ISWA State Coaching Requirements

gsmith58

Can someone please clarify the third bullet from the ISWA website? I have an updated background check and 2017 USAW Coaching membership. I also took ISWA State Friday night coaching clinic a few years ago and have a Copper card. Do I need to retake the Copper course online to have it on file with USAW to coach my son at State?

Thanks.

----

1. Background Check through TCLogic/USAW Membership

2. 2017 USAW Coaches Membership

3. Minimum Copper Coaches Certification on file on their 2017 USAW Coaches Card.

The coaches card that was accepted in years past will not be accepted for a floor pass any longer.  In order to receive a coaches wristband this year a new procedure is in place. 

----

Is there a difference between the Copper Clinic held tomorrow night, or the one offered online (materials, time, cost)? If I do the one online, do I show up and pick up my bracelet, or do I need printed proof of completion of the class?

Is there a difference between the Copper Clinic held tomorrow night, or the one offered online (materials, time, cost)? If I do the one online, do I show up and pick up my bracelet, or do I need printed proof of completion of the class?

I believe if you take the one online it shows up on your USA Coaching Membership card. Of course, you'll need to re-print it or download the new pdf to your phone. I took the course before the USA Card was required and the certification wasn't registered at USA Wrestling, so I had to contact the ISWA. Tina Tonte was nice enough to look up my certification and forward it onto USA Wrestling. It now shows on my membership card.

Edited by gsmith58

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.