DIII
133- Owen Doster- Wabash
141- Devin Broukal- Wabash
149- Griffin Schermer- Wabash
157- Nick Bova- Wabash
165- Connor Brummett- Wabash
174- Darden Schurg- Wabash
197- Riley Lefever- Wabash

Add others as I may have missed some. Also some DII regionals have true 4th matches going on still.

is it possible that our state tournament system (ie. no wrestlebacks, unclassed, etc.) is part of the reason the DII and DIII Indiana schools have been so successful. Wabash and UIndy understand what it means to be a 4x semi-state qualifier, that understanding of our system may give them an advantage in recruiting the DI caliber talent in Indiana that gets passed over by the big boys because they don't have the "state tournament" resume.

Does anybody seriously think Riley Lefever (1x IN state runner-up) is a DIII level wrestler, probably half the guys on that list could at least compete for a varsity spot in a lot of DI rooms.

Not really arguing in favor or against anything just a thought I had, Indiana's B1G programs have been mediocre for a while but our other programs (Wabash, Uindy, InTech, Trine, etc.) have seen quite a bit of success.

In the past we have had way too many wrestlers go to DI that really should not have. I am glad to see that we are gradually changing the "DI or bust" attitude the state has had. Just because you could be a starter in DI, doesn't mean you should go there.

In the case of Riley, since I have been close to him, he was very late bloomer. He got a rough draw at semi-state as a junior and should have been a state qualifier or low placer. He has matured greatly even since his senior year of high school.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really arguing in favor or against anything just a thought I had, Indiana's B1G programs have been mediocre for a while but our other programs (Wabash, Uindy, InTech, Trine, etc.) have seen quite a bit of success.

I do agree that some of Indiana's smaller schools are having success because the top tier programs overlook some of our guys, and I do think we have some guys that could compete at D1 level. That being said, if most of the guys were in a D1 Big Ten program, they may not have the success because the Big Ten is brutal. Not a knock on the wrestler, just a compliment to how deep the Big Ten is.

DII Brackets

http://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=252149009

Schedule(All Times Central)

Friday

11am First Round

6pm Second Round wrestle until 8 left

Saturday

10am Semi-Finals and all consolation placings

6pm Finals

DIII Brackets

http://www.trackwrestling.com/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=252150009

Schedule(All Times Central)

Friday

11am First Round

6pm Second Round wrestle until 8 left

Saturday

10am Semi-Finals and all consolation placings

7pm Finals

DIII

Broukal, Schurg, and Lefever win

Doster, Schermer, Brummett lose close ones, Bova also lost

DII

First round winners

141- Nick Crume- Indianapolis

157- Heath Lange- Indianapolis

Lost first round

125- Blake Glogouski- Lake Erie

125- Ana Abduljelil- Indianapolis

149- Isaiah Kemper- McKendree

165- Kyle Jolas- Lindenwood

285- Dylan Faulkenberg- Indianapolis

D3:

Wabash in 4th place

Lefever and Broukal in the semi's; Doster and Bova also all-americans alive in the conso's. Action starts at 11am ET here: http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule

D2:

Indianapolis in 16th place

Crume in the semi's; Lange of UIndy also an All-American still alive in the conso's. Same link as above for live action at 11am ET

DII

From Indiana

125- Blake Glogouski- Lake Erie

141- Nick Crume- Indianapolis

149- Isaiah Kemper- McKendree

165- Kyle Jolas- Lindenwood

285- Dylan Faulkenberg- Indianapolis

Indiana Schools

125- Ana Abduljelil- Indianapolis

157- Heath Lange- Indianapolis

Glogouski, Kemper, Jolas and Faulkenberg all went 2 and out.  

Crume lost in the semifinals and will wrestle for 3rd/4th.

Abduljelil won one match in the consolation round and is eliminated.

Lange lost in the Quarterfinals and will wrestle for 7th/8th.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.