Notable wins and upsets for 12/27-12/30

ontherise219

I am a fan of rankings because I believe it can get your community talking about your team and ultimately grow the sport.  This being said you will hear no complaint from Brownsburg regarding our ranking or seed at anything.   Seeds and rankings generate discussion of our sport which is good for our growth.  We care nothing but the end result.   Yorktown brought what they could and beat us at Mooresville. They were not at full strength either.  Congrats to them on getting the job done.  

Snyder 

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

This is a noble post. Leads me to wonder: if a program can’t keep kids healthy and injury free, should they not have consequences? Most of the dominant professional and collegiate sports teams mitigate injury and wellness as part of their overall franchise/team health (outside of the 5 player team NBA). Ring worm, fever, weight probz, grades, etc, are all part of the program.

Shouldn’t Yorktown be #1 because they brought what they could for better or for worse? Bankers is all that matters in the end, but I feel like programs that sacrifice competitions for team improvement shouldn’t have a free pass. 

leads me to wonder...wth are you trying to say WG?  lineups are lineups, everyone deals, and everyone chooses what they're all in for.  I find no fault here.

3 hours ago, navy80 said:

170 semi finals 

fattore (4th) vs Rader (2x state qualifier)

and

hays (state qualifier) vs Levits (2x state qualifier)

combined record of 91-2

Fattore wins by 6 and Hays squeaks by.. Fattore by atleast 8 over hays in finals is my prediction

I think the top 3 at 170 is going to be awesome when they have to wrestle. I cannot pick. Warren,Fattore, or Brewer?? I would think that Brewer would be a slight underdog but it wouldn't surprise me if he beat them both either..I am looking  forward to seeing these 3 battle it out at the Bank. Is there anyone else that can compete with these 3 at 170?

8 hours ago, throw45 said:

leads me to wonder...wth are you trying to say WG?  lineups are lineups, everyone deals, and everyone chooses what they're all in for.  I find no fault here.

He's a die-hard Cathedral fan that feels slighted by his defending IHSAA state champ Irish not having a Number 1 next to their name in the duals rankings. Even though it's clear to all that they could be the best duals team, he sadly has taken it on himself to disparage Team State and diminish Brownsburg on multiple threads in hopes of convincing us. Having no connection to any of the top few teams, I personally think Cathedral is a juggernaut this year, but I definitely wish IWG would just let their performances do the talking.

Edited by maligned

2 hours ago, maligned said:

He's a die-hard Cathedral fan that feels slighted by his defending IHSAA state champ Irish not having a Number 1 next to their name in the duals rankings. Even though it's clear to all that they could be the best duals team, he sadly has taken it on himself to disparage Team State and diminish Brownsburg on multiple threads in hopes of convincing us. Having no connection to any of the top few teams, I personally think Cathedral is a juggernaut this year, but I definitely wish IWG would just let their performances do the talking.

Fair enough. But, how boring would this site be if we all just got on here and had to listen to “The County” vomit on us all their accolades, feeder programs, etc. Somebody’s got to keep those boys in check. And if the #1 team in the state losing isn’t newsworthy on this site, I don’t know what is. Likewise, if Chesterton or Columbus East (who both are wrestling splendidly) knock of Cathedral at #2 at the Al Smith this afternoon, there will be plenty of chatter.

But, mainly, I was a little drunk and bored. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy1

So in your drunk and bored rant you’re saying it’s a bad thing for a coach to hold on kids that are sick and place back ups? #1 or not, a wrestlers health is more important then winning a tourney or being ranked #1. Kudos to Snyder and his crew. 

They say drunk thoughts speak the sober mind. 

28 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Fair enough. But, how boring would this site be if we all just got on here and had to listen to “The County” vomit on us all their accolades, feeder programs, etc. Somebody’s got to keep those boys in check. And if the #1 team in the state losing isn’t newsworthy on this site, I don’t know what is. Likewise, if Chesterton or Columbus East (who both are wrestling splendidly) knock of Cathedral at #2 at the Al Smith this afternoon, there will be plenty of chatter.

But, mainly, I was a little drunk and bored. 

I’d recommend some Thermaflu or DayQuil throw in some Chicken Noodle Soup if your vomiting on #TheCountyFlu, might consider some of that new stuff Gatorade is making, what is it called #hateraid to get back your fluids you lost from #TheCountyFlu

its going around bad these days around here. 

Hope you get well soon . 

:D

Edited by TeamGarcia

5 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

So in your drunk and bored rant you’re saying it’s a bad thing for a coach to hold on kids that are sick and place back ups? #1 or not, a wrestlers health is more important then winning a tourney or being ranked #1. Kudos to Snyder and his crew. 

They say drunk thoughts speak the sober mind. 

I have nothing to retract. I meant what I said sober or blacked out. If you rest starters and it costs you a W, it should have a negative consequence. Pretty simple really. 

Frankly, I don’t give 2 sheets about rankings. I don’t even know if they are for an individual tourney team or dual meet team. Since I think I might be the only Cathedral supporter on this site, I figured the masses could use a little philosophy since most of the Avon/B.B. world have been feeling pretty invincible lately. 

Glad I could get some of your dander up. I’m positive Coach Snyder and the Bulldogs could care less what I think anyway. 

Negative consequences for resting starters who are sick?! Lmao you gotta be joking me! I pray McGinely (sp?) and crew never have to rest a few starters due to illness and lose. God forbid a kids health being more important then some local tournament win. But you wanna say they should drop in the rankings, lmao give cathedral the top spot. Brownsburg at full strength runs through that tourney like a hot knife through butter. 

27 minutes ago, mockdad79 said:

Congrats to the Peru Tigers for finishing in the top 10 at the Al Smith. Pretty sure Avery Jones deserves to be ranked in the fw ss rankings after making it to the finals at 285. 

Nah. Four more notable wins and then we’ll talk.

North Montgomery holiday tournament

106-simone(hse) dec pierson (wc) 6-3

113-ross(wc) pins moseley(nm)

-kitko(nob) dec peters(wc) 5-0

126-hall(hn) pins johnson(nm)

132-cottingham(w) dec sparks(nob) 7-1

138-kitko(nob) dec coleman(wc)8-7

170-hauke(nc) pins wray(nm)

285-adams(nm) dec stone(elwood) 4-3

Great tournament - ran very well- polite and gracious hosts especially Seth's parents, a truly great wrestling family. Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.