If wrestling was a class sport........

wrestleliferfan

4 minutes ago, BClark said:

Indiana is 17th in population, so that is where you would think we would rank nationally.  We shouldn't be compared to California, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, etc. since they have more people.  

We should be compared to states our own size (Tennessee, Massachusetts, Missouri, Maryland, Wisconsin, Arizona, etc.). 

So I would say we are doing really well compared to other states similar in size.  

But size shouldn't matter if you have hear and determination.

6 minutes ago, BClark said:

Indiana is 17th in population, so that is where you would think we would rank nationally.  We shouldn't be compared to California, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, etc. since they have more people.  

We should be compared to states our own size (Tennessee, Massachusetts, Missouri, Maryland, Wisconsin, Arizona, etc.). 

So I would say we are doing really well compared to other states similar in size.  

Wyoming has the lowest population of any state and beat out Indiana.  They must try harder.

3 minutes ago, asbury4040 said:

Y2, you win. Here's your trophy. I've been told to give in or you will ban me. To the rest of you I say lighten up. It's my opinion. Keep hiding behind your keyboard. Anyone who knows me knows the truth. Here's a question. Where will you hold your class tournament? It wouldn't be Bankers. The fairgrounds? Oh... ya, We can have it in Ft. Wayne. Nobody would go except parents n family. Whatever you guys want though. If you keep crying enough we will give in. Just like everything else in the world. We're erasing history, tearing down monuments, etc.... why? To appease the soft society. Again, if you want to make this personal then reach out to me. We can have adult dialogue. Right! 

State could still be held at Bankers Life, there is plenty of room for more mats. I'm glad you are so concerned about the venue though.

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

State could still be held at Bankers Life, there is plenty of room for more mats. I'm glad you are so concerned about the venue though.

I'm not. I'm sure you guys know what it has done to basketball. I know they're different sports. As far as my soft kids comment I stand by it! Today's kids are soft as hell!!!!! I didn't say wrestlers were. I said kids. Today's kids in general. Again, keep it clean internet tough guys. 

9 minutes ago, asbury4040 said:

Y2, you win. Here's your trophy. I've been told to give in or you will ban me. To the rest of you I say lighten up. It's my opinion. Keep hiding behind your keyboard. Anyone who knows me knows the truth. Here's a question. Where will you hold your class tournament? It wouldn't be Bankers. The fairgrounds? Oh... ya, We can have it in Ft. Wayne. Nobody would go except parents n family. Whatever you guys want though. If you keep crying enough we will give in. Just like everything else in the world. We're erasing history, tearing down monuments, etc.... why? To appease the soft society. Again, if you want to make this personal then reach out to me. We can have adult dialogue. Right! 

If we had a state tournament, why wouldn't it be at Bankers Life?

Also,  it looks like you just submitted in your debate with Y2, so you lose.  Ill give him 1st place trophy?  And you have done a very competitive, tenuous and really tried hard on your side of the debate.  I appreciate the effort will be sending you your participation.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

49 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Funny how Mr. Asbury moved his son from Cloverdale, a small school, to Brownsburg, one of over 2000. Sounds very interesting from someone that is opposed to class wrestling.

Why I moved my sone is obviously none of your business or anybody else's. You're making it personal and that's out of bounds. 

2 hours ago, JMILL said:

Maybe we should have a Freshman only state, a sophomore only state, a Junior only state and a senior only state. 

then older kids aren't picking on younger kids..............#NoClassWrestling

<Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunnyTough

side note......... @asbury4040 I love your posts buddy !!!   Keep up the good work  #PainTrain

I guess you can't have discussion without hurting people's feelings. 

5 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

If we had a state tournament, why wouldn't it be at Bankers Life?

Also,  it looks like you just submitted in your debate with Y2, so you lose.  Ill give him 1st place trophy?  And you have done a very competitive, tenuous and really tried hard on your side of the debate.  I appreciate the effort will be sending you your participation.

Negative. Just hold on to it. Thanks, buddy. 

2 minutes ago, asbury4040 said:

I'm not. I'm sure you guys know what it has done to basketball. I know they're different sports. As far as my soft kids comment I stand by it! Today's kids are soft as hell!!!!! I didn't say wrestlers were. I said kids. Today's kids in general. Again, keep it clean internet tough guys. 

I won't go so far asbury4040 as to insult you. I know you and you know me and I respect your opinion and I do appreciate the statement that kids are soft. I agree with that statement. I will, however, rebut by saying this. If wrestling, by itself, is a tough sport, and kids these days are soft, shouldn't we do what we can to get more kids to wrestle?

I would go so far to say that even the kids that wrestle for 4 years and never make it to state, or never win their conference, or never have a winning record, are still better off in life because they've experienced walking on the mat and going to battle one on one with another person. They gain confidence and drive by working through the daily grind. My argument is simply that more kids would wrestle and kids at small schools or even programs that can only get half of a roster together, will maybe be more driven when they can see a goal that is attainable. 

15 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Wyoming has the lowest population of any state and beat out Indiana.  They must try harder.

State Classes NCAA Points Population Rank Differential
Wyoming 3 20 50 -30
Iowa 3 4 30 -26
Oklahoma 4 5 28 -23
Idaho 4 18 39 -21
Nevada 3 15 33 -18
West Virginia 2 21 38 -17
Minnesota 3 8 22 -14
Oregon 5 14 27 -13
Connecticut   19 29 -10
Missouri 4 9 18 -9
Michigan 4 3 10 -7
Ohio 3 1 7 -6
Maryland 2 13 19 -6
South Carolina 3 17 23 -6
Colorado 4 16 21 -5
Pennsylvania 2 2 5 -3
New Jersey 1 10 11 -1
Illinois 3 7 5 2
California 1 6 1 5
Indiana 1 22 17 5
New York 2 12 4 8
Texas 2 11 2 9
Virginia 6 23 12 11

Edited by Katanakahn

3 minutes ago, MustangDaddy said:

I won't go so far asbury4040 as to insult you. I know you and you know me and I respect your opinion and I do appreciate the statement that kids are soft. I agree with that statement. I will, however, rebut by saying this. If wrestling, by itself, is a tough sport, and kids these days are soft, shouldn't we do what we can to get more kids to wrestle?

I would go so far to say that even the kids that wrestle for 4 years and never make it to state, or never win their conference, or never have a winning record, are still better off in life because they've experienced walking on the mat and going to battle one on one with another person. They gain confidence and drive by working through the daily grind. My argument is simply that more kids would wrestle and kids at small schools or even programs that can only get half of a roster together, will maybe be more driven when they can see a goal that is attainable. 

Ok. I agree w what kids get out of wrestling. I put my kid in it! I guess it comes down to what each of us define as an attainable goal. Our goal was and is bigger than wrestling. It's just a matter of perspective. As far as us knowing each other I doubt it. I only know Livingston from your neck of the woods. I'm sure your a good dude though. I've only met one nice fella bag in all of our years wrestling...lol

4 minutes ago, asbury4040 said:

Ok. I agree w what kids get out of wrestling. I put my kid in it! I guess it comes down to what each of us define as an attainable goal. Our goal was and is bigger than wrestling. It's just a matter of perspective. As far as us knowing each other I doubt it. I only know Livingston from your neck of the woods. I'm sure your a good dude though. I've only met one nice fella bag in all of our years wrestling...lol

If Livingston is the only guy you know from Edgewood... I feel sorry for you! Lol! That's a joke btw. Livingston and I are good friends. I guess I'll just say that I know who you are and I know your boy through wrestling with Outlaws... and my name is Nate Koontz... the MustangDaddy! 

Edited by MustangDaddy
wanted to add something

59 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I work with some people who used to work with Anheuser Bush prior to the IN Bev take over.  They always bragged about how they got a free case of beer (participation award) monthly.  That's better than a trophy.

this was the American Dream Job.........then it was bought out by a foreign company and well dream crushed !!!

6 minutes ago, MustangDaddy said:

If Livingston is the only guy you know from Edgewood... I feel sorry for you! Lol! That's a joke btw. Livingston and I are good friends. I guess I'll just say that I know who you are and I know your boy through wrestling with Outlaws... and my name is Nate Koontz... the MustangDaddy! 

Ok, ya, we know each other. It's simple dialogue. I do appreciate you putting your name to your comments. Since the moderator of this forum called out my kid It has fired me up. We made the move cuz we wanted to get into a service academy. I wanted the tougher academics and still be at a decent wrestling program. That's what I meant to you by it's a matter of perspective. We didn't move from a place where we couldn't crack the lineup to a place he falls right in. What kinda lesson is that? Anyway... my rant is over. As far as Livingston I agree! Lol... he's a good dude that I love. 

and it took a little bit but Mr Koontz brought all this around to a big old hug fest with love going around !!!  

Just like he tried to do out in Maryland a few wknds ago, but from what I hear may have failed in his efforts. 

He may be @MustangDaddy but to this board he will always be (#) ThePeaceMaker

Edited by JMILL

1 minute ago, JMILL said:

and it took a little bit but Mr Koontz brought all this around to a big old hug fest with love going around !!!  

Just like he tried to do out in Maryland a few wknds ago, but from what I hear may have failed in his efforts. 

He may be @MustangDaddy but to this board he will always be <Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunnyPeaceMaker

LOL! I at least calmed the situation down long enough for security to handle it! 

Just now, asbury4040 said:

You're not telling the truth. My last sentence up a couple posts was edited. I put nice fella bag and it was turned into a nice fella. 

It just did it agin. Must be something you have integrated into the software. Can I say SOFTWARE with out getting you guys fired up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.