Best graduating class from one school ever

maligned

I've tried to raise this subject before, but it seems to go off-topic quickly into best team ever. With college commitments from them now complete, I want to ask the question again: Is it possible that Brownsburg's current senior class is the best graduating class from one school ever? Or at least the best Top 4 from one class ever? Even if they don't all win it this year (which they definitely could), I think there's an argument for them being the all-time best. If they do all win it, I think it would be pretty hard to suggest anyone else has them topped.

Lee: Two titles, ranked #1 in the nation, #6 P4P in the nation, D1 commit

Mills: 2nd-3rd-2nd, D1 commit

Walton: 8-3-3, college commit

Mulkey: 3-2, D1 commit

Before you say it, I know, I know...Lawrence North had 4 champs one year--they weren't all seniors. Griffith's group was amazing--not all in the same class. EMD's four champs in '03 were also not all seniors. Still, all of those schools had strong senior groups. Did any of them have three D1 recruits?

1 hour ago, maligned said:

I've tried to raise this subject before, but it seems to go off-topic quickly into best team ever. With college commitments from them now complete, I want to ask the question again: Is it possible that Brownsburg's current senior class is the best graduating class from one school ever? Or at least the best Top 4 from one class ever? Even if they don't all win it this year (which they definitely could), I think there's an argument for them being the all-time best. If they do all win it, I think it would be pretty hard to suggest anyone else has them topped.

Lee: Two titles, ranked #1 in the nation, #6 P4P in the nation, D1 commit

Mills: 2nd-3rd-2nd, D1 commit

Walton: 8-3-3, college commit

Mulkey: 3-2, D1 commit

Before you say it, I know, I know...Lawrence North had 4 champs one year--they weren't all seniors. Griffith's group was amazing--not all in the same class. EMD's four champs in '03 were also not all seniors. Still, all of those schools had strong senior groups. Did any of them have three D1 recruits?

Well..............TBD then I guess we will just wait till Feb and when all 4 win the title's then I guess we will have our answer ????

next question...........is Snyder & Wiesjahn the best coach and assist coach ever ???  #PainTrain  #TheCounty

edit..........that Griffith class listed above was awesome also for sure !!!

Edited by JMILL

Crown Point team of 2009 had 7 guys make it to state. 6 of them placed and three were State champs that year. 5 of them were college commits with three of them going D-1. They all did not graduate that year so really not same as what Brownsburg has accomplished......But was fun to watch that team!!!

Kudos to the parents and coaching at Brownsburg. Have something really special there and all four of the kids are great wrestlers but even BETTER young MEN....CONGRATS

Wow, didn't fully realize BB is that loaded this year! Crazy stuff when you think about teams past. Crown Point's 09' team was straight up stacked from what I remember. Not much happening at the next level with that group though, save for Tsirtsis's natty title. 

The Delta teams in the 80's were crazy good.  The 03 Mater Dei team was the best I've seen.   Here's their seniors results that year:

Craig Macke (41-1) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Finished 3rd after losing to Escebedo in the semis

Aaron Scott (31-7) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Finished 3rd losing to Tsirtsis in the semis

Craig Weinzapfel (38-0) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

Dustin Nosko (20-2) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

Sam Wildeman (34-1) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

We lost a close dual meet to Griffith that year in the team Semi State.  After a couple of days of being pissed off about it, we realized that the Mater Dei team had a legit chance to shut us out at team state if we would have won.  

Macke is on my list of 'best guys to never win'.  He was special.

5 minutes ago, Ed Pendoski said:

The Delta teams in the 80's were crazy good.  The 03 Mater Dei team was the best I've seen.   Here's their seniors results that year:

Craig Macke (41-1) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Finished 3rd after losing to Escebedo in the semis

Aaron Scott (31-7) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Finished 3rd losing to Tsirtsis in the semis

Craig Weinzapfel (38-0) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

Dustin Nosko (20-2) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

Sam Wildeman (34-1) Evansville Mater Dei (12)

Champ

We lost a close dual meet to Griffith that year in the team Semi State.  After a couple of days of being pissed off about it, we realized that the Mater Dei team had a legit chance to shut us out at team state if we would have won.  

Macke is on my list of 'best guys to never win'.  He was special.

this list has 3 champs and 2 probable runner ups (if we are all being honest with ourselves these guys were not obviously gonna beat Angel or T-shirt but likely the 2nd best guys in weight class and ran into tough semi draws). 

With this being said I would say this is the vote for best senior class ever...........................unless Brownsburg gets 4 champs this year then it has to goto them !!!!

#TheCounty  #PainTrain 

22 hours ago, JMILL said:

Well..............TBD then I guess we will just wait till Feb and when all 4 win the title's then I guess we will have our answer ????

next question...........is Snyder & Wiesjahn the best coach and assist coach ever ???  #PainTrain  #TheCounty

Even if all 4 Brownsburg seniors win titles this year that puts them at 6 state titles for the group, which puts them shy 1 to griffith group. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, JMILL said:

Not even close to being the best coach/asst coach ever.

3 hours ago, MD92 said:

Not even close to being the best coach/asst coach ever.

After what Snyder accomplished at mishawaka, and how quick they turned around Brownsburg, i cant see how they arent close. If they keep doing what they are doing there could be an arguement. 

3 hours ago, MD92 said:

Not close to Goebel and Helfrich.  Will need many, many more years.

Excuse my ignorance, but has Goebel coached up another team? He was amazing and the program they had was amazing. But Snyder and wiesjahn turned brownsburg around immediately, has a nationally ranked team, and where was brownsburg before snyder and wiesjahn. Fabio might be riding Snyder's coatail(kidding wiesjahn, you know your stuff) but what was done at mishawaka, and now at brownsburg, gives them an argument 

Edited by NICfan

On 11/16/2017 at 9:18 PM, 12andcounting said:

The MD class of 1996 had a good group. Not quite all the state titles but a solid team. 

Kevin Head 2,3,4

Scott Schafer 5,2

Roger Nurrenburn SQ

Joe Armentano 4

Todd Kite SQ

Nick Mayer 6,1

Dan Goebel SQ

Matt Voelker 5

8 seniors making it to state in the same year.

I remember watching that team at state. Studs 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.