ontherise219

How do you vote for a your outstanding wrestler award?

Is it the wrestler who dominated a tournament. Even if the weight isn’t the toughest 

is it the wrestler who wins a stacked weight class beating other top wrestlers? 

I always find this to be a interesting conversation and coaches have different opinions 

Brayden won OW at Moorseville this year. I don't think he was in the most stacked weight, but did bump up to 120 and was dominate up to the finals. Then had a good match with Cash. I know he has been very humble and respectful of his follow competitor. I would hope that had more to do with it then just his performance as an athlete.  To me OW should be a balance of Ability / Sportsmanship and not just based on name and the ability to pin / TF every kid as fast as they can. Just my opinion. Very interesting topic and to be honest until now i had not given it much thought. 

Good question.  126 will be a solid weight class at state and the winner will have run a gauntlet for sure, but you can't penalize guys like Parris and Lee for their weight class not being as tough.  Usually when there is such a dominant wrestler in a weight class, people leave the weight class.  If Lee or Parris tech/pin everyone they face, does their dominance get overlooked because of their competition, or even because we expected them to?  Then on the flip side, does the award go to a dark horse that came out of nowhere?  If someone upsets one of those two, they have my vote!

42 minutes ago, XCard said:

One that is often times decided before Final matches are decided, another disrespect of the upper weights.

Still over here waiting for the finals matches to be on a random draw. Poor big boys don't have nearly the amount of people watching when 11:00 pm on a Saturday rolls around.....

2 hours ago, Sydokun said:

Brayden won OW at Moorseville this year. I don't think he was in the most stacked weight, but did bump up to 120 and was dominate up to the finals. Then had a good match with Cash. I know he has been very humble and respectful of his follow competitor. I would hope that had more to do with it then just his performance as an athlete.  To me OW should be a balance of Ability / Sportsmanship and not just based on name and the ability to pin / TF every kid as fast as they can. Just my opinion. Very interesting topic and to be honest until now i had not given it much thought. 

I was there and that was worth whatever I paid to get in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.