120 Finals - Mills vs. Rooks

KarlHungus

Ugh I can't believe I'm doing this, but in defense of Brownsburg, their coaches and parents do not come on here and pound their chests. The hash tag garbage was a different school in their county. If I rooted against Brownsburg kids it has everything to do with the success of their program. They're doing something right over there and I love to see the giant get slayed. Have to beat the best to be the best and right now the kids in purple are the giants. Ok I have to go shower.

Ugh I can't believe I'm doing this, but in defense of Brownsburg, their coaches and parents do not come on here and pound their chests. The hash tag garbage was a different school in their county. If I rooted against Brownsburg kids it has everything to do with the success of their program. They're doing something right over there and I love to see the giant get slayed. Have to beat the best to be the best and right now the kids in purple are the giants. Ok I have to go shower.

They do have a problem with excessive use of hashtags"######". But besides that single fault,  they are doing a lot of things right and getting results.

Congrats to Cayden and the rest of the Rooks family.  Cayden put together a terrific season and is a great kid, no shame in losing to him.  The Columbus East program, in general, has put together an elite core of kids who are among the states most talented.  

Sorry, you weren't entertained... how did your kid do this weekend?  I know mine is now a 2 time runner-up and a 3x placer and I'm pretty damn proud.

Mr millls

Forrester Gump is a lot like that unmedicated in your kindergarten class. Waves his arms, makes a lot of noise and craps his pants--anything to get attention.

Loved watching Ty and his contribution to his team's state title.

Mr millls

Forrester Gump is a lot like that unmedicated in your kindergarten class. Waves his arms, makes a lot of noise and craps his pants--anything to get attention.

Loved watching Ty and his contribution to his team's state title.[/quote

I think you identified who the clever kid in school was with your post. End sarcasm.

I guess I'll just stop participating in these boards if the least bit of "criticism" is met with this kind of reaction.  I get it...this place is an echo chamber that has, like, 20 active members who have a hive mind in reaction to any perceived "threats".

Mods, go ahead and delete my account.

I think the essence of your post with Mills was probably shared by others, with regard to the lack of offense, but as a general rule of thumb, I try to keep opinions like that between my friends and I in private discussions. When you call out someone's child, friend, or coaching pupil, on a messageboard, I think it's normal to expect backlash.  Stealing a line from my lovely wife, it's not what you said, it's how you said it. Perhaps there was a more diplomatic way to share your feelings on the Mills finals match. To be fair, I shared your opinion and thought that Ty's lack of aggression may have cost him the match, he's far more gifted than he showed in that match, but having never been in a situation like that, I can't begin to imagine what was going through his mind. It's a lot easier for us to sit on our keyboards and point out what he should have done, but the majority of us don't know the pressure and all that comes with wrestling for 6 minutes in front of 10K people is like. No need to leave the board, perhaps exercise a bit of caution when posting specific names. 

I guess I'll just stop participating in these boards if the least bit of "criticism" is met with this kind of reaction.  I get it...this place is an echo chamber that has, like, 20 active members who have a hive mind in reaction to any perceived "threats".

Mods, go ahead and delete my account.

I did say "wrestlers", making it plural, and it was right after the Mulkey loss in which it was posted.

Nothing against the kids, it's mostly backlash against this #TheCounty nonsense.  If you're rooting for one kid to win, ipso facto you're rooting for the other kid to lose.  Frankly, I'm not terribly concerned about the feelings of the "dance moms" on these boards.

I guess the "dance mom" got her feelings hurt.  forrester gump is packing up her box of chocolates and going back to greenbow, alabama.  some people cannot take the "least bit of criticism"...

Fabio go boooooed by 10,000+ fans for laughing and dancing when Rooks got hurt. You're a real class act!

sitting in the opposite corner during the #145 final was very interesting. in my opinion "Fabio's" choice of words, in match, to his wrestler more disrespectful of his wrestlers opponent than helpful to a wrestler that caliber of Brayton Lee. Just my opinion. my assistant agreed.

sitting in the opposite corner during the #145 final was very interesting. in my opinion "Fabio's" choice of words, in match, to his wrestler more disrespectful of his wrestlers opponent than helpful to a wrestler that caliber of Brayton Lee. Just my opinion. my assistant agreed.

Well don't keep it so close to your chest. What did he say?

I cant recall off the top of my head....

Probably things like "At Some point he will have to wrestle back", "Keep the pace up he will break" "More angles he is trying to slow you down to keep it close" things of that nature...

Nothing to malicious,  I would of loved to hear what some of the coaches are saying on the mat during the finals.  I have to admit I couldn't hear very well in upper deck section 225.   But on another note,  this gives me a great idea for next year.    Just like the NFL coaches mic up players and coaches,   lets mic up Fabio for the finals next year.   That would be awesome to hear what he would say.   That my give me incentive to stay home and watch it on TV if you had Fabio Mic'd.  We got to keep the sport progressing,  so what do we need to do to make this happen.  

I guess the "dance mom" got her feelings hurt.  forrester gump is packing up her box of chocolates and going back to greenbow, alabama.  some people cannot take the "least bit of criticism"...

I'm all for new posters on here. It makes the forums interesting. I don't really think what was said was insulting. It was talking about a lack of offense - correct? Why are we giving this guy such a hard time over that. It wasn't a personal attack - it was a comment on a style in one match. Maybe I'm missing something.

Get me a wireless Lavaliere mic and a hook in to the audio lol might need a 5 sec delay and a beep button too.....

Fabio would have to keep it clean, but it would be great.   Would need that editor with the old  beep button.   Not that I would care, but I could see the Brownsburg admin not being happy with a few cuss words added in here and there.   Joe could put a replay of Fabio mic'd on IndianaMat after the fact.  We got to do this.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Fabio would have to keep it clean, but it would be great.   Would need that editor with the old  beep button.   Not that I would care, but I could see the Brownsburg not being happy with a few cuss words added in here and there.   Joe could put a replay of Fabio mic'd on IndianaMat after the fact.  We got to do this.

Lol thanks to the hangouts I have been better at being able to turn my filthy habit i got from my father off but no guarantees barring some crazy action or call and yes I could see our AD being like NOPE just cause she knows me....loves me...but also knows me 

I've often said that nearly every HS football coach in the US would be out of a job if the public were able to hack into and listen to the conversations said during games over the headsets.

I know it's the same during wrestling.  

I'm amused another coach was butt-hurt about it.  

I've often said that nearly every HS football coach in the US would be out of a job if the public were able to hack into and listen to the conversations said during games over the headsets.

I know it's the same during wrestling.  

I'm amused another coach was butt-hurt about it.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he wasn't just "another coach" to his 145 pounder and there was probably a certain bias.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.