2018 Dream Team Classic hosted by Indiana!

Y2CJ41

IndianaMat is proud to announce for the VERY first time Wrestling USA will bring the Dream Team Classic to Indiana. The best seniors from the USA will take on our top seniors on April 14th at Brownsburg High School. Wrestling is scheduled to start at 6pm with some very good matches in store.

Look for more information soon on tickets and everything else that will be going on.

Based on returning state placers Joe Diaz maybe a viable option to consider at 113 if he can make it again.  His only lose at state last year was to Viduya and then he injury defaulted.  

Two 106 juniors last year that may likely be 113 this time around.  Any injurys that keep a light weight Junior out of state last year?

Plus there is always that diamond in the rough that may  just have made semistate last year but will emerge to be a top contender during this years state tournament.  Depends if the selection can wait until after the season concludes.   

Edited by MattM

48 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The team will be finalized as soon as state is complete.

Will it be based off of state placement?  Is Indianamat running this?  If so, will you be the ones setting the teams and any/all the criteria?

This will be a very fun event!!!!

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

Will it be based off of state placement?  Is Indianamat running this?  If so, will you be the ones setting the teams and any/all the criteria?

This will be a very fun event!!!!

Yes

Yes

Yes

Highest placing senior with a strong likelihood that Joe Lee is invited, I know he wants to come rep Indiana one more time! In the case of a 2nd/3rd placers both being seniors if the 3rd beat the 2nd placers we'll take the 3rd placer most likely. We had a scenario like that for Pittsburgh where we took the 3rd placer because he won the week before at semi-state.

12 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Highest placing senior with a strong likelihood that Joe Lee is invited, I know he wants to come rep Indiana one more time! In the case of a 2nd/3rd placers both being seniors if the 3rd beat the 2nd placers we'll take the 3rd placer most likely. We had a scenario like that for Pittsburgh where we took the 3rd placer because he won the week before at semi-state.

is there not going to be a 106 weight class for this ?  it was not listed on the above list of possible participants.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:31 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

Yes

Yes

Yes

I may be in the minority, but I would like to see one of Indiana's Seniors that will be competing during their Senior year for a respective Indiana High School.   As much as I think Joe Lee is very deserving of an invite to the event, I think we should consider the opportunity that could take away from another Senior that may still be trying to prove themselves on a National level.  Just a thought for discussion.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:24 AM, XCard said:

I may be in the minority, but I would like to see one of Indiana's Seniors that will be competing during their Senior year for a respective Indiana High School.   As much as I think Joe Lee is very deserving of an invite to the event, I think we should consider the opportunity that could take away from another Senior that may still be trying to prove themselves on a National level.  Just a thought for discussion.

That's an interesting point, but I also think there is value in Indiana putting out the most competitive team possible. If Indiana can make it a respectable dual against Team USA, maybe it could push us closer to the top tier of wrestling states, thus giving more validity to credentials state-wide. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.