Illegal equipment

lewdwar

2 minutes ago, IWFTKWC11 said:

https://docmillersports.com/blogs/articles/calf-compression-sleeves-for-athletes

I hope Mom is a doctor.

That was the first article I opened on google, but I bet there are plenty more out there stating similar things about compression sleeves

I can wear my compression "sleeves" for my blood clots to get better circulation but these sleeves being worn I can fart in and blow them out. 

-"Calf compression sleeves used in sports are generally made of materials such as spandex, a synthetic fiber known for its exceptional durability and elasticity, and is commonly used during exercise to prevent chafing and rashes."  

Mom is going to need a better article please.

No need for knee pads anyway. Just toss your opponents.

Btw... rumor has it that Kevin Jackson (yes that Kevin Jackson) was in Avon’s room today to help them get ready for the tournament. After a day with this beast, they don’t need no stinking knee pads! 

1 minute ago, Mattyb said:

Btw... rumor has it that Kevin Jackson (yes that Kevin Jackson) was in Avon’s room today to help them get ready for the tournament. After a day with this beast, they don’t need no stinking knee pads! 

FACT ! 

7 hours ago, Mattyb said:

SHHHHH! That was a secret!

BTW, KJ did not wear knee pads or elbow pads.

45 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Serious question - penalty is a match point and injury time right?

I presume you mean IF you did not get approval at weigh-ins.  I would presume if you present any special equipment at weigh-ins and it is approved that this cannot change once matches start.

I would have some scissors ready to go. First penalty point.... cut it off. 

Really, I rarely see a kid that is wearing a knee pad not adjust it during the match. 

I want to know who the heck raised a stink that led to this mess. And.... I mean mess. This didn’t just come out of left field. There has to be a story behind this late season crackdown. 

Can you imagine???? A knee pad slides down, a kid pulls it back up during a stop, and the ref hits him with a point!!! It’s gonna happen. 

Coach: Ma’am I’m sorry but we can’t let Johnny wear his knee protection.

Mom: but... Johnny has had knee issues this season and needs it for support! 

Coach: sorry... but we can’t chance losing a point. Let’s just hope that he doesn’t get hurt worse. 

Smh!!!

13 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Can’t permit illegal equipment 

I was referring to the following earlier in the post:

@lewdwar's pictures of a knee/elbow sleeve is not permitted. These can be altered if the sleeve at the top and bottom is shortened. But needs to be verified by the official. This was an issue a couple of years ago, if was brought to the attention of the NFHS, they are illegal because of the sleeve.

Jim Russell

IHSAA Rules Interpreter 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.