Team State Video

SWINfan

9 minutes ago, headlock83 said:

I get what you're saying, but trust me when I say that in this day and age, if some nice fella bag could corner the market on oxygen we would have to pay to breathe.  And no I don't think a very crappy stream of a high school wrestling meet is worth 10 bucks.  

Crappy feed aside, you said you would never pay for a live feed.  That's your choice.  But not acknowledging there are costs to things is just as...  er, grumpy.  It would be great if everything in life were free.  Let me know when you find that world.

I find it absurd that people on this thread find it acceptable for wrestling fans to pay money (the price is irrelevant) for a horrible feed.  The feed I’ve been watching since this morning should have been free for those of you making jokes about everything being free. I have no problem paying money for a feed that works. I don’t think anyone is asking for a 4K feed, just a feed that allows me to continuously watch without have to refresh my browser and watch half mats.  

21 minutes ago, Irishman1114 said:

I find it absurd that people on this thread find it acceptable for wrestling fans to pay money (the price is irrelevant) for a horrible feed.  The feed I’ve been watching since this morning should have been free for those of you making jokes about everything being free. I have no problem paying money for a feed that works. I don’t think anyone is asking for a 4K feed, just a feed that allows me to continuously watch without have to refresh my browser and watch half mats.  

What did you think of last year's feed? 

2 minutes ago, Irishman1114 said:

Didn’t watch the feed last year...how was it?

No one watched it last year, so much worse.

The IHSWCA didn't have the right equipment(computers and cameras) on like 4-6 mats and thus those feeds were choppy and had issues. I have faith in them that it will improve next year. 

For $10, which was less than paying to get in it's a good deal to see all those matches.

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

No one watched it last year, so much worse.

The IHSWCA didn't have the right equipment(computers and cameras) on like 4-6 mats and thus those feeds were choppy and had issues. I have faith in them that it will improve next year. 

For $10, which was less than paying to get in it's a good deal to see all those matches.

Oh I get it now, so I pay the neighborhood boy $10 to cut my grass and it’s ok if he only cuts the front because, well, haha, it’s only $10. You should have cut it yourself sucker.

Just now, Irishman1114 said:

Oh I get it now, so I pay the neighborhood boy $10 to cut my grass and it’s ok if he only cuts the front because, well, haha, it’s only $10. You should have cut it yourself sucker.

Or you can quit whining and drive here to watch in person. Considering if you were coming from Indy or beyond you'd be shelling out close to $100, if not more.... 

My only gripe is not being able to see the entire mat.  I don't think it is asking much to fix that aspect.  It would have been nice to remove the bottle of water that was in the feed for the Portage/Brownsburg dual also.  It is nice to finally have it streaming and I am hoping that as every year, improvements will continue to be made to better the event.  

Or you can quit whining and drive here to watch in person. Considering if you were coming from Indy or beyond you'd be shelling out close to $100, if not more.... 

So if Track would’ve charged $100 and had a crap feed you would be mad then?  What price would be acceptable for you to have a bad feed? 

1 minute ago, Irishman1114 said:

So if Track would’ve charged $100 and had a crap feed you would be mad then?  What price would be acceptable for you to have a bad feed? 

My feed was fine, I watched the last two rounds from my couch. 

$10 is cheap for a stream of an event like this. I'm not paying $100 for this feed as I'll go pay the money to come to the event and they I can't complain about the feed.

2 minutes ago, XCard said:

My only gripe is not being able to see the entire mat.  I don't think it is asking much to fix that aspect.  It would have been nice to remove the bottle of water that was in the feed for the Portage/Brownsburg dual also.  It is nice to finally have it streaming and I am hoping that as every year, improvements will continue to be made to better the event.  

The IHSWCA needs to figure out the table help, they were asking for help before the start. Worst case require someone from each team at the table and one on the camera.

The IHSWCA needs to figure out the table help, they were asking for help before the start. Worst case require someone from each team at the table and one on the camera.

I agree.  Pretty important aspect of the tournament, table help.  I could only assume they did not realize the extra help that would be needed to stream the event. I again am confident that this will be addressed and the improvements implemented. See you in about a week!

1 hour ago, HomesteadWrestling said:

Where are the results for the 9th and 11th place matches? I am not seeing them on the track brackets. 

Those matches are not wrestled out due to available mats and time constraints.  They previous round is wrestled so that all team will get at least 3 guaranteed matches for the event. 

2 hours ago, Irishman1114 said:

The people making "jokes" about everything being free were replying to the guy who said he would never pay for a live feed of wrestling period.  The quality of the feed was not included in that statement.  He later commented about  the feed being crappy, but I think he was just playing off everyone else and wasn't seeing the feed himself.

NO ONE I saw comment in this thread were happy with the quality of the feed.  But it was better than not having one at all, IMO.  If it doesn't get better in future years, then I would certainly reconsider paying the $10.  But I and I'm sure you have blown $10 on much worse in my life.  But making sure those that are responsible know what kind of quality was received is the only way I know to help improve things.  

For you, it's pretty simple.  Pay the fee or don't.  But aside from you missing the point about the "everything free" comments, I think we're ALL in agreement it was much less than ideal.

27 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

The people making "jokes" about everything being free were replying to the guy who said he would never pay for a live feed of wrestling period.  The quality of the feed was not included in that statement.  He later commented about  the feed being crappy, but I think he was just playing off everyone else and wasn't seeing the feed himself.

NO ONE I saw comment in this thread were happy with the quality of the feed.  But it was better than not having one at all, IMO.  If it doesn't get better in future years, then I would certainly reconsider paying the $10.  But I and I'm sure you have blown $10 on much worse in my life.  But making sure those that are responsible know what kind of quality was received is the only way I know to help improve things.  

For you, it's pretty simple.  Pay the fee or don't.  But aside from you missing the point about the "everything free" comments, I think we're ALL in agreement it was much less than ideal.

The voice of reason 

Looks like a lot of videos weren’t archived or archived incorrectly. Semis on don’t have video and matches like Asa vs viduya were archived after the first period. Disappointing, but glad I was there to see about every big match 

I appreciate all of the feedback on the video a team state. It was important for me to get the event streamed this year, and it is clear that there was a demand for it. I am sorry if it was not perfect. As this is my first year being involved in that decision making process, I can assure you that we will take all of this into account next year when planning.

I am very pleased with all of the work that the many people put into this tournament. It really is a team effort. But I can already tell you that you are correct there are areas we can do better at. Please feel to email me at gratliff@rbbschools.net with any feedback. Merry Christmas!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.