Grand River Rumble

TeamGarcia

Great day of wrestling. This is a very tough tournament to win. Proud of all the Indiana / Ohio boys. More importantly is the friendships and bonds that have been made. 

The whole team earning all-American honors (in the gold bracket) at this very tough tournament is an amazing feat. 

The mafia organization is a class act. 

Not sure of everyone's records. I'm sure that sig40 can give us all a great breakdown as he was the table worker all day. His son Jesse is a beast. I'm sure that he will be out next 4 timer (if he stays around). 

#TheCounty was represented by a few guys. All went 6-1 and wrestled well. 

Edited by Mattyb

6 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

#TheOhio...no Indiana teams to participate on?

Many of the Indiana based teams had kids from other states on them. Hey... its summer wrestling. It's more about having fun and doing stuff with other kids and other teams. You know how it was with Tallented son. Studs like him get to meet cool kids along the way. Just kinda neat to see kids that typically wrestle against each other on state based teams (like scholastics) come together and have fun. I really think that is what the "off season" stuff is all about. With all of that said, Indiana as a whole did very well up here. 

Edited by Mattyb

My research reflects that the team champs in the middle school and 6th grade and under divisions had Indiana kids on those teams also. Middle school champs had Cheaney Schoeff and Evan Bates. 6U had Big Nate Rioux. 

All world 3rd grade and under coach Triple B just came up short with the Indiana boys in the 3rd grade and under division. 

Edited by Mattyb

On 7/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, Mattyb said:

Indiana boys bring home 5 of the 13 titles in the high school individual tournament today.

Jesse Mendez 108

Dawson Combest 138

Jacob LaPlace 155

Carson Brewer 167

Brady Shepherd HWT

There was also 2  Indiana boys that brought home titles in the middle school individual tournament .

Zeke Seltzer  110 

Bryer Hall  130 

If there was others that I missed , please add them .

7 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Carson Brewer beat California's 4th placer, Illinois 3rd placer and Michigan runner up.. that's a frikkn run if I've ever seen one! 

Took out Wisconsin 4th placer also... yes..... he had a solid weekend. Super proud. Lots of kids did well. Thanks buddy. 

Look for big things from Hall next year. He is got a tank on him. Really nice kid too. 

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.