

106 has two tough ticket round matches for me Ross vs Dalton (this is toss up for me but I chose Ross only because I got to watch him at mater dei. Also who’s is Dalton’s one loss too? Scott vs Montgomery, Scott showed last week that he can hang with the big dawgs but does he have enough to top Montgomery? I think not, look for Montgomery to take 1st and to try and meet Moran under the lights next weekend. 

My picks: Montgomery,Ross,Gardner,Alstott 

113 4 very exciting ticket round matchs! Spears vs Boarman, boarman should not have a problem taking this one but spears is a seasoned wrestler who’s put in the work. Next you have a very open 4 man bracket the winner should be Conley. Sutton vs Petro is another good one. Last you have Clark vs Casebolt, Clark has shown that he is peaking at the right time but does he have enough to stun Casebolt? 

My picks: Boarman,Casebolt,Petro, Conley

Two ticket round matches stick out to me, Egli vs Rouix and the big one Boe vs Cash 

Boe has peaked at the right time again this year but draws a very tough Cash, cash doesn’t have a lot of Notable matches but he held his own against Curtis and Fair guys that some people consider a lock. #8 vs #9 will be fun, two extremely talented kids who have been tested all year unfortunately one goes home early. 

My picks: Cash, Campbell, Egli, Antunez

Well I could write on and on about this weight class, but first I will say thank you to the wrestling gods for not matching up Garcia and Rooks in the go round, because hopefully they will meet under the lights next weekend! With a weight class this stacked your bound to have very terrible draws. Unfortunately Willis draws mills, Willis has gotten terrible terrible draws for 3 years in a row now! He in my opinion should be at least a 3 time qualifier but draws have perverted that. Is this the year he makes it does he pull of the “upset”? Next you have Egli vs Garcia, Garcia has lost two weeks in a row now to a very tough and seasoned mills but look for him to bounce back this week and take home a Semi state title I think Rooks get the best of mills why Garcia gets the best of Denny I do think Garcia gets Rooks this week but I do expect a different outcome at the Bank. 

My picks: Garcia, Rooks, Mills, Denny

132: 

Not much to say about this class for em look for Rooks to take home the title and be looking for another title next week. But he will be tested against Dickens in the finals. There is one tough ticket round match for me Craig vs Kreitzer two well deserving qualifiers. 

My picks: Rooks, Dickens, Kreitzer, Sullivan 

138: 

A brutal draw for Miranda sticks out to me he draws in my opinion the state champ Combest, Miranda is tough and has plenty of accolades to back him I wouldn’t be to surprised if he upsets Combest. Next you have a pretty open bottom bracket, Donald Campbell was 7th a year ago now sitting with a 11-10 record? Was he hurt? Just having a bad season/tough competition? Hunt comes in as the one seed and I do expect him to take this quarter bracket but wouldn’t be surprised if Kincaid wins it castle wrestles one of the toughest schedules in the state and Kincaid has wrestled the best. In the finals Combest and Mulkey will be fireworks first round Combest won in overtime I expect another overtime low scoring match. 

My pick: Combest, Mulkey, Lee, Hunt

This is a wide open weight class for me, Normally I think Sellmer is the clear favorite but he looked a little off to me last week at regionals maybe he was sick? I do look for him to take the semi state title and look for a run under the lights next week at the bank. He will have a tough go round though in a talented Peyton Pruett. 

My picks: Sellmer, Conley, Schoenegge, Fitts

LOTs of could win this weight class... except they have the #1 kid in the nation they will have to get passed in order to do it. Look for a lot of scraping in this weight class lots of good ticket round matches the one that sticks out to me the most is Blubaugh vs Parkinsons, Blubaugh has been solid all year and my pick for this match up.

my picks: Lee, Blubaugh, Deters, Pollitt

Another weight i don’t have much to say about other then I am extremely excited for Mappes vs South V2 is the finals I think this is also the match under the lights next weekend. I look for South to take this match. 

My picks: South, Mappes, Singleton, Osho

This will definitely be a scrappy weight lots of well deserving kids trying to punch there ticket! Bad draw for Carson and Beineke! I look for brewer to continue his outstanding season and continue on his run for a title next week at the bank should be a exciting finals match between him and fuller! 

My picks: Brewer, Fuller, William, Hayes

A exciting weight for me (bias reasons) this weight it the only weight with 3 Undefeated wrestlers Walton, Mosley and Guerrier! Not any go round matches stick out to me should have a lot of kids trying to punch there ticket in the 2nd quarter bracket personally I’d like to see Wilks punch his ticket for north Harrison considering it’s there first year as a program! Mosley is tough would have really liked to see him and Guerrier go at it and the winner get Walton but unfortunately that didn’t happen. Look for Walton to continue his dominating season and to be ready for a title run next weekend. 

My picks: Walton, Guerrier, Mosley, Wilks

195:

(Another bias weight) Sonner looks like he has finally broken threw in the state series after his in my opinion dominating performance against in my opinion the 2nd best kid in the semi state in Goforth. Look for sonner to continue his great season and to be trying for a run under the lights next weekend! Lots of kids in this weight could punch there tickets no real heavy favorites in any quarter bracket! 

My picks: Sonner, Goforth, Smith, Stits

220:

Another weight with a lot of kids brawling for a ticket to the bank Boots and Hammond are the two front runners for this weight I expect a finals match between the two! 

My picks: Hammond, Boots, Williams, Sisk

285:

The most open weight in my opinion I think who ever shows up will win this weight no favorites for me!

my picks: McCubbins, York, Graves, Kramer 

10 hours ago, RichardMowery said:

Of course he did not get Matt lees draw in 2017...Lee beat him for the regional title!

6 hours ago, BlueBolt said:

Willis is a kid that can win anywhere at anytime.  Tough as nails and willing to go at any opponent.    A win from him is never a surprise. 

I like Willis.  At the siac meet, he was one of the most impressive finalists.  He was not as sharp at the regional.  I noticed a sizable wrap on his arm

7 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

I'm not saying that it's all just the draw, because it is a tough draw. However, there's also no guantantee that he would've won those match ups either. Then what, another bad draw and pick the next man down. He's a great wrestler and that's why I think this year he punches his ticket. 

Do you know if Willis and Mills have wrestled before? Or Garcia and  Egli? Im sure I coulda did some research on this but I know one of you brainiax know the answer and score?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.