Sectional Seeds or not

takemtothemat

4 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Just a question concerning 10 match requirement.  I'm not sure this will happen but, it is possible. If a wrestler is 10-2 with 3 forfiets not a ticket rounder can he be seated? Record drops to 7-2.

I was wondering the same thing.  Had a kid who was injured for much of the season. SS qualifier last season, but not ticket rounder.  I think he squeaked in by getting back on the math this weekend to pick up 3 more wins.  He is currently 16-0 but that includes 4 FF.  Before this weekend, he was 11-0 with 2 FF so that would have meant 9-0.  I think this is a possible scenario.

How I read our new favorite rule is this.

The forfeits count in your match total in order to be eligible for seeding. However when you are comparing wrestler A to wrestler B and it comes down to winning percentage then you take the forfeits out.

Such a glorious rule, thank you IHSWCA! I surely hope we can make things even more complicated next year.I told my wife to expect me home on Wednesday and already called off work on Tuesday because I know the seeding meeting will take a lot longer this year.

4 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The forfeits count in your match total in order to be eligible for seeding. However when you are comparing wrestler A to wrestler B and it comes down to winning percentage then you take the forfeits out.

Such a glorious rule, thank you IHSWCA! I surely hope we can make things even more complicated next year.I told my wife to expect me home on Wednesday and already called off work on Tuesday because I know the seeding meeting will take a lot longer this year.

Yeah we are headed to a new sectional 1 1/2 hours away. No head to head and very few common opponents. Fun Fun

22 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

So what your saying is that you are going to sit right next to Sam tonight?

Next question, if you are coach from another school are you allowed to sit in on another sectionals seating meeting?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.