113: #5@106 Montgomery brownsburg d eldred Westfield 10-3 

113: #14 casebolt Castle maj Todd Yorktown 9-0

113: Montgomery d casebolt 7-3 

113: Todd Yorktown d Overton greenwood 

120: cash Bloomington north p Antunez Jennings County 

120: Curtis Yorktown d cash Bloomington north 6-2 tb1

126: Willis castle d Denny Jennings County 

20 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Ummmm, Brownsburg getting 2nd to Yorktown at Mooresville..... 

It's the second straight year they wrestled half their guys and kept most of their stars out for this event a few days after team state. They predictably lost both years.

North Montgomery Holiday a Duals:

New Haven

Jonyvan Johnson dec. over Elwood's Jalen Morgan (#13) 5-2

Jaxson Savieo dec. over Elwood's Kyle Cornewell (#4) 3-2

Jaxson Savieo dec. over HSE Andrew Irick (#14) 3-1

Team State

New Haven

Jonyvan Johnson pin over Lawrenceburg's Jonah Rolfes (#12) 

22 minutes ago, maligned said:

It's the second straight year they wrestled half their guys and kept most of their stars out for this event a few days after team state. They predictably lost both years.

So what you’re telling me, is that Brownsburg cares more about winning team state than Mooresville?? I’m not buying this narrative.

We did not purposely keep anyone out of Mooresville. It’s an awesome tournament. I wish all my starters could have wrestled this year and last year, but we have been banged up and sick.  I wouldn’t enter our varsity in a great tournament like Mooresville and then send half of them.  

We have had 1 starter out all year as he got hurt in football.  Another starter is 1-0 and we hope to get back soon.  

We had every intention of wrestling Mills and Walton Day 2, but they both got sick night of Day one.  Lee, Krietzer, and Mulkey are sick.  Peterson and Campbell banged up.  We got a few back today and more tomorrow and hopefully even more next week.   

Yes, they would have all wrestled if it was Team State or Sectional time.  However, we are not intentionally sitting them at Mooresville.  Trust me that they, my coaching staff, and I are very frustrated.  I wish we were 100% healthy, but I’ve never had that miracle in my coaching career.  

Congrats to Yorktown on their well deserved win.  They have some studs and it was fun watching them do their thing.  

Snyder

8 hours ago, rookie78 said:

Isiah and Jed our cousins.  Jed's brother Doug, graduated 2 years ago.  Isiah has 2 brothers in middle school yet (6th and 8th grade)

PH wrestling is a serious generational business, but it would not matter if the coaches, alum, and the school itself was not putting in the work every step of the way.  They just seem to get better and better.  It's a community investment.

4 hours ago, Darrick Snyder said:

We did not purposely keep anyone out of Mooresville. It’s an awesome tournament. I wish all my starters could have wrestled this year and last year, but we have been banged up and sick.  I wouldn’t enter our varsity in a great tournament like Mooresville and then send half of them.  

We have had 1 starter out all year as he got hurt in football.  Another starter is 1-0 and we hope to get back soon.  

We had every intention of wrestling Mills and Walton Day 2, but they both got sick night of Day one.  Lee, Krietzer, and Mulkey are sick.  Peterson and Campbell banged up.  We got a few back today and more tomorrow and hopefully even more next week.   

Yes, they would have all wrestled if it was Team State or Sectional time.  However, we are not intentionally sitting them at Mooresville.  Trust me that they, my coaching staff, and I are very frustrated.  I wish we were 100% healthy, but I’ve never had that miracle in my coaching career.  

Congrats to Yorktown on their well deserved win.  They have some studs and it was fun watching them do their thing.  

Snyder

This is a noble post. Leads me to wonder: if a program can’t keep kids healthy and injury free, should they not have consequences? Most of the dominant professional and collegiate sports teams mitigate injury and wellness as part of their overall franchise/team health (outside of the 5 player team NBA). Ring worm, fever, weight probz, grades, etc, are all part of the program.

Shouldn’t Yorktown be #1 because they brought what they could for better or for worse? Bankers is all that matters in the end, but I feel like programs that sacrifice competitions for team improvement shouldn’t have a free pass. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.