Alec White...

gsmith58

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen a whole lot of props for Alec White. He battled his way through a nagging cut at Semi-State, and then ran through a pretty outstanding gauntlet at State. Quite a two-week effort. I know state is littered with storylines and tough runs, but he put a good one together (and yes, yes, the big boy match was tremendous entertaining too). 

He trains in #TheCounty, so come on. Just saying...

I've been wondering the same thing since Alec won his title last night.......there were a lot of naysayers on the board after his SS performance. 4-time SQ 3-time placer and a state title now on the resume. Hardly anyone was giving him a shot on Friday night of advancing. It definitely was one of the best "runs" this weekend. Pretty good run to the top thru Cummings, Lee, Rooks, and Mulkey. Congrats again Alec White on a terrific senior season and HS wrestling career.   

If there was an OW, I think he would get my vote. I know that some of those other big names were more dominant, but...

First Round he beats a returning two-time state Champ.#3 Ranked coming into tournament.

Quarters beat a kid named Lee from Mater Dei. I know maybe not all the accolades of his older siblings but a tough out no less.

Semis beats the #2 ranked undefeated kid, whom some probably felt was favored to win it all after knocking off the 1 previously.

Then pins the #1 Ranked kid under the lights to cap off an amazing run.

That was pretty impressive, and that pains me to say seeing that at that particular weight, I did have a horse in that race!

No doubt a very exciting and determined run by a capable senior. The scramble to a tilt he hit on rooks was amazing. Taking nothing away from the rest of the champions (and the field as well), I believe his run to a state title was the most amazing and unexpected (at least by me and most people from the Evansville area). Congratulations!!!

If there was an OW, I think he would get my vote. I know that some of those other big names were more dominant, but...

First Round he beats a returning two-time state Champ.#3 Ranked coming into tournament.

Quarters beat a kid named Lee from Mater Dei. I know maybe not all the accolades of his older siblings but a tough out no less.

Semis beats the #2 ranked undefeated kid, whom some probably felt was favored to win it all after knocking off the 1 previously.

Then pins the #1 Ranked kid under the lights to cap off an amazing run.

That was pretty impressive, and that pains me to say seeing that at that particular weight, I did have a horse in that race!

That horse is thoroughbred... Not much separation between about 5 or 6 of them in that class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.