Shake Up the practice room

ENoblewrestling

Air squat sets between Live grind matches..We had sets of 250 in between 18 minute grind matches.. you could obviously start way lower but this was what Peck had us doing once we were In shape and worked us up to 1000 reps a practice when he decided he wanted to kill us lol

Also takedown tournaments and king of the mat always fun as well..we also did tag team wrestling.. divide the team in two.. then put your smallest guys out there..if you can manage to get your opponent close enough to the next kid in line you can tag them and have it 2 vs 1..if you pin the kid he's out and the next comes in.. the goal is to have the most left on your side and pin the entire other team.. it's very fun and works on strategy

We have used our warm-up as a time to play a game like dodgeball or play handball. It's a fun way to get the team loose, excited, and clear their minds of whatever happened at school that day when they walk into the room. We have seen that our kids are more engaged, are less stressed about wrestling, and have a better sweat going into practice than they do with your traditional wrestling warm-up from jogging around the mats and stretching that can often become monotonous. Also adds a bit of competition right off the bat, especially when there is a push-up wager involved.

Edited by bomber_bob

8 hours ago, buscowrestling said:

The live vs drill thread got me thinking about this one.  What are some things your team does to shake up the room a little? I'm racking my brain for some ways to liven up practice and looking for some new ways to get a lot accomplished and engage the kids.

I could drop in and show them how their coach can get his butt kicked by an old man!

On 12/11/2017 at 9:30 PM, aoberlin said:

I could drop in and show them how their coach can get his butt kicked by an old man!

Their coach is getting to be an old man himself.  They would be more shocked to see me actually wrestling than seeing me get my butt kicked!

1 hour ago, buscowrestling said:

Their coach is getting to be an old man himself.  They would be more shocked to see me actually wrestling than seeing me get my butt kicked!

So what you are saying is you're scared?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.