Sign in to follow this  
Coach Brown

Legal or Not??

17 hours ago, Coach Brown said:

What is the rule for approved singlets during IHSAA State Series?? I will upload a pic of what I seen, I am trying to figure out how to crop the photo to delete the kid's face. 

Coach email me the photo and I can do the cropping for ya and throw it up for ya wiesjahnn@gmail.com

I mean its technically against the rules....but I mean I wouldnt make a big deal about it 

SECTION 1 WRESTLERS’ UNIFORM ART. 1 . . . A legal uniform consists of: a. a one-piece singlet cut no lower in the back or front than the level of the armpits and under the arms no lower than one-half the distance between the armpit and the belt line. The one-piece singlet may be worn with full-length tights with stirrups. Any other undergarment worn under the one-piece singlet which extends beyond the inseam shall be tight-fitting, a single solid color, unadorned and shall not extend below the knee. The one-piece singlet shall be school-issued.

NFHS. 2017-18 NFHS Wrestling Rules Book (Kindle Locations 233-238). NFHS. Kindle Edition. 

if the school issued it thannnnnn

tommy cash wore a singlet for championship a few years ago that $$$$$ all over it and maybe even his last name on it in several places.  I have no idea if the school issued it but he did not seem to have any problem from any ref's for wearing it.  I am sure they just figured he is a great kid and its not something outlandish so why worry about it.

Edited by JMILL

4 hours ago, MattM said:

My house supports Indianamat. I support the purchase of any product they produce. I will be disappointed if this singlet isn’t under the lights. But I am sure it is totally illegal 

7 hours ago, dwise said:

What about the ones that look like practice gear that Zionsville wears?

I think you missed another posting... search New Uniforms or Fight short/shirt and you will find a wealth of information on the topic:)

3 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

My house supports Indianamat. I support the purchase of any product they produce. I will be disappointed if this singlet isn’t under the lights. But I am sure it is totally illegal 

I agree it is totally illegal (even if there is a school with the those colors) to say the school "issued it" would be a stretch.  I have no idea who wore it, but as far as I am concerned if you are going to wear something like that the you'd better be under the lights and you'd better dominate.

While I understand your support of My House, not sure I'd like to see this one: https://www.myhousesportsgear.com/wrestling/men/men-singlets/myhouse-you-wanna-pizza-me-singlet.html

10 hours ago, MOWrestler said:

I agree it is totally illegal (even if there is a school with the those colors) to say the school "issued it" would be a stretch.  I have no idea who wore it, but as far as I am concerned if you are going to wear something like that the you'd better be under the lights and you'd better dominate.

While I understand your support of My House, not sure I'd like to see this one: https://www.myhousesportsgear.com/wrestling/men/men-singlets/myhouse-you-wanna-pizza-me-singlet.html

That is great 

I know my opinion doesn’t trump a rule, but I say as long as the school is fine with the kid wearing a school affiliated singlet and as long as it is not offensive/inappropriate, then I say let them wear the singlet. Nothing wrong with having some charisma. Same reason I enjoy the custom designed headgears.

1 hour ago, dad2cash said:

Just for the record and I don't know if it even mattered but Tommy's singlet still had Lawrence North on it. 

Just for the record if someone is in the state finals they can pretty much do whatever they want so Tommy's cool.

1 hour ago, dad2cash said:

Just for the record and I don't know if it even mattered but Tommy's singlet still had Lawrence North on it. 

then I guess that answers the questions above if it was school issued.  Tommy is a great kid and I loved the singlet !!!  Thanks for responding

Back when Daniel Young won the state title for CMA we made a special singlet for him to wear.  His brother had won from Bloomington South with a singlet that had an 'S' like superman.  We modified the 'C-ulver' to fit inside a superman logo.  It was in school colors and school issued.

I think having a unique finals singlet is cool.  However, I don't think kids should just wear whatever strikes their fancy.  I'm pretty sure that's why the rule states: School issued.  That way the school (who the kid is representing) has some say in what they think is appropriate.

What is the deal with the illegal kneepad sleeve talk? I watched wrestlers this past weekend wearing them but I heard they were illegal. Is there a final verdict on them?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.