Wrestlebacks Poll

aoberlin

Wrestlebacks  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Are You In Favor of Wrestlebacks

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, BClark said:

It sounds like they are not in favor of adding additional rounds, so what would we have to give up? Less kids advance but get wrestlebacks? 

Doesnt sound like they will give something for nothing. 

Great question. Maybe we can get more ideas on this topic. 

Phil cook

36 minutes ago, BClark said:

It sounds like they are not in favor of adding additional rounds, so what would we have to give up? Less kids advance but get wrestlebacks? 

Doesnt sound like they will give something for nothing. 

Who is they that doesn't want to give additional rounds.  Is that the IHSAA board?    Just curious,  does it cost IHSAA that much more to rent Bankers Life all Day Friday to add additional rounds?   IHSAA would make more cash charging for more rounds.

40 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Yes upsets will happen. Just not why I'm for wrestlebacks.  You and everyone else loves a good upset.  Well unless it happens to your kid.  

You do understand that I totally agree with your opinion, right? Wrestlebacks are not needed because of upsets, they are needed to eliminate the most deserving wrestlers being eliminated by the luck of the draw.

I only added the tidbit about upsets still happening, because they will. A relative unknown wrestler who is much better than his reputation will surprise everyone from time to time. That is the beauty of the sport - not bad luck from a ridiculous blind draw.

4 hours ago, SIACfan said:

You do understand that I totally agree with your opinion, right? Wrestlebacks are not needed because of upsets, they are needed to eliminate the most deserving wrestlers being eliminated by the luck of the draw.

I only added the tidbit about upsets still happening, because they will. A relative unknown wrestler who is much better than his reputation will surprise everyone from time to time. That is the beauty of the sport - not bad luck from a ridiculous blind draw.

Yes, I'm aware. I think we are on the same page here.

I will tell you this when I argued for wrestlebacks at the Proposal meeting with the IHSAA Mr Faulkens warned me not to use the term wrestlebacks.  So when arguing the point I continuly used true 3rd bracket as we use in sectionals and seemed to be going well until Bobby Cox said, What your talking about is essentially wrestleback arent you.  I  answered I never said wrestle backs I said true 3rd bracket.

ahhhh worth a try lol

5 minutes ago, tskin said:

I will tell you this when I argued for wrestlebacks at the Proposal meeting with the IHSAA Mr Faulkens warned me not to use the term wrestlebacks.  So when arguing the point I continuly used true 3rd bracket as we use in sectionals and seemed to be going well until Bobby Cox said, What your talking about is essentially wrestleback arent you.  I  answered I never said wrestle backs I said true 3rd bracket.

ahhhh worth a try lol

Ha!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.