Moorseville Regional Talk

TeamGarcia

Can't wait to see this regionals heavyweights. I saw on another thread that, "it's too bad that two kids who would most likely make it to State will be done on Saturday" This weigjt class is a meatgrinder in Mooresville.

106- Montgomery over dalton

113- Peyton over Conley (first round match between Overton/Johnson will be tough)

120-dang. Tough to call. Campbell over Boe. But all those two and rioux and fuqua could win it. 

126-Garcia over mills. (Cox and gee tough first match) Denny sneaks behind Garcia and mills all the way to state?

132-Avon sectionals sweep all four

138-miranda over mulkey. And Campbell from BD advances. 

145-Conley over pruett 

152-lee over Schrader 

160-mappes over osho. 

170-uhhhh... Willham, Carson, hays, and brewer advance. But TJP could pull an upset. 

182-Walton over conde 

195-glaze over stine

220-good to see Hammond back in business!! Hammond over Aiken. 

285- another tough one.  Comer has been on a roll lately. Petersen vs Mccubbins second round will be a crazy match. Comer wins first match with ease. All other first round matches will be close. I’ll take ?? Idk. Peterson!

Tough Regional.

Finals Predictions:

106 Montgomery over Dalton

113 Conley over Petro

120 Rioux over Campbell

126 Garcia over Mills

132 Kreitzer over Reynolds

138 Miranda over Mulkey

145 Conley over Preutt

152 Lee over Schrader - 1st, most sure of

160 Mappes over Osho

170 Brewer over Willham

182 Walton over Conde - 2nd, most sure of

195 Spears over Stine

220 Hammond over Aiken

285 Peterson over Corner - 3rd, most sure of

Brownsburg wins Avon second. 

Good luck to all of the wrestlers competing Saturday. It is such a great sport. Fun to cheer for the wrestlers. 

My thoughts overall: Great Regional, obviously the best with great top talent and tons of depth! I honestly don't think it's close. Below are my predictions:

106: Montgomery (BB), Dalton (MONR), Allen (PL) and Bechert (FRKL) Good chance for 2-3 of these guys to get to the bank depending on draws.

113: Petro (CG), Conley (AV), Overton (GW), Carrington (GC). One of the more intriguing matchups for the title here. I'm not as tapped in as I used to be so I'm not sure if Avon and Center Grove have seen each other at all this year, but my gut tells me to take the Junior over the Freshman. Could definitely see it flipping though. Conley is tough!

120: Boe (DV), Campbell (BB), Rioux (AV), and Fuqua (FRKL) Super deep weight here, any of the top three could be interchangeable. 

126: Garcia (AV), Mills (BB), Denny (MONR), and Cox (MRSVL). Another awesome weight here. Probably six kids that could be regional champs in a different scenario. Alas, only 4 move on. I like Garcia to avenge his loss from Sectionals in the final and Denny to hold off Cox in another final rematch (those two have wrestled nearly as many times as Garcia and Mills dating back to their Freshman year).

132: Kreitzer (BB), Reynolds (AV), Burdon (PL) and Galvin (DC). Avon sectional might sweep this weight, but I think the raw strength and just plain awkwardness that Galvin has will best Weddle in one of the best opening round match-ups of the day!

138: Mulkey (BB), Miranda (AV), Campbell (BD), Clark (MONR). The Mooresville Sectional may have cost themselves more spots at Semi-State with a couple Sectional Upsets. McGowen losing in the quarterfinals cost him a winnable match at Regionals, even though he wrestled to 3rd and I was shocked to see King lose to Clark in the final. Good on Austin for making the leaps he needs to! I think he's Semi-State bound because of it.

145: Conley (AV), Pruett (CG), Asbury (BB), Hudson (CASC). I think this is another tough one to call. Pruett v Asbury will be a doozy in the semis but Peyton has to beat a tough as nails Dexter Grubb in the opening round first, so the nod goes to Pruett. I like the Senior Hudson to beat the Freshman from Plainfield because he'll be fighting for his career. Cascade is a program on the rise! (Just what Hendricks County needs, right?)

152: Lee (BB), Schrader (GW), Craig (MRSVL), Reynolds (AV). Part of this is biased, I'll admit. I coached Craig for years and just want him to succeed. He may not be able to beat Reynolds if they match up, but he's a kid you just have to root for. Obviously, Lee runs away with this one. 

160: Mappes (CG), Osho (AV), Thomas (GC), Schubert (DV). Mappes wins this one, but it may be a little tighter than expected. Osho has some great defense. Thomas is very dangerous as well!

170: Brewer (AV), Willham (GW), Hays (CG), Carson (DV). Wow! Stacked up and I had trouble picking here. Willham is out of his mind good right now, but I don't know if he can beat Brewer. Hays v Carson ( or TJB v Carson) will be a great matchup as well!

182: Walton (BB), Conde (AV), Dodson (MRTVL), Byrd (CG). Could be a couple first round "upsets" here and I could see Dodson beating Conde if he gets a few breaks.

195: Stine (MRTVL), Spears (PL), Whitney (MONR), Frank (AV). This is probably the weakest weight of the regional and I think Stine wins it with few problems. I honestly don't know how the other first round matches are going to go. 

220: Hammond (WL), Aiken (BB), Williams (AV), Walker (MRTVL). Another tough one to pick. I think I have the right guys in the right matches, just unsure of the winners of the championship and the 3rd place bouts. Hammond is tough as nails, but hasn't really been pushed often this season. We'll see if the schedule pays off for Aiken.

285: Peterson (BB), Comer (MRSVL), McCubbins (MONR), Cheam (FRKL). Wow! I think Peterson and Comer are definitely getting through to Semi-State, whether or not they make it to each other in the final is very much in doubt though. McCubbins will pose a great threat to Peterson in the semi-finals, assuming he gets past Curtis in the opener and EITHER Cheam or Biddle have both beaten Comer earlier this year, so there's definitely parity here. I could see all 4 who get through here making it to state if the draws are good. Best Heavyweight Regional in the state for sure!

Team Race: Brownsburg, Avon, Center Grove, Monrovia, Mooresville, Franklin. Probably in that order though the last 3 could be interchangable and Greenwood could sneak into the top 5 as could Martinsville.

Just in case this was missed in the other Mooresville topic — 

STATE RANKED -- 36 wrestlers

SEMI-STATE RANKED -- 2 additional wrestlers

STATE FINALS EXPERIENCE -- 15 wrestlers

State #4 Kysen Montgomery, Brownsburg, Freshman

State #8 Ben Dalton, Monrovia, Freshman

State #15 Cameron Allen, Plainfield, Freshman

State #11 Tyler Conley, Avon, Freshman

State #12 Alex Petro, Center Grove, Junior -- 2017 Qualifier at 113

State #7 Drake Campbell, Brownsburg, Sophomore -- 2017 5th at 106

State #9 Ray Rioux, Avon, Sophomore -- 2017 6th at 106

State #12 Logan Boe, Danville, Sophomore -- 2017 8th at 106

Semi #5 (113) Tyler Fuqua, Franklin, Freshman

State #1 Asa Garcia, Avon, Junior -- 2017 3rd at 113 & 2016 State Champ at 106

State #6 Ty Mills, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 2nd at 120 & 2016 3rd at 106 & 2015 2nd at 106

State #12 Brycen Denny, Monrovia, Senior -- 2016 Qualifier at 106

State #6 Drew Kreitzer, Brownsburg, Junior

State #20 Jaden Reynolds, Avon, Freshman

State #2 Blake Mulkey, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 2nd at 126 & 2016 3rd at 120

State #12 Mason Miranda, Avon, Senior -- 2015 Qualifier at 106

State #11 Nathan Conley, Avon, Junior -- 2017 6th at 138 & 2016 Qualifier at 132

State #12 Peyton Pruett, Center Grove, Junior

State #16 Peyton Asubry, Brownsburg, Sophomore

State #1 Brayton Lee, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 State Champ at 145 & 2016 State Champ at 138

State #20 Jacob Schrader, Greenwood, Senior

State #1 Gleason Mappes, Center Grove, Senior -- 2017 4th at 160 & 2016 4th at 160 & 2015 Qualifier at 152

State #18 Sam Osho, Avon, Senior

Semi #6 Trace Thomas, Greencastle, Junior

State #3 Carson Brewer, Avon, Junior

State #8 Jonah Hays, Center Grove, Senior -- 2017 Qualifier at 170

State #13 Nick Willham, Greenwood, Junior

State #1 Nathan Walton, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 3rd at 182 & 2016 3rd at 170 & 2015 8th at 170

State #19 Aaron Conde, Avon, Senior

State #8 Griffin Stine, Martinsville, Junior

State #6 Ryan Hammond, Whiteland, Senior -- 2015 Qualifier at 182

State #11 Lawson Aiken, Brownsburg, Junior

State #17 Jayden Williams, Avon, Junior

285 (WOW)

State #4 Reilly Peterson, Brownsburg, Senior

State #6 Riley McCubbins, Monrovia, Senior

State #9 Jalen Corner, Mooresville, Senior

State #12 Manny Cheam, Franklin, Senior

State #19 Garrett Curtis, Whiteland, Senior

1 hour ago, Indysportsfan said:

Just in case this was missed in the other Mooresville topic — 

STATE RANKED -- 36 wrestlers

SEMI-STATE RANKED -- 2 additional wrestlers

STATE FINALS EXPERIENCE -- 15 wrestlers

State #4 Kysen Montgomery, Brownsburg, Freshman

State #8 Ben Dalton, Monrovia, Freshman

State #15 Cameron Allen, Plainfield, Freshman

State #11 Tyler Conley, Avon, Freshman

State #12 Alex Petro, Center Grove, Junior -- 2017 Qualifier at 113

State #7 Drake Campbell, Brownsburg, Sophomore -- 2017 5th at 106

State #9 Ray Rioux, Avon, Sophomore -- 2017 6th at 106

State #12 Logan Boe, Danville, Sophomore -- 2017 8th at 106

Semi #5 (113) Tyler Fuqua, Franklin, Freshman

State #1 Asa Garcia, Avon, Junior -- 2017 3rd at 113 & 2016 State Champ at 106

State #6 Ty Mills, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 2nd at 120 & 2016 3rd at 106 & 2015 2nd at 106

State #12 Brycen Denny, Monrovia, Senior -- 2016 Qualifier at 106

State #6 Drew Kreitzer, Brownsburg, Junior

State #20 Jaden Reynolds, Avon, Freshman

State #2 Blake Mulkey, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 2nd at 126 & 2016 3rd at 120

State #12 Mason Miranda, Avon, Senior -- 2015 Qualifier at 106

State #11 Nathan Conley, Avon, Junior -- 2017 6th at 138 & 2016 Qualifier at 132

State #12 Peyton Pruett, Center Grove, Junior

State #16 Peyton Asubry, Brownsburg, Sophomore

State #1 Brayton Lee, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 State Champ at 145 & 2016 State Champ at 138

State #20 Jacob Schrader, Greenwood, Senior

State #1 Gleason Mappes, Center Grove, Senior -- 2017 4th at 160 & 2016 4th at 160 & 2015 Qualifier at 152

State #18 Sam Osho, Avon, Senior

Semi #6 Trace Thomas, Greencastle, Junior

State #3 Carson Brewer, Avon, Junior

State #8 Jonah Hays, Center Grove, Senior -- 2017 Qualifier at 170

State #13 Nick Willham, Greenwood, Junior

State #1 Nathan Walton, Brownsburg, Senior -- 2017 3rd at 182 & 2016 3rd at 170 & 2015 8th at 170

State #19 Aaron Conde, Avon, Senior

State #8 Griffin Stine, Martinsville, Junior

State #6 Ryan Hammond, Whiteland, Senior -- 2015 Qualifier at 182

State #11 Lawson Aiken, Brownsburg, Junior

State #17 Jayden Williams, Avon, Junior

285 (WOW)

State #4 Reilly Peterson, Brownsburg, Senior

State #6 Riley McCubbins, Monrovia, Senior

State #9 Jalen Corner, Mooresville, Senior

State #12 Manny Cheam, Franklin, Senior

State #19 Garrett Curtis, Whiteland, Senior

Good Stuff, I know you follow Roncalli sports but thanks for your Stats . Talked with one of your buddies at the Avon Sectional, nothing but positive about your love of Sports & Stats . 

Yes Jimmy is a good guy and I am pulling for his son as much as the Roncalli wrestlers.  I believe in #'s (number sign this time) and usually I can build a strong business case around them.  Although in wrestling the mental side of the game is a very strong force, like the Jedi power on Star Wars.  That is why the most outstanding wrestlers have them all -- physical gifts, mental toughness and the heart of a lion.  Good luck to all of the wrestlers this weekend.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.