Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Y2CJ41

Regional Brackets: 1. Hobart | 9 am CT

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Region sports will be broadcasting on site. If you watched the Griffith sectional final you saw a great match with Triana and peele. I would guess this will be the final again. 

What are the other possible finals? 

106 Moran v Cruz

113 Hegedus v Gosa/Russi

120 Peele v Triana

126 Poynter v Mora-Diaz

132 Luna v Rodriguez 

138 Rumph v Ursery

145 Mcintosh v Cervantes/Turley

152 Washington Jr v Griggs/Hunter

160 Hoover/Snook v Colza V

170 Fattore v Crary/ Guererro 

182 Lockett v Torres

195 Bondon v Fowler

220 Streck v Thomas/Swoopes

285 Atria v Beehn

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

solid picks there should be a lot of really good semis. 

106- 

rematch from the DAC where it was a tale of 2 matches. Moran with the win dominated Early. Cruz showed that he never quits and came on strong at the end. 

113- 

gosa wrestled Russi early in the season with gosa won 8-7. He missed a sometime and russi looked tough in the finals against hegedus who has looked great winning DAC. 

120- 

I expect a rematch of the Griffith sectional final between Brock peele and Tylor Trina. This match needs no hype watch Saturday broadcast. I hope this is rd 2 of 4 with the finals being at the bank. 

126-

A show down of sectional champions daniel mora Diaz who was a lake county champ will look to knock off highly ranked and returning medalist Colin poynter. 

132- 

reese Rodriguez returning from injury has been tested and passed so far the 2x state qualifiers is the favorite. The winner of the Alec Luna vs Jacob Maldonado semi should be a nice test for Reese 

138- 

Kris rumph looks to be firing on all cylinders. Which should frighten the 138 weight class. Ursey from merrillville is a lake county champ and has the ability to make a run to the medal stand. 

145-

#1 kasper McIntosh is “on a mission” he has been lights out this year. He is looking to finish his impressive career with a blue medal. Cole Cervantes had a huge win in the semis Saturday which should give him a good shot at the finals. 

152- 

i will be looking forward to a pair of DAC champs squaring off for a possible title. Dj Washington has done nothing but impress in his debut season in Indiana. Aaron griggs will have a rematch of the lake county finals in the semis with hobarts Mikey hunter. If Griggs wins there could be a rematch of a Early season match in which Washington took a 6-5 win. Griggs is dangerous and should be medal chasing In Indy

160- 

state ranked Dante colza has had some tight one in the post season so far. But he wins the tight ones. Colza could have a rematch with last years 152 regional champ Zach nugent. Colza was a OT winner in the semis Saturday. The other possible semi between Calumets Cody snook and Malik Hoover should be a great match also. Maybe one of the deeper weights. 

170-

it will be the zack fattore show. He is the only undefeated wrestler in the field and it is well deserved. He is looking to finish his career under the lights at the bank. Standing in his way will be two seniors looking to finish their great careers in the parade of champions. Cody Crary munster and portage drake Guerrero. 

182-

another very deep weight class. A trio of state qualifiers headline this weight Jeremy Torres took care of business at the sectional defeating Bradley Grover putting him in a bracket with merrillville ranked t-lock who defeat him at lake county. Torres and Lockett have had nice rivalry this year with Lockett winning two tight brawls. Don’t sleep on gavits Washington he gave Lockett all he wanted at the sectional. 

195- 

a handful of great athletes head line this weight Erion Hogan defeated Dennis Watson in finals of ec so set up a possible semi final with calumets AJ Fowler. While Fowler wasn’t upset Saturday a lot of people expected a shoot out with portage Jacob Bondon Before Bondon scores the fall. Bondon has been on fire the second half of the season a popular dark horse pick to make a deep run in Indy. 

220- 

3 of the top 4 at 220 will be closely contested. Chester swopes took care of business Saturday setting up a possible semi with munster Caleb Thomas. Brandon streck a medalist at 285 is down a weight and should be a heavy favorite. Streck has his sights set on Indy and a possible date with #1 nationally ranked mason parris. He shouldn’t look past calumet grinder James Lewis. The top 4 will be a handful at EC for any other regional. 

285- 

merrillville lake county champ Anthony Atria is the favorite. He has had a impressive first season in the varsity line up. He is wrestling Inspired. The other sectional champion had to weight for his opportunity as Ricky Beehn was a 3 year back up but is looking to make a huge impact in his final run. Calumet Martin should challenge atria in the semis. 

 

This should be a great day of wrestling. I am a better talker then writer. Hopefully I didn’t butcher this too much. I am excited to see how Hobart runs this I know they will do a great job. 

Edited by ontherise219

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

solid picks there should be a lot of really good semis. 

106- 

rematch from the DAC where it was a tale of 2 matches. Moran with the win dominated Early. Cruz showed that he never quits and came on strong at the end. 

113- 

gosa wrestled Russi early in the season with gosa won 8-7. He missed a sometime and russi looked tough in the finals against hegedus who has looked great winning DAC. 

120- 

I expect a rematch of the Griffith sectional final between Brock peele and Tylor Trina. This match needs no hype watch Saturday broadcast. I hope this is rd 2 of 4 with the finals being at the bank. 

126-

A show down of sectional champions daniel mora Diaz who was a lake county champ will look to knock off highly ranked and returning medalist Colin poynter. 

132- 

reese Rodriguez returning from injury has been tested and passed so far the 2x state qualifiers is the favorite. The winner of the Alec Luna vs Jacob Maldonado semi should be a nice test for Reese 

138- 

Kris rumph looks to be firing on all cylinders. Which should frighten the 138 weight class. Ursey from merrillville is a lake county champ and has the ability to make a run to the medal stand. 

145-

#1 kasper McIntosh is “on a mission” he has been lights out this year. He is looking to finish his impressive career with a blue medal. Cole Cervantes had a huge win in the semis Saturday which should give him a good shot at the finals. 

152- 

i will be looking forward to a pair of DAC champs squaring off for a possible title. Dj Washington has done nothing but impress in his debut season in Indiana. Aaron griggs will have a rematch of the lake county finals in the semis with hobarts Mikey hunter. If Griggs wins there could be a rematch of a Early season match in which Washington took a 6-5 win. Griggs is dangerous and should be medal chasing In Indy

160- 

state ranked Dante colza has had some tight one in the post season so far. But he wins the tight ones. Colza could have a rematch with last years 152 regional champ Zach nugent. Colza was a OT winner in the semis Saturday. The other possible semi between Calumets Cody snook and Malik Hoover should be a great match also. Maybe one of the deeper weights. 

170-

it will be the zack fattore show. He is the only undefeated wrestler in the field and it is well deserved. He is looking to finish his career under the lights at the bank. Standing in his way will be two seniors looking to finish their great careers in the parade of champions. Cody Crary munster and portage drake Guerrero. 

182-

another very deep weight class. A trio of state qualifiers headline this weight Jeremy Torres took care of business at the sectional defeating Bradley Grover putting him in a bracket with merrillville ranked t-lock who defeat him at lake county. Torres and Lockett have had nice rivalry this year with Lockett winning two tight brawls. Don’t sleep on gavits Washington he gave Lockett all he wanted at the sectional. 

195- 

a handful of great athletes head line this weight Erion Hogan defeated Dennis Watson in finals of ec so set up a possible semi final with calumets AJ Fowler. While Fowler wasn’t upset Saturday a lot of people expected a shoot out with portage Jacob Bondon Before Bondon scores the fall. Bondon has been on fire the second half of the season a popular dark horse pick to make a deep run in Indy. 

220- 

3 of the top 4 at 220 will be closely contested. Chester swopes took care of business Saturday setting up a possible semi with munster Caleb Thomas. Brandon streck a medalist at 285 is down a weight and should be a heavy favorite. Streck has his sights set on Indy and a possible date with #1 nationally ranked mason parris. He shouldn’t look past calumet grinder James Lewis. The top 4 will be a handful at EC for any other regional. 

285- 

merrillville lake county champ Anthony Atria is the favorite. He has had a impressive first season in the varsity line up. He is wrestling Inspired. The other sectional champion had to weight for his opportunity as Ricky Beehn was a 3 year back up but is looking to make a huge impact in his final run. Calumet Martin should challenge atria in the semis. 

 

This should be a great day of wrestling. I am a better talker then writer. Hopefully I didn’t butcher this to much. I am excited to see how Hobart runs this I know they will do a great job. 

*too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

If one of the Maldonado brothers edited and I only had one mistake then I lucked out 

I figured I would help you out before Bob really got on you, he is a stickler for grammar and punctuation. Especially the use of your and you're!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 4 Predictions

 

106

Jacob Moran

Martin Cruz

Mark Rodriguez

Alexander Dominquez

 

113

Ricky Hegedus

Andres Russi

Derick Gosa

Juan Maldonado

 

120

Tylor Triana

Brock Peele

Ebrardo Azpeitia

Pablo Russi

 

126

Colin Poynter

Daniel Mora-Diaz

Nathan Schammert

Dylan LeNeave

 

132

Reese Rodriguez

Alec Luna

Jacob Maldonado

Quentin Gomez

 

138

Kris Rumph

Ahzsur Ursery

Zachary Yost

Isaiah Watts

 

145

Kasper Mcintosh

Cole Cervantes

Tyler Turley

Devin Pope

 

152

Washington Jr.

Aaron Griggs

Michael Hunter

Alex Lopez

 

160

Dante Colza V

Malik Hoover

Zach Nugent

Cody Snook

 

170

Zack Fattore

Cody Crary

Drake Guerrero

Marvin Pyle

 

182

Tyjonn Lockett

Jeremy Torres

Bradley Groover

Jamari Washington

 

195

Jacob Bondon

Arthur Fowler

Erion Hogan

Dennis Weston
 

220

Brandon Streck

Caleb Thomas

Chester Swoopes

James Lewis

 

285

Anthony Atria

Ricky Beehn

Keiloun Martin

Myles Mitchell

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruz and Moran put up 28 points at the DAC if my sources are correct. That could be another exciting shootout.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BigBruda said:

Griggs vs Washington could be a tight one... 6-5 was the score of their last meeting.

Although Merrillville always has there boys peaking for the state tourney series and Griggs is wrestling well, Washington is looking like he did at the Harvest Classic right now, straight dominating fashion.  Plus, I think Washington was sick their last meeting, he did not look like himself.

17 hours ago, BigBruda said:

Cruz and Moran put up 28 points at the DAC if my sources are correct. That could be another exciting shootout.

 

 

 

I hope that Cruz can make this a closer match, Moran controlled the first two periods than looked to either let up, get lazy or got tired to let Cruz come back in the 3rd.  This is why the score was closer. I will say Cruz never gives up, he goes hard all 6 minutes regardless of the score and who he is wrestling, point-regionals final last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106-Moran, Cruz, Rodriguez, Dominguez
113-Hegedus, Russi, Gosa, Maldonado
120-Triana, Peele, Azpeitia, Pejovski
126-Poynter, Mora-Diaz, Schammert, LeNeave
132-Rodriguez, Maldonado, Luna, Gomez
138-Rumph, Ursery, Watts, Tyrka
145-Mcintosh, Cervantes, Turley, Pope
152-Washington, Griggs, Hunter, Tirado
160-Colza, Hoover, Snook, Nugent
170-Fattore, Crary, Guerrero, Streck
182-Washington, Lockett, Torres, Groover
195-Fowler, Bondon, Weston, Hogan
220-Sreck, Perez, Swopes, Lewis
285-Atria, Beehn, Mitchell, Martin

Portage will win team title with 5 champs followed by Merrillville and Hobart in a tight race for 2nd. 4 to 6 State titles coming from this region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sig40 said:

4 to 6 State titles coming from this region.

 

I'm as big a Region fan as you will find outside of Da Rat.  I don't see how you get to 4, much less 6.

I'd set the Over/Under at 2.5 and take the Under.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 minutes ago, RegionRoyalty said:

 

I'm as big a Region fan as you will find outside of Da Rat.  I don't see how you get to 4, much less 6.

I'd set the Over/Under at 2.5 and take the Under.

My guess is he feels 4 at 106, 120, 145, 170

2 at 126, 138

126 obviously can be anyone based off the depth, but poynter is definitely a contender

This is no disrepect, just observatory, but I sure hope Portage can bring home some titles, they have had a tendency in years past struggling at Bankers, they could possibly bring home 4 this year, Washington is really good but lets be honest, B.Lee is in his path to a title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, indianmorg said:

 

My guess is he feels 4 at 106, 120, 145, 170

2 at 126, 138

126 obviously can be anyone based off the depth, but poynter is definitely a contender

This is no disrepect, just observatory, but I sure hope Portage can bring home some titles, they have had a tendency in years past struggling at Bankers, they could possibly bring home 4 this year, Washington is really good but lets be honest, B.Lee is in his path to a title

You hit it on the head.126 and 138 are the outside title contenders.I think 106, 145, and 170 have a really good chance for titles.  120 could be Triana or Peele if they wrestle to there abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, indianmorg said:

 

My guess is he feels 4 at 106, 120, 145, 170

2 at 126, 138

126 obviously can be anyone based off the depth, but poynter is definitely a contender

This is no disrepect, just observatory, but I sure hope Portage can bring home some titles, they have had a tendency in years past struggling at Bankers, they could possibly bring home 4 this year, Washington is really good but lets be honest, B.Lee is in his path to a title

They win 4 they win state as a team hands down... I can see the possibility but...

I don't see them winning 4 though, I can maybe see 2.

The region COULD bring home a lot of gold if everything goes our way...Kids that have a shot 

106-Moran has a good shot, Lets not forget, he hasn't wrestled in the state tourney since his freshman year...Anything can happen down there, we know that.

113-Moreno and Diaz both have potential to win it.

120-Triana and peele also have the potential to win it.

126-Poynter if he wrestles to his potential

138-Rumph could find his way back to the finals...38 has some kids from the south as well

145-McIntosh could also find his way but there are some studs from down south

152-Who wants 2nd place?...Washington could shock the world and give BLee his 2nd loss... ;)

160- Kasch, Lemley, Colza...all have state expierence

170-Fattore if he keeps doing what hes doing, Warren and brewer could be a close one for him

195-Davison, who is gonna stop this beast?

220- Who wants 2nd place?

285-Pokorney, I have the feeling that we will see the state finals match at ECC SS.

 

I am going out on a Limb and the region takes home 5 gold...What is the regions record for state champs?

 

Edited by brickfor6
Fixin it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.