IU next year

IU has shown a constant trend of wrestlers not developing. Not sure the exact number of transfers out over last six years but it has been large.

Until IU addresses the staff they will struggle, Simmons issues at Oregon State will always hurt recruiting along with parent trust and Goldman being well past his prime as being able to wrestle on the mat hurts also. Until the AD holds them accountable IU will always be bottom third of big ten

Simmons would be fine if he were able to develop and improve talent.

There is not much evidence to support his coaching prowess.

I agree, not much evidence. On that, it  would be a good risk to take. Considering there is a lot of evidence to support, the head coach's  lack of ability to develop and improve talent.

Just saw on the themat.com that associate head coach Job was posted by Indiana University. I wonder what happened to Simmons and who will they go after? Maybe bring Dubuque back, or Mike Dixion from ODU. Who do you think they should go after?

Just saw on the themat.com that associate head coach Job was posted by Indiana University. I wonder what happened to Simmons and who will they go after? Maybe bring Dubuque back, or Mike Dixion from ODU. Who do you think they should go after?

Dead end job. For desperate guys looking for a start in coaching. Don't do it.

• 4 weeks later...

To the wrestling team Insiders like Jeff. Now that Indiana has shuffled coaches, what is, the projected line up for Indiana next season? Loosing Black was a result of Simmons leaving? But the program is use to not getting the in state elite, so they look elsewhere. And who are the in coming recruits to bolster the practice room? Another question, who in the room is  moving into a starting spot?

Bomber, we seem to be in the sam boat. Never a free flow of information out of the Hoosier room. Never was. I'd say, it maybe anther part of the problem, of the success, of a program. And it falls on the shoulders of a head coach. We can see why Indiana has such a weak following over the past 20 years or so, and getting worse. Hard to get behind a team, when there is no way to get any feed back about what is going with the team.

• 1 month later...