Team State

Still working on it..will be posted for sure before any sectional matches are wrestled.  Sorry, like everyone else in the wrestling world, we do this stuff completely voluntarily and my non-voluntary work was especially insane the last 2 weeks when we would have been preparing everything in a normal year. Thanks for your patience!

He probably wants to know Sectional Category assignments...which matters for being posted before sectional because it could seem like we messed with category levels willy-nilly if we didn't release them until after sectional.

He possibly also wants to know classification assignments--but we won't know those until after sectionals are actually wrestled because they're dependent on how many teams have at least 3 kids in the lineup.

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Still working on it..will be posted for sure before any sectional matches are wrestled.  Sorry, like everyone else in the wrestling world, we do this stuff completely voluntarily and my non-voluntary work was especially insane the last 2 weeks when we would have been preparing everything in a normal year. Thanks for your patience!

Take your time. Whether the exact policy is known or not, I think the same basic approach will apply every year. The more matches you win and higher your wrestlers place each round of the individual tournament (especially non-seniors) .....the odds of your team making it to Team State increase. 

The scoring system doesn't change. That part is known. The only thing that evolves slightly each year is the Category levels based on the strength of the teams in each sectional and regional.

Edited by maligned

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.