ISWA State

Cadet 120 I am looking forward too... 8th grader Blake Boarmen in with 10th Hunter Watts.  Will be an interesting matchup if they wrestle.

theyll meet up next match.

Also, how about Eli Dickens over Littell

Great day one of this tournament.  I was fortunate to be coaching a couple of guys in the Juniors 170 and we along with the big boys were in the Gymnasium (which was a great location).  Lots of good wrestling from the boys 170 and up all day.  Thanks to the ISWA and Warren Central for all of the hard work making this possible!

Considering that Bailey had a win over a state placer.... I would say that Logan is right there.

Mis and Conley are athletes, with tons of national experience. I'm sure that they would more than hold their own. Both have high wresting IQs. I assure you that Mis will be a coach one day. If anyone knows this kid... you know what I'm talking about.

Some big weight jumps

Real statement brother. Tons of guys wrestling up at least 1 class. Wanted to give a lot of credit to Elijah Mahan (Roncalli) who wrestled up against my son Silas (170) in the finals today. He held his own very well. He defeated one of his fellow regular season 160's in the semi's.....a very skilled SQ Adkins. Was genuinely an exciting, "all go" type of brawl. I'm confident Mahan is already well on your guys radar, but I could see him really doing well the next 2 yrs. He loves funk, and executes it pretty well. Silas made an early mistake, but controlled the pace well to earn a 12-7 W in the finals. His goal is to make a run at the Cadet World Team next year

Edited by Perseverance

Don't sleep on Conley.

I'm not, I just forgot to mention him.

We should see how these 8th grade studs fare up against the 9th grade studs at 106 today...

Logan Bailey Cathedral (31-3 Ticket rounder) faces 8th grader Noah Mis (9-1 at VAC holiday duals, 6-1 at middle school Duals, 3rd at USA Nationals, 1st, 1st, and 2nd at Middle School State) Ranked by Sig40 as the third best middle schooler

Brayden Lowery Perry Meridian (47-3 and 3rd in state at 106) faces 8th grader Tyler Conley Avon (7-3 VAC holiday Dual, multi ISWA state champ, 3rd, 4th, and 7th at Middle School state) Ranked by Sig40 as the 20th best middle schooler

at 120, you have 

Hunter Watts from Jimtown who was runner-up going 48-3 at 113 versus 8th grader Blake Borman Mater Dei (7-3 at VAC holiday duals, USA National Champ, Tulsa Champ, 1st, 2nd and 7th at Middle School State) Ranked by Sig40 as the second best middle schooler

I have to pick the high school kids over the middle schoolers simply because of the grueling schedule they just got done with and experience at the state tournament. These matches will give us an idea of next year.

Real statement brother. Tons of guys wrestling up at least 1 class. Wanted to give a lot of credit to Elijah Mahan (Roncalli) who wrestled up against my son Silas (170) in the finals today. He held his own very well. He defeated one of his fellow regular season 160's in the semi's.....a very skilled SQ Adkins. Was genuinely an exciting, "all go" type of brawl. I'm confident Mahan is already well on your guys radar, but I could see him really doing well the next 2 yrs. He loves funk, and executes it pretty well. Silas made an early mistake, but controlled the pace well to earn a 12-7 W in the finals. 

Honestly, I never heard of him until your post... looking at his results he lost in regionals to Christian Warren 13-7 and lost in the ticket round to Alston Bane 6-5.  He finished 34-7.  It looks like he has a lot of potential for-sure!  Will look forward to watching him next year.  

A few BIG names in the Junior division that dominated their brackets:

Moran @ 113 (how would he have matched up against this years State Placers @ 106)

Mulkey @ 138 ( looked good at that weight)

Davidson @ 220 (Can't wait to see him wrestle at the next level NCAA)

Parris @ 285 ( TOTAL DOMINANCE)

WOW!

Blake Boarman pins Hunter Watts! He will face Brock Peele for the championship.

Noah Mis beats Logan Bailey 3-1.  

Brayden Lowery beats Tyler Conley 1-0

Mis beats Lowery 9-6 to win it all!  Mis and Conley are for real..

Scott Fitts Mater Dei 8th grader beats LJ Burdon Plainfield 14-5.  Burdon went 29-11 at 132 and lost first round of semi state but won Frosh-Soph state finals.

Fitts went on to lose to Avon's Jaden Reynolds 1-0 in the finals.  Fitts beat Reynolds for 1/2 at Middle School State.

Other notables: 

Mater Dei's Blaine Mayer JV beat Cathedral's Elliott Rodgers who placed 4th at state  16-3.  Very impressive match by Mayer.

6th place Manzona Bryant beats 4th place finisher Laplace 7-6 in the semifinals at 145

Some studs coming in to Indiana next year. Can we revisit the which middle schoolers could have placed this season that people were upset about?

LOL

Blake Boarman 8th grader beats Hunter Watts of Jimtown who just wrestled under the lights a few weeks ago.  Then he beats Portage's Brock Peele who finished 4th at the state finals.  

He will make a great addition to Mater Dei next year!  They've got so much young talent...

matty-

have you done the math on the coming match twixt bburg and avon?

i know you have; don't deny us.

#mattybmathwhiz

Man you love busting my chops! Lol!

Really... haven't. I'm sure that we are the underdogs.

Have you figured if we will both finish higher than you at semistate again!

#BallBuster

Wanted to give a lot of credit to Elijah Mahan (Roncalli) who wrestled up against my son Silas (170) in the finals today. He held his own very well. He defeated one of his fellow regular season 160's in the semi's.....a very skilled SQ Adkins.

Agreed, that trio is tough.  Would have been an interesting mix with the top 5 @ 170 Juniors.  The top 4 included 2 SQ's and 2 EC SSQ's.  Jonah Hays of Center Grove was pretty dominant with his closest match a MD over fellow SQ Brad Lowe from Greenfield in the semi's. Cade Girgenti (Chesterton) showed some excellent skills and heart in his semi-final win. Michael Boland almost avenged his 1/4 final loss to Lowe in a tight 0-2 match where both guys brought the heat on top.  Tizton Carson (10th grade) also posted a strong showing to finish 5th (I believe he and Silas tangled @ Fr/Soph State recently).

Agreed, that trio is tough. Would have been an interesting mix with the top 5 @ 170 Juniors. The top 4 included 2 SQ's and 2 EC SSQ's. Jonah Hays of Center Grove was pretty dominant with his closest match a MD over fellow SQ Brad Lowe from Greenfield in the semi's. Cade Girgenti (Chesterton) showed some excellent skills and heart in his semi-final win. Michael Boland almost avenged his 1/4 final loss to Lowe in a tight 0-2 match where both guys brought the heat on top. Tizton Carson (10th grade) also posted a strong showing to finish 5th (I believe he and Silas tangled @ Fr/Soph State recently).

Thanks for the kind words about Trizton and yes there was great wrestling going on @170 yesterday...Triz was sick during the week and started cramping bad vs Beinke and was literally having to pry his hands open that were locking up... Boland was tough as nails too...I look for the cadet at Jr's that competed yesterday day to be in the mix next year..Beineke and Stikes are both studs too...Stikes gave Jonah a good match and lost a very questionable match via Def pin to Drake baker..look forward to seeing the Culver kids next season they always bring it..

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.