Roncalli's coach Wade McClurg has been caught recruiting by the IHSAA.  Check out page 23 of the IHSAA comittee meeting.  Coaches talk to your kids and see if they have been contacted by him. 

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about%20ihsaa/minutes/2016-17/050117.CommitteeMinutes.pdf

Roncalli HS – Rule 20‐6 b (Wrestling coach sent emails to non‐feeder middle school students inviting them to enroll at the school and participate in the wrestling program) 1. The Roncalli High School wrestling program is issued a warning. This warning is official notice that a rule violation has occurred, is a matter of record, and shall not be repeated. 2. Coach Wade McClurg is reprimanded for committing this violation.  Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse for a violation. 3. The IHSAA accepts the actions of the Roncalli High School administration in this matter as appropriate and sufficient discipline for this violation.  Further violations in this area by the wrestling program shall be handled in a more severe manner

Edited by Dr Jekyll

Certainly not condoning this but what does the IHSA expect when they allow freedom of choice school selection upon completion of middle school and entry into high school but then it becomes like pulling teeth to transfer athletically after? His fault seems to be using email and leaving indisputable evidence. Gotta be a tad more discreet...maybe setup a table at FS state or something!

UncleJimmy,

Point of emphasis: The IDOE is the one that has allowed for more school choice. The IHSAA by-laws however are not as tolerant about school transfers due to for athletic reasons or in this case the promotion of it in any way.

Edited by MattM

Awesome post that is full of classiness. Since when was it recruiting to contact a kid that already attends a parochial school just to the west of your school? Obviously I'm not hip on what deanery is supposed to go where.. BUT where were the investigation and search parties out to get Tonte and Schoettle from 2011-2014? Madison-Grant? Beech Grove? Lawrence? Center Grove? Are all of those feeder schools for Perry or am I missing something? Or the Cathedral staff who has kids driving from Bloomington/Martinisville area to wrestle/go to school everyday? Where's the finger pointing there? Just because Cathedral isn't associated with the archdiocese they get a pass? Or the search parties for the Brownsburg staff.. Tri-West is a feeder school? Avon? What about Carmel? Two Yorktown boys move to Carmel for one year, one of them doesn't get released, the next year they're back at Yorktown.. nothing fishy there! For every finger you point, there's four pointing back at you. Is what he did right? No. However, quite ridiculous to tell people to "ask their kids to see if he's contacted them." He's already be reprimanded. Your digging will get you nowhere. Notice email(s) - plural - more than one. The man has coached national teams at every level, pretty sure the ISWA has sent him to the OTC, and was the assistant coach at the most elite wrestling academy in the state for over 5 years - good connections with people from every corner of this state. I hope you find the gold you're digging for.. or your finger just may get stuck up your nose!

Edited by Gator Roll

Awesome post that is full of classiness. Since when was it recruiting to contact a kid that already attends a parochial school just to the west of your school? Obviously I'm not hip on what deanery is supposed to go where.. BUT where were the investigation and search parties out to get Tonte and Schoettle from 2011-2014? Madison-Grant? Beech Grove? Lawrence? Center Grove? Are all of those feeder schools for Perry or am I missing something? Or the Cathedral staff who has kids driving from Bloomington/Martinisville area to wrestle/go to school everyday? Where's the finger pointing there? Just because Cathedral isn't associated with the archdiocese they get a pass? Or the search parties for the Brownsburg staff.. Tri-West is a feeder school? Avon? What about Carmel? Two Yorktown boys move to Carmel for one year, one of them doesn't get released, the next year they're back at Yorktown.. nothing fishy there! For every finger you point, there's four pointing back at you. Is what he did right? No. However, quite ridiculous to tell people to "ask their kids to see if he's contacted them." He's already be reprimanded. Your digging will get you nowhere. Notice email(s) - plural - more than one. The man has coached national teams at every level, pretty sure the ISWA has sent him to the OTC, and was the assistant coach at the most elite wrestling academy in the state for over 5 years - good connections with people from every corner of this state. I hope you find the gold you're digging for.. or your finger just may get stuck up your nose!

If that parochial school is not a feeder school for your high school then that has been against the rules going back to the 1980's or before that time. I would guess over 90% of high school kids understand this would be against the rules. Not sure how a coach would not know.

Roncalli's coach Wade McClurg has been caught recruiting by the IHSAA.  Check out page 23 of the IHSAA comittee meeting.  Coaches talk to your kids and see if they have been contacted by him. 

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about%20ihsaa/minutes/2016-17/050117.CommitteeMinutes.pdf

Roncalli HS – Rule 20‐6 b (Wrestling coach sent emails to non‐feeder middle school students inviting them to enroll at the school and participate in the wrestling program) 1. The Roncalli High School wrestling program is issued a warning. This warning is official notice that a rule violation has occurred, is a matter of record, and shall not be repeated. 2. Coach Wade McClurg is reprimanded for committing this violation.  Ignorance of the rules is not an acceptable excuse for a violation. 3. The IHSAA accepts the actions of the Roncalli High School administration in this matter as appropriate and sufficient discipline for this violation.  Further violations in this area by the wrestling program shall be handled in a more severe manner

Great first post. I always suspected roncalli was full of bad people. Now it's confirmed.

On the other hand, they are rebels. This is what rebels do.

Rebel.

Great first post. I always suspected roncalli was full of bad people. Now it's confirmed.

On the other hand, they are rebels. This is what rebels do.

Rebel.

Huh? I hope this is tongue-in-cheek. Not sure how one person caught cheating means a place of education and, in this context, a group of parents and kids in our wrestling community is "full of bad people." I've talked to dozens of coaches and officials about Roncalli over the years, often hearing their passion about how good it feels to beat their program when they were lucky enough to do it. But I've never once heard someone make such a silly blanket statement slightly resembling this post, hook.

Huh? I hope this is tongue-in-cheek. Not sure how one person caught cheating means a place of education and, in this context, a group of parents and kids in our wrestling community is "full of bad people." I've talked to dozens of coaches and officials about Roncalli over the years, often hearing their passion about how good it feels to beat their program when they were lucky enough to do it. But I've never once heard someone make such a silly blanket statement slightly resembling this post, hook.

I'm going with sarcasm..

I don't have much knowledge on what is allowed and what isn't.  But he came up to one of my wrestlers and his family at state 2 years ago and asked if they'd be interested in transferring over to be able to wrestle for them.  I just assumed they were allowed to do that.

I don't have much knowledge on what is allowed and what isn't.  But he came up to one of my wrestlers and his family at state 2 years ago and asked if they'd be interested in transferring over to be able to wrestle for them.  I just assumed they were allowed to do that.

He was at Roncalli two years ago? Hmm.. news to me!

Heard this weekend that Wade was also texting Fair and Cottey after Tone went to Warren. I guess if you couldnt get them the next best thing would be Lowery.  I did not know Perry was a  parochial school to Roncalli.

Heard this weekend that Wade was also texting Fair and Cottey after Tone went to Warren. I guess if you couldnt get them the next best thing would be Lowery.  I did not know Perry was a  parochial school to Roncalli.

More evidence!

Heard this weekend that Wade was also texting Fair and Cottey after Tone went to Warren. I guess if you couldnt get them the next best thing would be Lowery. I did not know Perry was a parochial school to Roncalli.

After Tonte went to Warren? If my memory is correct, Coach McClurg was not a head coach at the time of Tonte's departure - still @ Carmel. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, I remember seeing little Cottey at Warren RTC's and workouts... w/ warrior gear on! Fair grew up in New Palestine/Warren Township, right?.. forgot New Pal/Warren was a Perry Meridian feeder school. Your move.

Edited by Gator Roll

After Tonte went to Warren? If my memory is correct, Coach McClurg was not a head coach at the time of Tonte's departure - still @ Carmel. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, I remember seeing little Cottey at Warren RTC's and workouts... w/ warrior gear on! Fair grew up in New Palestine/Warren Township, right?.. forgot New Pal/Warren was a Perry Meridian feeder school. Your move.

If you are going to post accusations post your name. Wade McClurg was found guilty of infractions, however none of the people you mentioned have been found guilty of ILLEGALLY recruiting.

My move?  All i did was post the IHSAA meeting.  You started blaming other coaches.  Funny thing is i have nothing to do with Perry. Also i was sent a DM saying who Gator Roll is.  Your move!

Sounds like an investigative report for #TheCountyTMZ!!!

I'll help...

FACT..Gator Roll knows ALOT about the inter workings of all things central IN wrestling. Seems to wanna throw off the trail and direct focus elsewhere.

FACT...doesn't seem to have anything bad to say about Avon (who does) but does mention #PainTrain.

My guess..Gator Roll is 800# Gorilla Momma!!!!!'

Please note...no mention of the unmentionables! I know how to follow directions!

God I love the offseason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.