Best and Worst Sectionals

navy80

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Wish I wasn’t creative like 99% of you are here on this site . Wish I can be a same boring poster. Wish I can offer nothing to this Wrestling Community (Indianamat). Wish I wasn’t a Active HOF Candidate. Wish I can get my mug shot in the Indianamat Magazine. 

What Joe ..... I’m NOT ! Dang it...  I’m wishing again . :D

Is that the Muncie coming out of you? Lol...  

6 hours ago, patriotfan said:

Don't worry about them Jeff boys, I recommend locking up with them too while your at it

I think you mean dont lock up with ONE of them. Their is one on the team that if you lock up with him you will not like the results, no matter who you are. But to say something about locking up as a team might be going just a weee bit overboard.??

2 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Wish I wasn’t creative like 99% of you are here on this site . Wish I can be a same boring poster. Wish I can offer nothing to this Wrestling Community (Indianamat). Wish I wasn’t a Active HOF Candidate. Wish I can get my mug shot in the Indianamat Magazine. 

What Joe ..... I’m NOT ! Dang it...  I’m wishing again . :D

I'm an IndianaMat 1%er!! I'm creative! As we go to the polls, please remember that TeamGarcia has said 99% of you are uncreative and boring and offer nothing to this wrestling community! Now I ask you, is that how an HOF'r should act? I think not. Vote UncleJimmy..I'm a uniter! I support the ISWA and the FWSS!! 

To stay on topic (something TeamGarcia has trouble doing)..Mishawaka sectional is neither the best nor the worst sectional. Simply "meh"..I can see 12 state qualifiers 6 medalists and a state champ. Not bad.

Good luck and good health to all the wrestlers. Hopefully the flu does not effect any state "runs"..so to speak.

24 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

I'm an IndianaMat 1%er!! I'm creative! As we go to the polls, please remember that TeamGarcia has said 99% of you are uncreative and boring and offer nothing to this wrestling community! Now I ask you, is that how an HOF'r should act? I think not. Vote UncleJimmy..I'm a uniter! I support the ISWA and the FWSS!! 

To stay on topic (something TeamGarcia has trouble doing)..Mishawaka sectional is neither the best nor the worst sectional. Simply "meh"..I can see 12 state qualifiers 6 medalists and a state champ. Not bad.

Good luck and good health to all the wrestlers. Hopefully the flu does not effect any state "runs"..so to speak.

UncleJimmy has Sold Out my People... He sits on a Thrown of Lies ... He's trying to build a wall between Penn &  Mishawaka ... I know I seen the brick.   He’s Fake News .... vote for TeamGarcia HOF a real #LivingLegend #LegendKiller... 

A real 1% IndianaMat Legend.

(A Picture of me putting UncleJimmy in a Banana Split is need here) Hold on while I stretch this leg out a bit. 

<Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsTMZ is not responsible for the action/words of its President & CEO TeamGarcia & UncleJimmy Honoree of <Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmells as they go to War for Votes.

I think Jeff's 14 sectional champs, from top to bottom, beats Southridges sectional champs in a dual format. New Albany and Floyd County people just mad b/c they have to drive like they live in Madison now. 

#TakeAHikeDonnyBaker

Edited by TripleB

12 minutes ago, TripleB said:

I think Jeff's 14 sectional champs, from top to bottom, beats Southridges sectional champs in a dual format. New Albany and Floyd County people just mad b/c they have to drive like they live in Madison now. 

#TakeAHikeDonnyBaker

Ok I have to hear more on this statement.  How do you see this breaking down?  What weights do you see each sectional winning if they faced in a dual??

3 hours ago, raider140 said:

Ok I have to hear more on this statement.  How do you see this breaking down?  What weights do you see each sectional winning if they faced in a dual??

Please dont fall into this SAVAGE comment lol.  Obviously just trolling. Triple B knows more about wrestling then most people on this site. That being said here is my picks

106- Alstott pins Jeff winner

113- Brown pins Jeff winner

120- Combs pins Jeff winner 

126- Jones pins Jeff winner 

132- Santos pins Sr winner

138- Kervin pins Jeff winner

145- Sellmer pins Jeff winner 

152- Josh Foster pins Jeff winner 

160- Schank pins Jeff winner 

170- Fuller(I believe he places this year) pins Sr winner 

182- Mosely Majors Jeff winner 

195- Sonner pins Jeff winner 

220- Sisk pins Jeff winner 

285- Goff pins Jeff winner 

I promise you that noone wants to draw into Kameron Fuller. If you dont know who he is or haven't had the pleasure of watching him wrestle then you are missing out.I dont believe ive seen very many wrestlers with hips as good as his.he gets out of spots that make you wonder for days how he did it. His match against Beineke in the Conference Finals was nuts.it looked like Fuller was just playing around with him for the first 2 periods. It was probably the worst whippin (MMA STYLE) that i have ever seen in my 25 years being around the sport. He was slamming(legally),throwing,squeezing,crossfacing,twisting and everything in between. I even told one of Jeff Highs coaches that Beineke is going to be so sore tomorrow that he may not  be able to get out of bed.well the third period came and it was pretty much the total opposite of the first 2 periods. Fuller layed on the bottom for 2 minutes(he did have a 12 point lead i believe) while Beineke got his pay back by doing just about everything that was done to him in the first 2 periods.  It showed so much toughness. I dont believe there are very many guys in the state that wouldnt have been mentally and physically broken. This will be a good one the next time around if they meet in the regionals.

12 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Avon Sectional has the following:

Brownsburg (TEAM IS RANKED) - Montgomery (State #4 - 106), Campbell (State #8 - 120), Mills (State #7 - 126), Kreitzer (State #6 - 132), Mulkey (State #1 - 138), Asbury (State #14 - 145), Lee (State #1 - 152), Walton (State #1 - 182), Aiken (State #11 - 220), Peterson (State #4 - 285)

Avon (TEAM IS RANKED) - Conley (State #10 - 113), Rioux (State #7 - 120), Garcia (State #1 - 126), Reynolds (State #12 - 132), Miranda (State #11 - 138), Conley (Semi #2 - 145), Osho (State #16 - 160), Brewer (State #3 - 170), Conde (State #19 - 182), Williams (State #17 - 285)

Plainfield - Allen (State #16 - 103), Burden (State #20 - 132)

Danville - Boe (State #12 - 120)

Greencastle - Thomas (Semi #6 - 160)

STATE RANKED WRESTLERS = 22

SEMI-STATE RANKED WRESTLERS = 24

^ This gets a Blue Ribbon & White Billboard as Sectional Toughest Champ ^

13 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Southport Sectional has the following:

Perry Meridian (TEAM IS RANKED) - Cottey (State #5 - 106), Kung (Semi #7 - 113), Fair (State #3 - 120), Zepeda (Semi #7 - 132), Lowery (Semi #8 - 138), A. Warren (State #11 - 145), Servies (State #8 - 152), Davis (State #13 - 160), N. Warren (State #1 - 170), Below (State #10 - 182), Lane (State #15 - 195), Hammonds (State #12 - 220)

Roncalli (TEAM IS RANKED) - Lowery (State #3 - 113),  Viduya (State #3 - 126), Freije (State #4 - 132), Miller (Semi #8 - 145), Mahan (State #10 - 170), Hansen (State #7 - 195)

Beech Grove - Smiley (State #6 - 126), Moore (State #7 - 138), Greene (Semi #7 - 285)

STATE RANKED WRESTLERS = 16

SEMI-STATE RANKED WRESTLERS = 21

^ This gets a Red Ribbon & Runner Up ^ 

Who comes in 3rd & 4th Places ? 

Edited by TeamGarcia

1 hour ago, grappleapple said:

Back to the original topic - but I would have to put Delta's sectional as the top one last year. They had three champs and two runners up.

Multiple ranked kids with multiple ranked teams is a clear indication of Sectional strength.  Zero chance Delta was the top Sectional last year.  Granted it appears they had at least 5 good kids but to me that does not speak about the totality of strength.

I reviewed the Delta Sectional last year, see below: 

16.  Delta (10) | 9 am ET | Results 
Cowan, Daleville, Delta, Monroe Central, Muncie Central, Randolph Southern, Wapahani, Wes-Del, Winchester, Yorktown

Yorktown was/is a good program, and Maddox/Gray were very good wrestlers but the overall depth did not compete with the better Sectionals last year.  Come on man!!

Edited by Indysportsfan
More info.

14 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Multiple ranked kids with multiple ranked teams is a clear indication of Sectional strength.  Zero chance Delta was the top Sectional last year.  Granted it appears they had at least 5 good kids but to me that does not speak about the totality of strength.

I tend to agree with you, however doesn't it go deeper than that even? Is a sectional really hard if there's only one challenger in each weight class to the favorite? Look at both the Avon sectional and the Southport sectional. Noone would argue that those have a TON of talent at the top two seed lines, but beyond Avon and Brownsburg and beyond Roncalli and Perry, what's the third best team in each? Probably Plainfield and Beech Grove (a team with 4 forfeits of their own). To me, if you are all but guaranteed a spot in Regionals (like most members of those four teams are), then how tough can the overall sectional really be? 

Again, not arguing the talent at the top is lacking, how could I? I think the 3rd and 4th placers at both will struggle (in most weight classes) come Regional time though against the Sectionals they feed into. Is there a Sectional across the state where they may advance two times as many kids to SS than their partner sectional? That, to me, may be the strongest sectional (or paired with the weakest one). I guess it depends on definition.

EDIT: Made the caveat of "most weight classes" in second paragraph.

Edited by Coach Brobst

19 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Cowan, Daleville, Delta, Monroe Central, Muncie Central, Randolph Southern, Wapahani, Wes-Del, Winchester, Yorktown

Yorktown was/is a good program, and Maddox/Gray were very good wrestlers but the overall depth did not compete with the better Sectionals last year.  Come on man!!

It was good on the high end last year(and will be this year too) but depth is lacking.

9 minutes ago, Coach Brobst said:

I tend to agree with you, however doesn't it go deeper than that even? Is a sectional really hard if there's only one challenger in each weight class to the favorite? Look at both the Avon sectional and the Southport sectional. Noone would argue that those have a TON of talent at the top two seed lines, but beyond Avon and Brownsburg and beyond Roncalli and Perry, what's the third best team in each? Probably Plainfield and Beech Grove (a team with 4 forfeits of their own). To me, if you are all but guaranteed a spot in Regionals (like most members of those four teams are), then how tough can the overall sectional really be? 

Again, not arguing the talent at the top is lacking, how could I? I think the 3rd and 4th placers at both will struggle (in most weight classes) come Regional time though against the Sectionals they feed into. Is there a Sectional across the state where they may advance two times as many kids to SS than their partner sectional? That, to me, may be the strongest sectional (or paired with the weakest one). I guess it depends on definition.

EDIT: Made the caveat of "most weight classes" in second paragraph.

That is valid, I don't disagree with your analysis.  Unfortunately until the Regionals and SS are complete there is no way to judge a Sectional based on your theory.  I believe last year someone (it may have been me) did a calculation detailing where the SS and State kids wrestled for their Sectional.   

With that said if an average Sectional feeds into poor Sectional they will get many kids to SS but lose, so even that analysis has flaws.  I won't be callous and type an example but I can guarantee you there are a few Sectionals in this State that will advance many kids to SS for this reason.  This has nothing do with the strength of their Sectional but more to the point their Regional was extremely weak.

In the end I go with the eye test .... Avon 1st, Southport 2nd.

Edited by Indysportsfan
More info.

33 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Oh, I'm with you that I think depth is what determines a good sectional. But when I showed the records in another sectional that I thought had pretty good depth - I was informed that a good sectional was how many semistate qualifiers there were. So, I went one step further - the goal in wrestling is to win a championship - so, the best sectional would be the one that produces the best champions. Period, by the logic of some on here.

As for Westfork's comment - I agree. Overall depth - as far as kids that are going to have to work for a title not just get a cake walk through, makes for a better sectional in my opinion. You have Southport last year with 14 schools and it looks like they got around 12 to semistate (this might be off slightly) - and of those 12, all 12 were from Perry Meridian.

I think a good sectional will be one where multiple teams could win. I mentioned the Tri sectional earlier because I feel it is a good sectional in terms of competitiveness. There are many good wrestlers, some really good. The team battle will be between four different schools. I think that makes it good.

We all have our own theory in what makes a sectional good or bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.