Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
aoberlin

Wrestlebacks Poll

Wrestlebacks  

201 members have voted

  1. 1. Are You In Favor of Wrestlebacks

    • Yes
      168
    • No
      32


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, BClark said:

It sounds like they are not in favor of adding additional rounds, so what would we have to give up? Less kids advance but get wrestlebacks? 

Doesnt sound like they will give something for nothing. 

Great question. Maybe we can get more ideas on this topic. 

Phil cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BClark said:

It sounds like they are not in favor of adding additional rounds, so what would we have to give up? Less kids advance but get wrestlebacks? 

Doesnt sound like they will give something for nothing. 

Who is they that doesn't want to give additional rounds.  Is that the IHSAA board?    Just curious,  does it cost IHSAA that much more to rent Bankers Life all Day Friday to add additional rounds?   IHSAA would make more cash charging for more rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Yes upsets will happen. Just not why I'm for wrestlebacks.  You and everyone else loves a good upset.  Well unless it happens to your kid.  

You do understand that I totally agree with your opinion, right? Wrestlebacks are not needed because of upsets, they are needed to eliminate the most deserving wrestlers being eliminated by the luck of the draw.

I only added the tidbit about upsets still happening, because they will. A relative unknown wrestler who is much better than his reputation will surprise everyone from time to time. That is the beauty of the sport - not bad luck from a ridiculous blind draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Yes upsets will happen. Just not why I'm for wrestlebacks.  You and everyone else loves a good upset.  Well unless it happens to your kid.  

An upset is an upset no matter if you have wrestle backs or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SIACfan said:

You do understand that I totally agree with your opinion, right? Wrestlebacks are not needed because of upsets, they are needed to eliminate the most deserving wrestlers being eliminated by the luck of the draw.

I only added the tidbit about upsets still happening, because they will. A relative unknown wrestler who is much better than his reputation will surprise everyone from time to time. That is the beauty of the sport - not bad luck from a ridiculous blind draw.

Yes, I'm aware. I think we are on the same page here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

An upset is an upset no matter if you have wrestle backs or not.

Thats what I'm saying. Upsets are  why you wrestle on the mat. 1 move 2 seconds can change a kids destiny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you this when I argued for wrestlebacks at the Proposal meeting with the IHSAA Mr Faulkens warned me not to use the term wrestlebacks.  So when arguing the point I continuly used true 3rd bracket as we use in sectionals and seemed to be going well until Bobby Cox said, What your talking about is essentially wrestleback arent you.  I  answered I never said wrestle backs I said true 3rd bracket.

 

ahhhh worth a try lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tskin said:

I will tell you this when I argued for wrestlebacks at the Proposal meeting with the IHSAA Mr Faulkens warned me not to use the term wrestlebacks.  So when arguing the point I continuly used true 3rd bracket as we use in sectionals and seemed to be going well until Bobby Cox said, What your talking about is essentially wrestleback arent you.  I  answered I never said wrestle backs I said true 3rd bracket.

 

ahhhh worth a try lol

Ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.