#1 Curtis vs #2 Black Instant classic

FCFIGHTER170

These 2 put on a show today that was special..The environment In  the nc Field house was spectacular! This match had it all.. sick scrambles, superb top work and crazy takedowns..Both wrestlers laid it out on the line and both had to take injury and blood time.. these 2 made all the fans winners and both gave 110% and left it ALL out there..I'm telling you now if they find themselves meeting again we are all in for a treat that we will not forget...I ended up seeing The Curtis family at dinner and the kid was so gracious and humble that It speaks volumes about his moral fiber and the reason why he's so successful..AJ is a inspiration to all his peers and elders and leads by example..I look forward to the years to come and appreciate what I'm lucky to witness from these 2 and the the quality of wrestling from  the rest of the state ...Feels good knowing we aren't just a basketball state and represent to the fullest! 

Just now, Thor said:

There any video of this match anywhere?

There was people recording I looked around and seen phones out everywhere lol.. the Rose vs Wilkerson match was damn good too.. so much action for a 2-0 triple ot match... place was rocking today

7 hours ago, asbury4040 said:

We don't know the Curtis family. We do know the Blacks. Gary Black is a stand up dude and it shows through his kids as well. Look forward to seeing AJ make amends for last years runner up. He will be up against a loaded field that wants the same thing. Lots of good wrestling ahead of us! 

So maybe you can get access to a video of this match? Lol

• 1 month later...

I think it's time to bump this bad boy!  So proud of this young Trojan AJ! If this match is anything like the conference title match then HERE WE GO! I couldn't think of any 2 respectful top tier grapplers to be in the finals and here we are, just hours away from  the 2017 rematch which was a classic in its own right...Will AJ reverse the NC finals curse and become the new undisputed 113 pound State Champion?  Or Will the mini monster from Yorktown repeat and uphold his #1 rank and possibly move him higher up the national ranks?  AlI know is, that I knew this could happen the second their tussle in the Field house wasn't quite over! 

Oh and did I mention thus SWEEEET throwback Black New Castle singlet that Rex wouldn't let none of us WEAR since the 90s..AJ is special and that's why he can wear it.. it all makes sense.. so proud of that young man.. it's crazy when me and little gary was wrestling AJ was a baby running around the mats.. now he's RUNNING the mats lol best of luck to Curtis as well I knowhe's brining it every time..nc vs Yorktown has always been a good rivalry back dating back to us wrestling for team semi state titles  and now in the same conference I don't see that changing anytime soon! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.