Toughest SS ?

Juggernaut

New Castle historically has had the most placers and the best winning percentage.  East Chicago  or formerly  Merrillville typically has the most state champions.      Evansville might be the toughest this year with the dominant #County teams in it.    Ft Wayne has Y2  and his historical stats that can make that SS look good.

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

New Castle historically has had the most placers and the best winning percentage.  East Chicago  or formerly  Merrillville typically has the most state champions.      Evansville might be the toughest this year with the dominant #County teams in it.    Ft Wayne has Y2  and his historical stats that can make that SS look good.

Good info, thank you. We come through NC SS & have won our regional a few times , but it has not been easy to get our boys through that ticket round. We usually get one through, but as we all know that's where you start to separate the good from the great. 

26 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

I think a more interesting question what are the toughest SS's by weight class?  Anyone up for the challenge?

The toughest on I know of is Evansville 138. It’s crazy! In no order....

Mulkey- brownsburg- senior

Miranda- Avon- senior

Campbell- Ben Davis- senior

Combest- Columbus East- Senior

Matt Lee- EMD

and the first three are in the same sectional!!! 

Dont see a tougher semi-state weight class out there. Prove me wrong.

Edited by Mattyb

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Miranda- Avon- senior

Matt Lee- EMD

Evansville 126 will be fun too... you'll have Rooks, Garcia, Mills, Denny, Cash, etc.  Should be a great year with those boys being battle tested come state time!  

6 minutes ago, teammills said:

Evansville 126 will be fun too... you'll have Rooks, Garcia, Mills, Denny, Cash, etc.  Should be a great year with those boys being battle tested come state time!  

I’ll add Willis of Castle and whom ever lands there from MD. Agree this might be tougher than 138!  

13 minutes ago, teammills said:

Dang... Mills may have me there! I’m sure EMD will have a stud too! 

So... I would say the two toughest weights will be at ESS. 

6 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Miranda- Avon- senior

Matt Lee- EMD

Not 100%,but i believe D.Craig (J.C) beat Campbell (B.D) today

5 hours ago, backtothemat said:

I’ll add Willis of Castle and whom ever lands there from MD. Agree this might be tougher than 138!  

Unless he really picked up a lot of size we can add a very tough Owen Sego from Indian Creek in the mix too. I believe he's only a sophomore this year. 

18 hours ago, teammills said:

I believe Cash dropped to 120. Not 100% positive but pretty sure.  126 is stacked all across the state.  As is 132 & 138 from what I've seen . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.