Its that time of year again! Harvest classic is always a great tourney filled with great match-ups. Last year we saw great matches such as Triana vs Poynter, Black vs Rumph, Mcintosh vs Johnson, McWilliams vs Murillo, also a mix of PM kids with a great showing as well. Hopefully, we will see OTR on the mic once again! Does anyone know if Region sports will be covering this again? What are your guys predictions?

106 #1 Jacob Moran - Portage

#6 Alex Cottey - PM

#11 Nate Hadery - Penn

120 #1 Tylor Tirana - Hobart

#1 Hassan Johnson - Brother Rice IL

#3 Brock Peele - Portage

#4 Sam Fair - PM

#11 Alex Bautista - Hanover Central

126 #5  Colin Poynter - Portage

#8 Tanner DeMein - Penn

138 #2 Kris Rumph - Portage 

145 #1 Kasper McIntosh - Portage 

#10 Jack Servies - PM

152 #3 Donnell Washington- Portage 

#14 Aiden Warren - PM

160 #11 Donte Colza - Hobart

#15 Cody Snook - Calumet

#11 Dominick Murphy - Brother Rice IL

170 #1 Noah Warren - PM

#2 Zach Fattore - Hobart

#9 Paul Gliva - Brother Rice IL

#12 Drake Guerrero - Portage 

182 #2 Jeremy Torres - Portage 

#6 Bradley Glover - River Forest

#7 Daniel Below - PM

195 #7 Anthony Maceo - Portage 

#12 AJ Fowler - Calumet 

220 #13 Chester Swopes - Portage 

#15 Sam Perez - Highland

285 #1 Isaiah McWilliams - SB Washington 

I’m sure I’m missing some. 

Edited by lewdwar
Size

10 minutes ago, lewdwar said:

#6 Alex Cottey - PM

#11 Nate Hadery - Penn

#3 Brock Peele - Portage

#4 Sam Fair - PM

126 #5  Colin Poynter - Portage

#8 Tanner DeMein - Penn

#10 Jack Servies - PM

#14 Aiden Warren - PM

#15 Cody Snook - Calumet

170 #1 Noah Warren - PM

#2 Zach Fattore - Hobart

#7 Daniel Below - PM

#12 AJ Fowler - Calumet 

#15 Sam Perez - Highland

Hassan Johnson is ranked #1 in Illinois ? 

23 hours ago, lewdwar said:

#6 Alex Cottey - PM

#11 Nate Hadery - Penn

#3 Brock Peele - Portage

#4 Sam Fair - PM

126 #5  Colin Poynter - Portage

#8 Tanner DeMein - Penn

#10 Jack Servies - PM

#14 Aiden Warren - PM

#15 Cody Snook - Calumet

170 #1 Noah Warren - PM

#2 Zach Fattore - Hobart

#7 Daniel Below - PM

#12 AJ Fowler - Calumet 

#15 Sam Perez - Highland

I’m sure I’m missing some. 

152- #13 Michael Hunter - Hobart (pre-season mag ranked) not ranked now on the site for some odd reason...

Edited by brickfor6

1 hour ago, indianmorg said:

Harvest is always a gauntlet!  FYI OTR will be on the mic again and I will be commentating and live streaming the finals with Region Sports Network, should be getting the link tonight.  I will post it once I do!

Great pick up for Region sports for the broadcast. Who will give better insight on one of the toughest tournaments in region then Josh Morgan. I’m hearing a couple big guns will be out of a couple  line ups still a great day of wrestling. 

9 minutes ago, ontherise219 said:

Great pick up for Region sports for the broadcast. Who will give better insight on one of the toughest tournaments in region then Josh Morgan. I’m hearing a couple big guns will be out of a couple  line ups still a great day of wrestling. 

Yeah.... hearing for SATs 

On 11/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, brickfor6 said:

Its that time of year again! Harvest classic is always a great tourney filled with great match-ups. Last year we saw great matches such as Triana vs Poynter, Black vs Rumph, Mcintosh vs Johnson, McWilliams vs Murillo, also a mix of PM kids with a great showing as well. Hopefully, we will see OTR on the mic once again! Does anyone know if Region sports will be covering this again? What are your guys predictions?

Does anyone know which team won this tournament last year? I see all the great match ups from last year and saw PM had a great showing. Who are the returning champs individual and team. I have heard this was a good tournament and that it is a grind. I am excited to watch. 

Thanks....It looks like PM did more than just have a good showing, they won the tournament. This year should be a good one. I was hoping to see Warren vs Fattore. I had Warren over Fattore. 

Hate to get everyone's hopes up but Fattore will be at SAT'S. He is bummed that he doesn't get to compete, but like we have always said for him and to all of our wrestlers, "Academics come first". Zack has impressed us on the mat but more importantly, he has impressed us academically. He is #1 in his class and is a beast on the mat.

On 11/29/2017 at 6:46 AM, Sig40 said:

Yes in 2A. 

I think Portage is wrestling everyone up a weight class though.

Nice, I new he was pretty good, he's won quite a few national tournaments, my boy Bryer Hall beat him at IHPO , he'll like the fact that he beat a #1 ranked kid from Illinois . Thanks 

11 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Hate to get everyone's hopes up but Fattore will be at SAT'S. He is bummed that he doesn't get to compete, but like we have always said for him and to all of our wrestlers, "Academics come first". Zack has impressed us on the mat but more importantly, he has impressed us academically. He is #1 in his class and is a beast on the mat.

#1 in his class !!!!   that is AWESOME.  Great accomplishment and something to be very proud of for sure.  Good luck to him and rest of team this year but wow that is great !!!

We have some guys that are taking SATs also in the upcoming weeks.  Academics should always come first.

But...

Let's be honest, we are talking about December, January, and February that need to be avoided to make sure our guys are ready to compete in our scheduled matches, most of which are set with plenty of time to plan around.  It is a little frustrating as coaches when a kid tells you he scheduled it during a tournament weekend.  Not the end of the world, but something we definitely try to plan around in future seasons.

Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend, always great wrestling at the Harvest.

21 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

Well December is the last time you can take it before March. And if you are trying to apply to schools before March then this is the last time you can take it.

Also dates in August, October, and November with dates available as well the previous year if plans to take it multiple times.

Please don't take it as an attack on Zack, as we have a big name guy that will be taking it this Saturday as well as a couple others.  I personally just feel there are opportunities to take the test on other dates to avoid missing any wrestling for the Season.

Not to interject XCard, as I hear what your saying..but sometimes you don't achieve the score your looking for or think you should, or the one you need to get into your 1st choice so you retake them. With this being the last chance, it could play a role..that's all I'm saying. Also, scholarship $$ are often dependent upon test scores so if you're close and $$ on the line, you take it again.

And good luck to everybody tomorrow! 120 looks incredible..

Edited by UncleJimmy

14 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Not to interject XCard, as I hear what your saying..but sometimes you don't achieve the score your looking for or think you should, or the one you need to get into your 1st choice so you retake them. With this being the last chance, it could play a role..that's all I'm saying.

And good luck to everybody tomorrow! 120 looks incredible..

Oh he's in the schools he wants. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.