Freshman/sophomore state

ontherise219

Coach tonte and staff look to be reloading. A nice showing at middle school state and now a leading freshman/sophomore

It does show he has numbers willing to attend events and some are winning matches. That's always a positive.

This tournament could have been finished in one day. Start wrestling a little earlier and get it done. Stupid for people to have to pay for a hotel room to come back and wrestle one match and be done.

Not quite sure about being done in one day unless they cut back on bracket size. However it would have been nice to see all the brackets narrowed down to the top 8, so everyone coming back at least got two matches the 2nd day. Stopping the brackets Just prior to the top 8 ment those guys had to come back the 2nd day with the potential of being one and done. If you are going to make people stay over night and attend a 2nd day, at least make it worth their while by getting them to a spot where they get two matches. Running that extra round day 1, would also cut a round off day 2 helping the event finish in early the afternoon Sunday so those traveling a long distance can get home at a decent hour. Edited by MattM

Finals are getting ready to start on http://s200.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/MainFrame.jsp?newSession=false&sport=wrestling&TIM=1488135518921&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=1461for free!!! lots of guys who spent some time in the rankings this year too

Edited by ontherise219

Now that the finals are starting we can begin to notice which none-SSQ/SQ made the Top 5. Always nice to see a few new names come up for discussion next year as some young guys rise to the occasion at off season event.

Edited by MattM

Littell wrestled Indy nationals for sure. I was really impressed by warrens back up 113.

Best thing to happen here..... a bunch of idiot parents decided to ignore the no smoking policy (which happens at most tournaments). A cop rolled up and gave a guy a $100 ticket.

Littell wrestled Indy nationals for sure. I was really impressed by warrens back up 113.

that's awesome

You're right.  I had my tournaments mixed up.  It was Clay Egli that won the South Qualifier. Don't think he wrestled this weekend?

Blaine Mayer also.  Any others?

Edited by SWINfan

You're right. I had my tournaments mixed up. It was Clay Egli that won the South Qualifier. Don't think he wrestled this weekend?

Blaine Mayer also. Any others?

I'm not sure mater dei has a handful of freshman sophomores I would have like to see at southport. But I think they have a folkstyle tourney this weekend too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.