Predictions for Penn regional ?

anymoues

106: Alexander (WAWA), Sinkovics (MISH), Smith (PLYM), Boynton (PENN)

113:Light(PENN), Penrod(SBR), Mark (MISH), Shumpert (TRIT)

120: Schuller (WAWA), Sparrow (PENN), Hardy (SBW), Coleman (CMA)

126: Alexander (WAWA), DeMien (PENN), Devalt (PLYM), Zahl (SBA)

132: Brooks (WAWA), Bryant (CMA), Weeks (MISH), Hill (PENN)

138: Davis (CMA), Risner (PENN), Stuckman (WAWA), Felke(LAV)

145: LaPlace (MISH), Banks (PLYM), Pack (CMA), Faurote (WAWA)

152: Calhoun (PLYM), Walker (MISH), Brook (CMA), Williams (SBW)

160: Kensinger (MISH), Deadmond (BRE), Sheley (SBR), Harris (SBW)

170: Trefren (CMA), Snyder (TRIT), Brown (PENN), Ortiz (WAWA)

182: Boland (CMA), Castro (WAWA), Chaffee (PENN), Davis (PLYM)

195: Hurley (PENN), Rodriguez (WAWA), Walters (CULC), Sandefur (MISH)

220: LaFree (PLYM), Berta (PENN), Hatter (LAV), Conery (SBSJ)

285: McWilliams (SBW), Faulkner (MISH), Cartwright (LAV), Tipping (WAWA)

Edited by MOWrestler

Some of the interesting match-ups:

126: Alexander v. DeMien (I think both make the finals fairly easily, but this should be a great match)

132: Brooks v. Bryant (again, both easily in the finals, but after watching Brook last week this will be a battle)

145: Pack v. Harper in the 1st round (I have Pack making it through, but I'm sure some folks will disagree.  This one will come down to who keeps his head and executes)

170: Brown v. Trefren semifinal (another good match-up, Snyder had a heck of a finals last week to knock off Trefren (avenging an early season loss) and set up this semifinal bout)

182: Castro v. Chaffee (looking forward to this battle, Castro will be a handful in this semifinal bout)

220: LaFree v. Berta ( another close match here)

285: McWilliams v. Faulkner (2 beasts, but I've got the bus continuing to roll in this match-up.  That said, Faulkner is dangerous either will be a tough draw for someone at SS)

9 hours ago, MOWrestler said:

126: Alexander v. DeMien (I think both make the finals fairly easily, but this should be a great match)

132: Brooks v. Bryant (again, both easily in the finals, but after watching Brook last week this will be a battle)

145: Pack v. Harper in the 1st round (I have Pack making it through, but I'm sure some folks will disagree.  This one will come down to who keeps his head and executes)

170: Brown v. Trefren semifinal (another good match-up, Snyder had a heck of a finals last week to knock off Trefren (avenging an early season loss) and set up this semifinal bout)

182: Castro v. Chaffee (looking forward to this battle, Castro will be a handful in this semifinal bout)

285: McWilliams v. Faulkner (2 beasts, but I've got the bus continuing to roll in this match-up.  That said, Faulkner is dangerous either will be a tough draw for someone at SS)

What about that 152 match up?

9 hours ago, MOWrestler said:

what about 145 Laplace and Banks? they wrestled over the summer and it was a pretty good match. Early this season they wrestled and Banks didnt look good or healthy at all. But hes been on a another level lately. Im excited to see that match. Same with Calhoun and Walker. Two studs but Calhoun is doing beyond excellent this year. 

4 hours ago, Cosgrove said:

What about that 152 match up?

Agreed this should be a good one.  I guess I give Calhoun a significant edge in this one.  That said, Walker is a stud.  I just have not seen him in person much this year, but that was definitely an oversight!  Again, one where these two guys make the finals easily.

3 hours ago, anymoues said:

what about 145 Laplace and Banks?

I think Banks is solid and he certainly took care of business at sectionals.  I just think LaPlace is on another level. You are right that this could be a great match.  I think LaPlace is easy in the finals, but I think the winner of Harper/Pack can give Banks a legit match.

• Sorry for the late reply! Got stuck watching awful 8th grade boys playing  3vs3 "Roundball" in class. I love how all 8th grade boys think they are the next Curry, Harden, Ball, etc. When none of them are over 5"8 or 150lbs dripping wet. Why cant I get the next Snyder, Burroughs, NaTo, IMAR, etc. Thats right, Got to love Indiana Basketball. When what I should be allowed to teach is the basic fundamental of the greatest sport on earth. Oh wait, I cant because of liability issues. I will stop my rant now and get to my breakdown of the Penn Regional.
  • I am calling it the TRIPLE CROWN OF HORSE RACING THIS WEEK. Sectionals was the tune up race Mishawaka (Lexington Stakes) and Plymouth (Tampa Bay Derby) for the Final Three Races of the year. Regionals (Kentucky Derby), Semi-State (Preakness), and State (Bellmont Stakes).

This should be a real tight Race with Three Jockeys looking for the Win, Penn (14), Wawasee (14), and Mishawaka  (12) all competing for the "Grand Daddy" at the end of the day a Regional Title! All race results will be in no particular order.

Lets Start with the 1st Race of the day:

Post Time 9:30am

106- Two great young horses looking to mix it up. Should be a great race with the winner setting themselves up nicely for the "Preakness" next weekend.

Jace Alexander- Wawasee 35-2

Andrew Sinkovics- Mishawaka 28-5

Hunter Boynton- Penn 14-7

Dominic Smith- Plymouth 26-9

Dark Horse Gate 15 Maxx Szucs Clay 24-11

Post-Time 9:45am

113- This will be a very interesting race but I think all four horse will come from the Lexington Stakes

Brendon Mark Mishawaka- 26-3

Evan Light Penn 24-9

Trevor Penrod Riley 25-5

David Hudson Washington 14-4

Dark Horse Gate 1- D'Angelo Shumpert Triton 29-4

Got to Get out of Gates Early

Hudson Washington vs Shumpert Triton

Penrod- Riley vs Romo Wawasee

Post Time 9:55am

120- Calling this race will be tight with only three real horses looking to reach the finish line first. Cant call it a photo finish but which horse will stand tall at the end. Setting themselves up for the Preakness next weekend!

Chris Schuller Wawasee- 28-2

Vince Sparrow Penn- 22-12

Alex Coleman- CMA 29-8

Todd Hardy- Washington 26-12

Post Time 10:10am'

126- Get those binoculars out and watch the finish of this race. Of the top three horses in this race anyone could win on any given day. Glad I paid top dollar to sit at the finish line for the weekend. Some Horse is setting themselves up at next weekends Preakness. The other three will have to find a way to workout of a tough gate next weekend. Remember these are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER! Granddaddy RACE OF THE DAY!

Joey Zahl Adams 23-8

Zane DeVault Plymouth 35-4

Tanner DeMien Penn 25-7

Braxton Alexander Wawasee 34-2

Dark Horse Lane 12

Dawson Leed LaVille 23-3

Out of the Gate

Zahl Adans vs Leed LaVille

Post Time 10:20am

132- This is a two horse race from what I have seen this year. Two "Studs" have set themselves apart. Need to battle tough anything can happen!

Germia Brooks- Wawasee 31-2

Manzona Bryant- CMA 29-0

Gabe Weeks- Mishawaka 26-5

Logan Hill- 26-9

Dark Horse Gate 1

Nate Riggin Triton 30-5

Out of Gate

Riggin Triton vs Hill Penn

Post Time 10:30

138- The 5th race of the day here at the Derby is another interesting race. If I was a betting man (which Im not) I would bet a trifecta on this race, with the top three horses setting themselves apart from the field. But a young horse may surprise some people in this race. Dont think he has enough to place top 3.

Adam Davis CMA 33-0

Preston Risner Penn 26-8

Garrett Stuckman Wawasee 30-6

Drew Mason Mishawaka 18-13

Dark Horse Gate 2 

Nick Felke LaVille 24-2

Out of the Gate

Mason Mishawaka vs Felke LaVille

Post Time 10:40am

145- This is really a one horse field. This horse has stood out all year long. I would take the bet on this horse winning the race and play the odds. The other three horses will be looking for places 2-4. 

Jacob LaPlace- Mishawaka 33-3

Gavin Banks Plymouth 31-8

Isaiah Faroute- Wawasee 18-12

Jeffery Harper Penn 24-9

Dark Horse Gate 4

Elijah Peck CMA 30-6

OUT OF THE GATE

Harper Penn vs Peck CMA

Post Time 10:50am

152- I am a betting man here and will take the parlay here. These three horses will be in a race till the end.  It might not be a photo finish but it will be tight till the end. 

Graham Calhoun- Plymouth 39-0

Aaron Brooke- CMA 27-1

Joe Walker- Mishawaka 24-9

Jeremy Williams- Washington 27-7

Post Time 11:00 am

160- This is a very intriguing race from top to bottom. All of these horses have big wins but also have losses to one another. This race will come down to stamina and technique. Who will be in the top four is the question. I will say that all four horses will come out of the Lexington Race!

Donya Harris- Washington 27-10

Ben Kensinger- Mishawaka 2-9

David Sheley- Riley 37-10

Colin Wilson Penn 16-9

Out of the Gate

Gabe Hissong CMA VS Donya Harris Washington

Dylan Deadmon Bremen vs Colin Wilson Penn

Post Time 11:10am

170- The 10th race of the day is wide open. I think I'll grab my mint julep and sit back and watch, which one of these 4 horses want to break away from the field and end upon top. Pretty sure three of the spots will come from the Tampa Bay Derby.

Noah Brown Penn 25-6

Jacob Trefren CMA 29-2

James Snyder Triton 30-4

Xavier Ortiz- Wawasee 22-7

Out of the Gates

Tecory Gordon Clay vs Xavier Ortiz Wawasee

Post Time 11:20am

182- Whichever horse comes out on top here will set themselves up with a great starting gate next week at the Preakness. Those that finish 2-4 will have a lot of work to do to make it to Bellmont. This race could also have great implications on the team race as well.

Max Chaffee- Penn 19-1

Michael Boland- CMA 19-0

Blake Davis- Plymouth 17-7

Alex Castro- Wawasee 32-4

Dark Horses

Cody Timmerman Mishawaka 19-14

Out of the Gates

Blake Davis Plymouth vs Cody Timmerman Mishawaka

Post Time 11:30 am

195- A deep weight class here and a stumble out of the gate could lead you down a path of no return head to head with a real Triple Crown Winner  (Davidson).  Want to start strong and finish strong! Lexington Stake Race prepared these four horses to move on.

Rockne Hurley Penn 22-4

Jonathon Thomas Adams 33-6

Garrett Sandefer Mishawaka 14-4

Aaron Williamnowski- St Joe 30-8

Post Time 11:30

220- A good horse got a bad draw and is going home early.  This will have implications on the team race, a good post for next weekend.

NAte LaFree Plymouth 34-3

Casey Conery- St Joe 7-5

Adam Berta Penn 27-5

Anthony Hatter LaVille 23-2

Dark Horse

Joe Kuhl CMA 24-7

OUT OF THE GATE

Berta Penn vs Kuhl CMA

Perish Wawasee vs Conery ST. JOE

Post Time 11:40 am

285- Down to the last race of the day, final post of the afternoon. Its been a long day and I hope everyone sticks around for a great race of upperclassman horses.  Two horses have never lost a race this year who is going to leave with the title. The top 4 horses only have 9 losses combined on the year. 

Isaiah McWilliams Washington 38-0

Elisha Tipping Wawasee 29-2

Alex Faulkner Mishawaka 29-7

Alex Cartwright Laville 25-0

Dark Horse

Yehezquel DeVault Penn 24-15

OUT OF THE GATES

DeVault Penn vs Tipping Wawasee

First of all I do not condone gambling in anyway shape or form. Thought it would be fun to reference the great wrestling we have up north. Hope everyone enjoys. And if you do not like my predictions on things so be it. I am not perfect or a rankings guy. Please prove me wrong! Looking forward to the Regional this weekend.

1.  Penn/Mishawaka/Wawasee/Culver Academy - one or two of these teams are going to wreck the day for the others.

2.  Don't even refer to win/loss records at this point...many guys with better records will get beat Saturday.

3.  Seven weights may have favorites to win - the other seven will be decided by heart.  Great balance.

4.  It's possible that Penn/Mishawaka/Wawasee/Culver could come away with 3 Champs each?  Again great balance this year.

5.  As cliche as it is..."who is peaking at the right time"?

6.  Team Race....Who plays the spoiler....and who's day gets spoiled?

7.  New Venue at the Palace...will only guarantee one thing.  It is going to be a great day of wrestling that you don't want to miss!

1 hour ago, crosstownrivals said:
  •  

152- I am a betting man here and will take the parlay here. These three horses will be in a race till the end.  It might not be a photo finish but it will be tight till the end. 

Aaron Brooke- CMA 27-1

Graham Calhoun will dust Aaron Brooke in the finals if Brooke beats Walker (which I'd bet my life he wont). Brooke is tough but that match up was not even close at sectionals and Walker is a little out of his league. Walker will be in the finals with Calhoun and Calhoun will win 9-3 is my bet. 

1 hour ago, crosstownrivals said:

4 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:
  • Sorry for the late reply! Got stuck watching awful 8th grade boys playing  3vs3 "Roundball" in class. I love how all 8th grade boys think they are the next Curry, Harden, Ball, etc. When none of them are over 5"8 or 150lbs dripping wet. Why cant I get the next Snyder, Burroughs, NaTo, IMAR, etc. Thats right, Got to love Indiana Basketball. When what I should be allowed to teach is the basic fundamental of the greatest sport on earth. Oh wait, I cant because of liability issues. I will stop my rant now and get to my breakdown of the Penn Regional.
  • I am calling it the TRIPLE CROWN OF HORSE RACING THIS WEEK. Sectionals was the tune up race Mishawaka (Lexington Stakes) and Plymouth (Tampa Bay Derby) for the Final Three Races of the year. Regionals (Kentucky Derby), Semi-State (Preakness), and State (Bellmont Stakes).

This should be a real tight Race with Three Jockeys looking for the Win, Penn (14), Wawasee (14), and Mishawaka  (12) all competing for the "Grand Daddy" at the end of the day a Regional Title! All race results will be in no particular order.

106- Two great young horses looking to mix it up. Should be a great race with the winner setting themselves up nicely for the "Preakness" next weekend.

113- This will be a very interesting race but I think all four horse will come from the Lexington Stakes

Evan Light Penn 24-9

Trevor Penrod Riley 25-5

120- Calling this race will be tight with only three real horses looking to reach the finish line first. Cant call it a photo finish but which horse will stand tall at the end. Setting themselves up for the Preakness next weekend!

Alex Coleman- CMA 29-8

126- Get those binoculars out and watch the finish of this race. Of the top three horses in this race anyone could win on any given day. Glad I paid top dollar to sit at the finish line for the weekend. Some Horse is setting themselves up at next weekends Preakness. The other three will have to find a way to workout of a tough gate next weekend. Remember these are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER! Granddaddy RACE OF THE DAY!

Joey Zahl Adams 23-8

Tanner DeMien Penn 25-7

Dark Horse Lane 12

Dawson Leed LaVille 23-3

Out of the Gate

132- This is a two horse race from what I have seen this year. Two "Studs" have set themselves apart. Need to battle tough anything can happen!

Manzona Bryant- CMA 29-0

Logan Hill- 26-9

Dark Horse Gate 1

Nate Riggin Triton 30-5

Out of Gate

138- The 5th race of the day here at the Derby is another interesting race. If I was a betting man (which Im not) I would bet a trifecta on this race, with the top three horses setting themselves apart from the field. But a young horse may surprise some people in this race. Dont think he has enough to place top 3.

Adam Davis CMA 33-0

Preston Risner Penn 26-8

Dark Horse Gate 2 

Nick Felke LaVille 24-2

Out of the Gate

145- This is really a one horse field. This horse has stood out all year long. I would take the bet on this horse winning the race and play the odds. The other three horses will be looking for places 2-4. 

Jeffery Harper Penn 24-9

Dark Horse Gate 4

Elijah Peck CMA 30-6

OUT OF THE GATE

Harper Penn vs Peck CMA

Aaron Brooke- CMA 27-1

160- This is a very intriguing race from top to bottom. All of these horses have big wins but also have losses to one another. This race will come down to stamina and technique. Who will be in the top four is the question. I will say that all four horses will come out of the Lexington Race!

Colin Wilson Penn 16-9

Out of the Gate

170- The 10th race of the day is wide open. I think I'll grab my mint julep and sit back and watch, which one of these 4 horses want to break away from the field and end upon top. Pretty sure three of the spots will come from the Tampa Bay Derby.

Noah Brown Penn 25-6

Jacob Trefren CMA 29-2

James Snyder Triton 30-4

Out of the Gates

182- Whichever horse comes out on top here will set themselves up with a great starting gate next week at the Preakness. Those that finish 2-4 will have a lot of work to do to make it to Bellmont. This race could also have great implications on the team race as well.

Max Chaffee- Penn 19-1

Michael Boland- CMA 19-0

Dark Horses

Out of the Gates

195- A deep weight class here and a stumble out of the gate could lead you down a path of no return head to head with a real Triple Crown Winner  (Davidson).  Want to start strong and finish strong! Lexington Stake Race prepared these four horses to move on.

Rockne Hurley Penn 22-4

220- A good horse got a bad draw and is going home early.  This will have implications on the team race, a good post for next weekend.

Casey Conery- St Joe 7-5

Adam Berta Penn 27-5

Dark Horse

Joe Kuhl CMA 24-7

OUT OF THE GATE

Berta Penn vs Kuhl CMA

285- Down to the last race of the day, final post of the afternoon. Its been a long day and I hope everyone sticks around for a great race of upperclassman horses.  Two horses have never lost a race this year who is going to leave with the title. The top 4 horses only have 9 losses combined on the year. 

Dark Horse

OUT OF THE GATES

First of all I do not condone gambling in anyway shape or form. Thought it would be fun to reference the great wrestling we have up north. Hope everyone enjoys. And if you do not like my predictions on things so be it. I am not perfect or a rankings guy. Please prove me wrong! Looking forward to the Regional this weekend.

Well done, way to add two other sports into your analysis so smoothly. Very entertaining read.

4 hours ago, crosstownrivals said:

Evan Light Penn 24-9

Trevor Penrod Riley 25-5

Alex Coleman- CMA 29-8

Joey Zahl Adams 23-8

Tanner DeMien Penn 25-7

Dark Horse Lane 12

Dawson Leed LaVille 23-3

Out of the Gate

Manzona Bryant- CMA 29-0

Logan Hill- 26-9

Dark Horse Gate 1

Nate Riggin Triton 30-5

Out of Gate

Adam Davis CMA 33-0

Preston Risner Penn 26-8

Dark Horse Gate 2 

Nick Felke LaVille 24-2

Out of the Gate

Jeffery Harper Penn 24-9

Dark Horse Gate 4

Elijah Peck CMA 30-6

OUT OF THE GATE

Harper Penn vs Peck CMA

Aaron Brooke- CMA 27-1

Colin Wilson Penn 16-9

Out of the Gate

Noah Brown Penn 25-6

Jacob Trefren CMA 29-2

James Snyder Triton 30-4

Out of the Gates

Max Chaffee- Penn 19-1

Michael Boland- CMA 19-0

Dark Horses

Out of the Gates

Rockne Hurley Penn 22-4

Casey Conery- St Joe 7-5

Adam Berta Penn 27-5

Dark Horse

Joe Kuhl CMA 24-7

OUT OF THE GATE

Berta Penn vs Kuhl CMA

Dark Horse

OUT OF THE GATES

Nice job and this a great break down. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.