MatBoss pros and cons

rookie78

Perry Meridian uses it. It works great. The wrestlers like it and it is easy to evaluate matches. Don’t have to fast forward to get to a score. Just click whatever score you want to look at and it goes right there. Keeps track of stats also. 

Edited by lewdwar
Edit

• 2 weeks later...

I know you have to sync/upload the videos from MatBoss back to their cloud data base.  Depending on the number of matches that may take a little time and they recommend you plug in the iPad while the process is going.  There is a video tutorial section on MatBoss which can help with some of this if your still not sure what you may have missed. 

I think this is a great tool, as the kids have real video to do evaluations.    Also,  a time saver in stat keeping.      The hard part is to have a manager or somebody to film every match.   You have to have a crew and multiple cameras/laptops available to film during times when you have multiple wrestlers.  Some of the problems were a few referees were annoyed that we had a manager matside and wanted the person out of the coaches corner or away from the mat.   Also sometimes in the super dual days,  you had to rush to get the lineup loaded in time for the start of the match.      The other negative was that the kids didn't utilize this tool.    It baffled me, but my and some other kids on the team just didn't want to take the time to watch all the video of wrestling.   In fairness,  I guess they want a little freedom away from the long wrestling season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.