1996 State Championships

BrennanFan

I always wondered why Brimm wore a black and purple singlet in the finals when their colors were brown and yellow

I assumed something happened to his and he had to find a loaner. I've never heard the actual story though. Maybe someone on here knows. Edited by MattM

For all you youngin's out there treat yourself by watching 189 James brimm, looks like he could even win against today's talent. He always seemed to be before his time

I think a lot of those guys would fare well today.  Vega, Bradley, Maldonado, Kerkhof, Oldham, Hays were studs.

James Brimm was a beast, but he had nothing on Dan Pleak. I believe Pleak beat him twice both at Connersville his junior and senior season. The other stud in that weight was Heath Kirkpatrick from Greenfield Central. All 3 were nasty.

Jayson madden of new castle pinned Pleak with a headlock...He got him with a left handed headlock and pleake fought off his back to only get hit with a righthanded headlock iirc..Madden got 4th and was known for hitting it from anywhere

Will Hill hit him with a headlock and the clock malfunction and James fought off a pin for literally an extra few minutes after the clock should've expired and he was super gassed after. And I could see some guys like Vega and Bradley competing, James style was before its time and you see it more often now

Will Hill hit him with a headlock and the clock malfunction and James fought off a pin for literally an extra few minutes after the clock should've expired and he was super gassed after. And I could see some guys like Vega and Bradley competing, James style was before its time and you see it more often now

Takedown machine...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.