2017 Brecksville Invitational Holiday Tournament

TeamGarcia

Indiana taking it on the chin this round. But.... in the long run they are all winning. The level of wrestling here is stupid good. Great matchups of D1 kids, one after another. 

Both teams have had super good sportsmanship. Representing well. 

Edited by Mattyb

Kasper macintosh gets beat by a freshman in ot? That freshman must be someone special!

thanks to Avon and portage for putting and keeping Indiana wrestling on the map! We don’t get to venture outside Indiana very often and a tournament like this is special. Stupid travel rule!

2 hours ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

Kasper got absolutely robbed in double OT. I've never seen anything like it! Kudos to the kid for being a class act after having a bad official ruin a perfect senior season.

Can you elaborate? Or does anyone have a video? All I saw was he had to get an escape to win in sudden death and I thought for sure he was gonna get it and then the screen said match over and showed he lost? 

6 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Can you elaborate? Or does anyone have a video? All I saw was he had to get an escape to win in sudden death and I thought for sure he was gonna get it and then the screen said match over and showed he lost? 

Got called for locked hands as time expired in 3OT.  The match should have gone to the ultimate tiebreaker.

FINAL standings at Brecksville Tourn:
1- No. 9 DCC (MI) 200
2- Portage (IN) 173.5
3- No. 23 Brecksville 168.5
4- No. 32 Lowell (MI) 148
5- O. Liberty 139.5
6- Avon (IN) 131.5
7- Dundee (MI) 127.5
8- Elyria 126.5
9- CVCA 122
10- Elder 116.5
11- Wauseon 116
12- Canfield 114.5 

I think Portage will be in Intermat.com Top 20’s-30’s after this performance. 5 of Top 7 was out of State Teams . (2) Teams in Top 6.  Great Job Indiana ! 

I have two questions regarding the locking hands. Is there any reaction time when you’re on top and return someone to the mat?

and how could that ref make that call from his angle? It didn’t look like he could’ve conclusively seen the locked hands from where he was standing. 

47 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There is reaction time

The ref must have x ray vision

I could go on and on until I'm blue in the face, but I'll just say it was an awful call. I just hate to see officials and judgement calls take matches away from hard working kids. Let em wrestle! 

18 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Asa drops his Finals match 14-5 to finish Runner Up 

Great tourney for Indiana kids & congrats to all those who competed.  I know Decatur is an elite talent, as is Asa, but was it just me that Decatur looked much larger than Asa?

8 minutes ago, Dwilly said:

Great tourney for Indiana kids & congrats to all those who competed.  I know Decatur is an elite talent, as is Asa, but was it just me that Decatur looked much larger than Asa?

Asa wrestled his butt off and represented Avon/Indiana like a true champion. Very proud of why I saw from him and his team mates. 

Can't speak for TeamGarcia, but IMO weigh outs on day 1, rather than weigh ins on day 2, gave an advantage to weight cutters. Guys in the semi finals finished up around 7-8pm on day 1, weighed out, then didn't compete again until 1pm on day 2. If I had to guess, I'd say some boys put on 10-15lbs over night! 

Edited by DrunkJoeNamath

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.