Tri Sectional

Predictions? Mine are

106- Vredeveld (Centerville), Castle, (Hagerstown) Peck (Knightstown), Alexander (Richmond), Rodriguez (Lincoln), FFT.

113- Black (New Castle, Sollars (Knightstown), Busby (Centerville), Louks (Tri), Oliver (Northeastern), Gulley (Richmond)

120- Owens (New Castle), Miles (Lincoln), Buchanan (Knightstown), Kier (Richmond), Alfrey (Shenandoah), Cornes (Tri)

126- Phillips (Centerville), Ragle (New Castle), Hanna (Knightstown), Payne (Lincoln), Rickard (Shenandoah), Weber (Hagerstown)

132- Phillips (Centerville), Brown (Lincoln), Nichols (Knightstown), Tuttle (New Castle), McFarland (Richmond), Hummel (Shenandoah)

138- Ragle (New Castle), Pugsley (Shenandoah), Walsh (Knightstown), Steele (Lincoln), Day (Northeastern), Snyder (Centerville)

145- Lohrey (Shenandoah), Deloney (Richmond), Bates (Hagerstown), Westover (Centerville), Garza (Lincoln), Nolen (Knightstown)

152- Purtha (Hagerstown), Clark (Centerville, Barbosa (Shenandoah), Muncy (Knightstown), FFT, FFT 

160- Hines (New Castle), Pope (Blue River), Delk (Shenandoah), Newby (Knightstown), Baker (Hagerstown), Runyon (Centerville)

170- Calderon (Centervile), Reeves (New Castle), Webster (Shenandoah), Hancock (Lincoln), Orcutt (Knightsotwn), Greene (Tri)

182- Alred (Shenandoah), Jackson (Tri), Jarvis (New Castle), Orcutt (Knighstown), Peed (Centerville), Moore (Richmond)

195- Pierce (Richmond), Garrett (New Castle), Berger (Northeastern), Brockman (Knightstown), White (Shenandoah), Tannus (Centerville)

220- Clouse (New Castle), Browning (Northeastern), Willhite (Lincoln), Walls (Shenandoah), Moore (Knightstown), Johnson (Centerville)

285- Ahrens (Lincoln), Wisner (Knightstown), Berger (Northeastern), Scott (Tri), Matthews (Shenandoah), Clark (Hagerstown)

I think 126 will be interesting. Ragle lost to Phillips recently - but Ragle is very good at learning from mistakes and bouncing back. Should be interesting as both are very good wrestlers.

I think 120 should be a good class - and I'm also excited about the possible matchup of Puglsey vs. little Ragle.

I think 145 and 182 are locks for Shenandoah's kids. I think 160 will be real interesting.

The team race should be fun too, between New Castle, Centerville and Shenandoah. Knightstown has a very good dual team - but I don't think they are quite as strong in a tournament setting.

Ragle and Pugsley could be the match of the day at 138. Ragle comes in at 43-2 and Pugsley was a state qualifier last year but came into the year injured from football and probably took some losses he shouldn’t have. 

17 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

Ragle and Pugsley could be the match of the day at 138. Ragle comes in at 43-2 and Pugsley was a state qualifier last year but came into the year injured from football and probably took some losses he shouldn’t have. 

Yeah - I think that one's going to be good to watch. I'm also eager to see the Ragle/Phillips rematch.

On 1/22/2018 at 10:01 PM, Branden McKinney said:

Predictions? Mine are

106- Vredeveld (Centerville), Castle, (Hagerstown) Peck (Knightstown), Alexander (Richmond), Rodriguez (Lincoln), FFT.

113- Black (New Castle, Sollars (Knightstown), Busby (Centerville), Louks (Tri), Oliver (Northeastern), Gulley (Richmond)

120- Owens (New Castle), Miles (Lincoln), Buchanan (Knightstown), Kier (Richmond), Alfrey (Shenandoah), Cornes (Tri)

126- Phillips (Centerville), Ragle (New Castle), Hanna (Knightstown), Payne (Lincoln), Rickard (Shenandoah), Weber (Hagerstown)

132- Phillips (Centerville), Brown (Lincoln), Nichols (Knightstown), Tuttle (New Castle), McFarland (Richmond), Hummel (Shenandoah)

138- Ragle (New Castle), Pugsley (Shenandoah), Walsh (Knightstown), Steele (Lincoln), Day (Northeastern), Snyder (Centerville)

145- Lohrey (Shenandoah), Deloney (Richmond), Bates (Hagerstown), Westover (Centerville), Garza (Lincoln), Nolen (Knightstown)

152- Purtha (Hagerstown), Clark (Centerville, Barbosa (Shenandoah), Muncy (Knightstown), FFT, FFT 

160- Hines (New Castle), Pope (Blue River), Delk (Shenandoah), Newby (Knightstown), Baker (Hagerstown), Runyon (Centerville)

170- Calderon (Centervile), Reeves (New Castle), Webster (Shenandoah), Hancock (Lincoln), Orcutt (Knightsotwn), Greene (Tri)

182- Alred (Shenandoah), Jackson (Tri), Jarvis (New Castle), Orcutt (Knighstown), Peed (Centerville), Moore (Richmond)

195- Pierce (Richmond), Garrett (New Castle), Berger (Northeastern), Brockman (Knightstown), White (Shenandoah), Tannus (Centerville)

220- Clouse (New Castle), Browning (Northeastern), Willhite (Lincoln), Walls (Shenandoah), Moore (Knightstown), Johnson (Centerville)

285- Ahrens (Lincoln), Wisner (Knightstown), Berger (Northeastern), Scott (Tri), Matthews (Shenandoah), Clark (Hagerstown)

Purtha has now gone up to 60, so now only three at 152 and I project him to get 3rd at 160

2 minutes ago, Branden McKinney said:

It seems that Hagerstown bumped up everyone from 52-70 for some reason.

Hmmm. Yeah - this is a change. I'm not sure I understand the seeding now though. It shows Hines as the 3 seed now and Purtha as the 2, and Hines beat Purtha 10-2 a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, grappleapple said:

Hmmm. Yeah - this is a change. I'm not sure I understand the seeding now though. It shows Hines as the 3 seed now and Purtha as the 2, and Hines beat Purtha 10-2 a few weeks ago.

I don't understand how this is legal? I thought after the seeding meeting everything is final?

On 1/24/2018 at 2:44 PM, grappleapple said:

I think 126 will be interesting. Ragle lost to Phillips recently - but Ragle is very good at learning from mistakes and bouncing back. Should be interesting as both are very good wrestlers.

I think 120 should be a good class - and I'm also excited about the possible matchup of Puglsey vs. little Ragle.

I think 145 and 182 are locks for Shenandoah's kids. I think 160 will be real interesting.

The team race should be fun too, between New Castle, Centerville and Shenandoah. Knightstown has a very good dual team - but I don't think they are quite as strong in a tournament setting.

The 2 mentioned Shenandoah kids should both be state qualifiers. Lohrey was 2 years ago and I will be shocked if anyone beats Allred this year. A few weeks ago he tech-falled State ranked #8  20-2, and he was his top competitor in his semistate. 

10 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

The 2 mentioned Shenandoah kids should both be state qualifiers. Lohrey was 2 years ago and I will be shocked if anyone beats Allred this year. A few weeks ago he tech-falled State ranked #8  20-2, and he was his top competitor in his semistate. 

Mahan dropped to 170...Allred is a savage regardless

1 minute ago, Indysportsfan said:

Yeah dropping 1 weight down to face the #1 kid in the State is a no-brainer! ?

#3 at 182 > #1 at 170. There is a reason he moved down shortly after that match . I knew he had moved down after that match, but I didn’t expect anyone who would comment on the Tri sectional would even know who Mahan was. 

41 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Yeah dropping 1 weight down to face the #1 kid in the State is a no-brainer! ?

36 minutes ago, wchew20 said:

#3 at 182 > #1 at 170. There is a reason he moved down shortly after that match . I knew he had moved down after that match, but I didn’t expect anyone who would comment on the Tri sectional would even know who Mahan was. 

I'm Eric Allred....#3 at 182 Silas' dad.  First off, really appreciate your support and confidence in my son @wchew20.  He's undoubtedly turned a lot of corners and distanced himself from a lot of guys.  The extra training, national competitions....and quite honestly just no longer being 14 has really allowed his strength to catch up to his athleticism and technique.

In regards to Elijah Mahan cutting to 170lbs.  There's a lot that went into that decision. I stay in periodic contact with Elijah and his family due to my line of work (Evangelism/mentoring/etc).  Elijah was a little discouraged after losing to Walton 10-0 and then Silas 20-2.  However.....those are his only 2 losses this year, and much more than just those tough matches went into his decision making.  In fact.....no disrespect to the other 182's that will be in NC in a couple weeks.....but he likely would've punched a ticket had he stayed put.  He's already won matches against a couple of really solid wrestlers in the rankings at 182.  Fact is.....I have full confidence that he'll get the job done at 170 as well.  Outside of #1 Warren.....I don't think Elijah has an unwinnable match there.  Where he lacks the overall strength to compete with top tier 182's.....he'll actually have a strength advantage in a lot of cases at 170 in my opinion.  He's an unbelievably great kid on and off the mat.  Has a tremendous future in his first love (football).....and in full confidence I can assure you it's not a matter of him dodging anyone.  He just wants to place himself in a position that he feels is best for "him".  The Allred's are fans of Elijah's and a couple other of the Roncalli wrestlers whose been offseason teammates of Silas'.  Great kids, great program, and great parents.  We wish them all good health and the best of luck in their pursuit of their goals.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:44 AM, grappleapple said:

I believe something similar to this was said prior to the TEC tournament a few weeks ago, but Knightstown ended up winning. They are both a tough dual and tournament team, can't count them out. That said, I am rooting for Centerville.

12 minutes ago, Ch1StyleZ84 said:

I believe something similar to this was said prior to the TEC tournament a few weeks ago, but Knightstown ended up winning. They are both a tough dual and tournament team, can't count them out. That said, I am rooting for Centerville.

Possibly. I think it will be a good tournament for sure.

56 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

I'm Eric Allred....#3 at 182 Silas' dad.  First off, really appreciate your support and confidence in my son @wchew20.  He's undoubtedly turned a lot of corners and distanced himself from a lot of guys.  The extra training, national competitions....and quite honestly just no longer being 14 has really allowed his strength to catch up to his athleticism and technique.

In regards to Elijah Mahan cutting to 170lbs.  There's a lot that went into that decision. I stay in periodic contact with Elijah and his family due to my line of work (Evangelism/mentoring/etc).  Elijah was a little discouraged after losing to Walton 10-0 and then Silas 20-2.  However.....those are his only 2 losses this year, and much more than just those tough matches went into his decision making.  In fact.....no disrespect to the other 182's that will be in NC in a couple weeks.....but he likely would've punched a ticket had he stayed put.  He's already won matches against a couple of really solid wrestlers in the rankings at 182.  Fact is.....I have full confidence that he'll get the job done at 170 as well.  Outside of #1 Warren.....I don't think Elijah has an unwinnable match there.  Where he lacks the overall strength to compete with top tier 182's.....he'll actually have a strength advantage in a lot of cases at 170 in my opinion.  He's an unbelievably great kid on and off the mat.  Has a tremendous future in his first love (football).....and in full confidence I can assure you it's not a matter of him dodging anyone.  He just wants to place himself in a position that he feels is best for "him".  The Allred's are fans of Elijah's and a couple other of the Roncalli wrestlers whose been offseason teammates of Silas'.  Great kids, great program, and great parents.  We wish them all good health and the best of luck in their pursuit of their goals.

Thanks for the insight Eric, good to know a little more about Mahan and that situation. I know he was ranked as the #2 182lber in the New Castle semistate, so it would be hard to believe that he wouldn’t have punched his ticket. It was never my intention to knock him in any way, I was just responding to the other post to try to get some conversation going about the Tri sectional since it was pretty quiet. If nothing else, we got some conversation going. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.