Who's in,who's out

1prouddad

1 hour ago, Coach Brown said:

There's a dozy for ya. Two kids didn't make weight at the Southport Sectional @ 113. All 113 participants advance. Question in years past the opposite Sectional (Shelbyville) will have their alternate competition?? If memory serves correct? 

Please clarify what you are saying?

Just now, Coach Brown said:

Three kids at 113 at Southport Sectionals. Does the alt from Shelbyville get in?

No. The Shelbyville champion will get a forfeit first round of regionals and be a semi state qualifier 

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

But looked absolutely ridiculous in bath robes for the finals face off. 

Did they? I was to busy admiring the 10 robes lined up for the finals... anyway it is castles 50th year and the boys wanted to wear them to commemorate the 50! I loved them, 

Todd Lockyear... a fierce defender of the robes!

3 minutes ago, toddlockyear said:

Did they? I was to busy admiring the 10 robes lined up for the finals... anyway it is castles 50th year and the boys wanted to wear them to commemorate the 50! I loved them, 

Todd Lockyear... a fierce defender of the robes!

They were a great touch!  

Annakin out.

7 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

I saw Krintz fron Harrison was not in bracket this morning.  Would of been nice to see him have one more go at it.

Krintz quit the team last week after conference loss.  Guess his heart wasn’t in it.  

59 minutes ago, Bambam23 said:

Krintz quit the team last week after conference loss.  Guess his heart wasn’t in it.  

I don't want to offend anybody or get accused of "talking about a kid," but this stuff needs to change.  Today's kids are okay quitting when things get tough.  Moreover, the parents allow their kids to quit.  This is disappointing to me.  Once you start something you need to finish it, not only for yourself, but for your team.  If you choose not to go out for the sport the next year, then fine because you aren't quitting.  You are just choosing to not go back out.  It happens way too much nowadays.  Unfortunate.  

14 minutes ago, nkraus said:

I don't want to offend anybody or get accused of "talking about a kid," but this stuff needs to change.  Today's kids are okay quitting when things get tough.  Moreover, the parents allow their kids to quit.  This is disappointing to me.  Once you start something you need to finish it, not only for yourself, but for your team.  If you choose not to go out for the sport the next year, then fine because you aren't quitting.  You are just choosing to not go back out.  It happens way too much nowadays.  Unfortunate.  

Completely agree with nkraus.  

13 minutes ago, nkraus said:

The same stuff happened 25 years ago. The whole, "we were tougher back when" gets tiresome. Maybe this is one of the reasons kids quit, they get told how soft they are constantly by these glory dayers.

9 minutes ago, Westforkwhite said:

The same stuff happened 25 years ago. The whole, "we were tougher back when" gets tiresome. Maybe this is one of the reasons kids quit, they get told how soft they are constantly by these glory dayers.

Really?  It seems much more prevalent now.  "Varsity or bust."  "I won't play anyway, so I'm going to quit."  "Our teams not good."  "I don't like the coach."  Either way you spin it, there's not a good outcome in quitting.  I've had one kid quit that I completely understood and respected why he quit.  His father had passed and they didn't have much money.  He had to work full time to make money to pay the bills in the family.  This was confirmed and a legitimate unfortunate situation.  The kid was crying his eyes out as he was trying to tell me he couldn't wrestle.  I felt for the kid and told him I completely understand and I don't blame him one bit...........and...I  guess I'm glad my parents taught me to be tougher back when

Edited by nkraus

34 minutes ago, nkraus said:

Actually, I'll reply to this post since I happen to be one of the parents of this particular individual.  First of all, I will be the first to say that before this season ever started and Myles was going back and forth on whether not he was going to wrestle, the only thing we asked of him was that if he did indeed start the season that he finished it as that is all we've ever asked of any of our kids. We didn't "allow" him to quit the team. He is almost 19 years old and unfortunately he is technically an "adult". As his parents, there's not a whole heck of a lot we can do! Believe me there have been numerous people, past/present coaches, administrators, mentors, that have tried talking to him. We have literally done all we could to try to get him to complete the season. It's easy to point fingers and say "why would they", "how could they"? Sometimes as parents our hands are tied. We have to let them fail on their own, allow them to make those "adult" decisions and pay the consequences. There's no doubt that he will regret this decision one day. We don't support or agree with his decision but we will love him regardless. If this past year had taught me anything, it's this. I will never again say "that won't be my kid" or "why didn't those parents do something about it" because now we are "those parents".  

23 minutes ago, FIREPROOF said:

Actually, I'll reply to this post since I happen to be one of the parents of this particular individual.  First of all, I will be the first to say that before this season ever started and Myles was going back and forth on whether not he was going to wrestle, the only thing we asked of him was that if he did indeed start the season that he finished it as that is all we've ever asked of any of our kids. We didn't "allow" him to quit the team. He is almost 19 years old and unfortunately he is technically an "adult". As his parents, there's not a whole heck of a lot we can do! Believe me there have been numerous people, past/present coaches, administrators, mentors, that have tried talking to him. We have literally done all we could to try to get him to complete the season. It's easy to point fingers and say "why would they", "how could they"? Sometimes as parents our hands are tied. We have to let them fail on their own, allow them to make those "adult" decisions and pay the consequences. There's no doubt that he will regret this decision one day. We don't support or agree with his decision but we will love him regardless. If this past year had taught me anything, it's this. I will never again say "that won't be my kid" or "why didn't those parents do something about it" because now we are "those parents".  

I went thru the same thing this year,and 2 years ago..this year my son,like myles,technically an adult informed me he was quitting.i told him no,absolutely not,but his mind was made up.hes 18,6'1",300,i cant make him do crap!!.but i love him,and hes my son..its such a touchy and sore subject,and can put serious strain on a relationship..i dont condone or approve of his decision, but ill support him til the end,as i will myles...and fyi,Scott and Elaine and 2 of the best parents and peoole ive ever met!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.