ISWA Chairman Vote Keith Davison

Y2CJ41

I like what I hear.  Joe brings up a good point about social media...THE STATE ISWA twitter/instagram/etc. needs to pump out everything to multiple regions!  Our little, but mighty Instagram/Facebook/Twitter reposts that stuff and gets quite a few views for our small community...we had our 2nd ever All American this year and if I recall correctly..I had to search to find a post about it...there's no reason we couldn't have been tagged or given a shout out...I'm not upset by any means, but giving notoriety where it's due helps to promote the sport!   I hope all this makes sense

Edited by nkraus

Listened off and on while feeding my lil guy. Good answers and ideas to help create a better connection from wrestler, coaches and board members(club and ISWA itself).

Sounds like he has some pretty good background with 501's and if he can help bring in good fundraisers as well, that'd be a huge bonus. Some of the cost for the trips have hindered good wrestlers from attending. 

And I forgot, to say thank you Joe for giving guys a chance to voice their platform and thoughts for running for a position. In the past, that I'm aware of, there hasn't really been much of a chance for individuals that want to run to get heard by outsiders. Who knows, all 17 that tuned in last night :) could be the difference in who sits in the Chairman's spot when done. 

I don't do a whole lot of socializing around tournaments and will admit I'm not very active outside our own club, so in the past I kind of blindly followed the pack on leaders for our state. This gives someone like me a chance to hear what others think and how they might improve our overall wrestling experience.

It’s sensible that people who only know me as a coach might think that I might be biting off more than I could chew with the ISWA Chairman role.  I’ve also picked up vibes that some of the existing board members are bothered that my supporters and I believe that I could come in with no ISWA board experience and be an effective leader.

Please know that I have a lot of respect and appreciation for our existing board for the countless and often thankless hours of work that they continue to put into the organization to help keep it going.

On the other hand know that I have extensive volunteer leadership experience and would allocate the time that’s needed to get acclimated to the role and its responsibilities as well as assess what we do and how we do it  before trying to prioritize what we should focus our efforts on improving.  I’m not aiming to or promising that I’d fix “all of the problems.” 

I am not concerned about commitment significant amounts of my time to our cause.  I have served the board as a coach of national teams for the past 6 years and have been generous with my time preparing for and traveling to these tournaments.  My cumulative time that I’ve committed to these exceeds three months.  I am currently president of our wrestling club and plan to reduce my involvement on that front to offset the added responsibilities of ISWA chair.

From my vantage point it seems we have many capable board members in place and I wouldn’t intend to take effective people and processes and change them.  However I do expect that feathers will be ruffled as we re-focus and make changes to our board as we move to being more wrestling centric as we work to be national wrestling power.

Should I be voted in I will actively solicit and welcome thoughts and suggestions as to how we can improve as an organization.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.