Griffith Sectional

BigBruda

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Yes it will be 3 mats straight across. all bleachers pulled out, and possibly tip and roll bleachers up on the balconies. 

Ok, just wondering. Never been there with three across.  Is it close to the side walls?  I only ask this because some Officials will call the out of bounds differently if this is a safety issue.  

4 hours ago, XCard said:

Ok, just wondering. Never been there with three across.  Is it close to the side walls?  I only ask this because some Officials will call the out of bounds differently if this is a safety issue.  

The width of a blank section of mat is the distance....7 feet to be exact. Out of bounds has never been an issue 

We actually ran into that problem a lot when we wrestled your super. All in one match, the ref even said he would be calling it differently and breaking much earlier for the rest of the dual due to it. I don't know if it will be set up slightly different from when we wrestled, but it's just something to be aware of.

Well over the past (since we moved to the school in 2009), I have not ran into that issue and I apologize that you did. There is the same amount of wrestling space as if you had the mat in the center of the gym, but the wall acts as the gym floor...No wrestling should ever go that far off the mat in the first place, if you are going by the rule book.

3 hours ago, bonehead63 said:

I was told that this sectional will alternate between griffith and hobart every year. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Will definitely be an intimate setting.

I know there is only one half-hour brake planned. Lets hope for the best. 

I haven’t been told anything about alternating between us and Griffith,  I hope as well everything will go smooth 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.