"B" team state

ontherise219

When are we going to set up a "B" state duals? Now that some of the top teams in the state have the depth to have two full squads competing and beat other varsity teams. It would be cool to see who has the top "B" also it would help to project for the upcoming years line up. Who would some of the top "B" teams be?

Perry merdian

Portage

Penn

Mater dei

????

I think you're on to something. It would be kind of cool for people to look at IndianaMat and say, "Oh, that's pretty unique. They recognize two full squads." You would definitely get kids names out there. For example, in 2012-14 Ngun Uk from Perry Meridian was on their B team as I believe he sat behind Jacob Cottey for three seasons, but cracked the A-team lineup and made it to state as a senior placing sixth. Same scenario with DJ Brookbank placing seventh.

Isn't this an apples to oranges sort of thing?

VB beating Varsity teams in Kentucky.. Just trying to show that our VB is pretty good that's all

Edit: Not intending for this to be a debate on Indiana vs Kentucky wrestling....

Edited by patriotfan

Relating to this, I still believe there should be a JV state tournament of some sort to keep JV wrestlers seasons extended as well as seeing who the best backups are, who to watch for in the future, etc.

I would say that this is taking place this weekend at Southport, but upon looking at the wrestler list there are some varsity hammers!  Plenty of ranked underclassmen.  Should be some great matches.

Relating to this, I still believe there should be a JV state tournament of some sort to keep JV wrestlers seasons extended as well as seeing who the best backups are, who to watch for in the future, etc.

I think that's why I'm so excited for freshman/sophomore state. It's some kids that didn't get a chance plus some young studs

Who has full b squads Perry penn portage Carroll Warren prairie heights jeffersonvilke

Harrison has a full B squad and does pretty well.   Looks like they went 9-7 against varsity teams.  Please don't give me any Jazz about being out of the Logansport regional.  It s a B Squad.

Please don't give me any Jazz about being out of the Logansport regional.  It s a B Squad.

It's really no fun when you put this sort of qualifier on....  That said, I understand Harrison WL gets some grief on the posts.  I think their inflated records and performance @ SS bring that on.  HOWEVER, while they are not as competitive in the 3A as some other schools, they ARE A GOOD TEAM still.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.