Where's the real discussion?

TripleB

All this talk about wrestling and the real important issues are getting lost in the fold!!

Favorite Shaved Ice (Had my first last year)?

Where's liquid lunches at Saturday between rounds (I'll be holed up in a top secret location w/ some reps from #TheCounty and #MadtownMafia)?

Where's the post finals celebrations at Saturday night? I might hit up hipster/yuppie paradise PunchBowlSocial

Every a gem is dropped on here, last year somebody name dropped Pearl Street Pizzeria and I took Mrs 3B there, outside of the dude hoarking out front it was a great place. Not busy, very close to BLF, great selection. 

Has anyone been to Nickie Blaine's? Thoughts/opinions...ClownBaby??

Nicky Blaines is great, not as smoky as you would expect from being in a closed basement (they have great ventilation system).  Things are pricey so make sure you visit with someone with deep pockets like Da Rat and his Brinks truck.  You will enjoy the nice 'gar selection however.

How quick you turn your back on the IM family

feel free to join us Mike........the place we are going is something you can't get up in Da Region buddy !!!  more of an out East thing

A few thoughts on lunch options between sessions from someone from #TheCounty that works downtown.

Kilroy's - very convenient due to proximity from Bankers Life.  Nobody under 21 permitted so if you want some adult beverages this might be a good spot.  Lots of variety on menu options.  Gotta try to pepperoni stuffed breadsticks...their specialty.

King David's Dogs - also within walking distance.  If you want a darn good hot dog and something quick this might be a good option for you.  Chicago Dog is the dog of choice but many different options including freshly made corn dogs.  Try to tater tots as a side.  Drinks feature crushed ice (old school) instead of cubes.

If you are looking for pizza there are several options nearby.  Pie Five if you want something fast.  Personal pizzas...choose your crust and toppings and it's ready in 5 minutes from their 10,000 degree oven.  Better options I would say are Giorgio's on the Circle and Giordano's.  Giorgio's has been around for 500 years and has pizza by the slice as well as pasta and sandwiches.  The people there are incredibly nice.  If you want your gut filled to almost popping status then head to Giordano's.  Deep dish pizza with sauce on top made famous in Chicago and you won't leave hungry.

For a change of pace if you want brunch/breakfast head to Cafe Patachou in the Simon office building.  Locally owned spot and you won't leave disappointed.  HUGE omelettes and pancakes/waffles.  Great salad options also if your one of those healthy folks.

If you are feeling adventurous and don't mind a short drive then head to Mass. Avenue.  Parking is a bit tough but it's worth the hassle.  A couple of my personal favorites are The Eagle and Fat Dan's.  The Eagle is famous for it's fried chicken.  It's worth the drive (only 5 minutes tops) and they do offer a large assortment of adult beverages.  Fat Dan's is awesome also.  Try to smoked chicken wings...they are out of bounds!  Lot's of other sandwich options here also along with great fresh cut french fries.  

And of course we can't forget to mention Shapiro's.  Again a short drive but worth it.  Parking not an issue here as they have a dedicated lot.  Old school deli with anything and everything you want and HUGE sandwiches so you won't leave here hungry either.  Great collection of sides and if you can handle it they have enormous and amazing cakes, pies and cookies for dessert.

Enjoy the lunch break!  Weather going to be amazing.  Hope this provides the wrestling family some good options.  

A few thoughts on lunch options between sessions from someone from #TheCounty that works downtown.

Kilroy's - very convenient due to proximity from Bankers Life.  Nobody under 21 permitted so if you want some adult beverages this might be a good spot.  Lots of variety on menu options.  Gotta try to pepperoni stuffed breadsticks...their specialty.

King David's Dogs - also within walking distance.  If you want a darn good hot dog and something quick this might be a good option for you.  Chicago Dog is the dog of choice but many different options including freshly made corn dogs.  Try to tater tots as a side.  Drinks feature crushed ice (old school) instead of cubes.

If you are looking for pizza there are several options nearby.  Pie Five if you want something fast.  Personal pizzas...choose your crust and toppings and it's ready in 5 minutes from their 10,000 degree oven.  Better options I would say are Giorgio's on the Circle and Giordano's.  Giorgio's has been around for 500 years and has pizza by the slice as well as pasta and sandwiches.  The people there are incredibly nice.  If you want your gut filled to almost popping status then head to Giordano's.  Deep dish pizza with sauce on top made famous in Chicago and you won't leave hungry.

For a change of pace if you want brunch/breakfast head to Cafe Patachou in the Simon office building.  Locally owned spot and you won't leave disappointed.  HUGE omelettes and pancakes/waffles.  Great salad options also if your one of those healthy folks.

If you are feeling adventurous and don't mind a short drive then head to Mass. Avenue.  Parking is a bit tough but it's worth the hassle.  A couple of my personal favorites are The Eagle and Fat Dan's.  The Eagle is famous for it's fried chicken.  It's worth the drive (only 5 minutes tops) and they do offer a large assortment of adult beverages.  Fat Dan's is awesome also.  Try to smoked chicken wings...they are out of bounds!  Lot's of other sandwich options here also along with great fresh cut french fries.  

And of course we can't forget to mention Shapiro's.  Again a short drive but worth it.  Parking not an issue here as they have a dedicated lot.  Old school deli with anything and everything you want and HUGE sandwiches so you won't leave here hungry either.  Great collection of sides and if you can handle it they have enormous and amazing cakes, pies and cookies for dessert.

Enjoy the lunch break!  Weather going to be amazing.  Hope this provides the wrestling family some good options.

You just made nuvo magazine look like Childs Play..

Just a few 'newer' places to the downtown area (all within walking distance to The Bank) that may not have been open during last year's state finals:

Giordano's (already mentioned): Chicago style pizza on the corner of Illinois & Market

Brother's Bar & Grill: typical American fare, a large tap selection, and kid friendly during the day located on South Meridian.

Primanti Bros: Pittsburgh sandwich chain that puts the coleslaw and fries on the sandwich located on the corner of Illinois & Maryland.  Pro-tip: get the 'slaw on the side (may be a bit overwhelming otherwise).

Wild Eggs: solid breakfast eats with a contemporary feel, at the mouth of Mass Ave on Delaware.

Edited by PatParham

Friday night - Uber to Broad Ripple, hit up HopCats and AlleyCat. I hear former board great J-Biceps frequents these establishments from time to time.

Saturday - RAM and Scotty's are both solid and close, Scotty's can be a wait. O'Reilly's across the street and Pearl Street Pizzeria are both good go to's.

Saturday night - Slippery Noodle, Tiki Bob's, or watch JMill ride the bull at Cadillac Ranch. 

Friday night - Uber to Broad Ripple, hit up HopCats and AlleyCat. I hear former board great J-Biceps frequents these establishments from time to time.

Saturday - RAM and Scotty's are both solid and close, Scotty's can be a wait. O'Reilly's across the street and Pearl Street Pizzeria are both good go to's.

Saturday night - Slippery Noodle, Tiki Bob's, or watch JMill ride the bull at Cadillac Ranch. 

Ahh yes our yearly mention of the famed J-Biceps. One of the few that have escaped Madison and lived to tell about it.

there is a certain "spiderman81" from st. philip, indiana.  you will find him wearing red and gold supporting a certain, southwestern indiana team.

if you locate him, he is likely to share his homemade cheese and spirits.  these treats should not be missed...

my record of 27 seconds is still the record no matter how much clothing you have on.........it was a tribute to luke perry in one of the greatest bull riding movies ever "8 seconds"

**still makes me misty in the eyes to watch it

Edited by JMILL

my record of 27 seconds is still the record no matter how much clothing you have on.........it was a tribute to luke perry in one of the greatest bull riding movies ever "8 seconds"

**still makes me misty in the eyes to watch it

Sick movie reference when I hear the dance I only think of tuff riding extra time for lane Edited by ontherise219

Just a few 'newer' places to the downtown area (all within walking distance to The Bank) that may not have been open during last year's state finals:

Giordano's (already mentioned): Chicago style pizza on the corner of Illinois & Market

Brother's Bar & Grill: typical American fare, a large tap selection, and kid friendly during the day located on South Meridian.

Primanti Bros: Pittsburgh sandwich chain that puts the coleslaw and fries on the sandwich located on the corner of Illinois & Maryland.  Pro-tip: get the 'slaw on the side (may be a bit overwhelming otherwise).

Wild Eggs: solid breakfast eats with a contemporary feel, at the mouth of Mass Ave on Delaware.

Wild Eggs is Awesome....suggestion to try Mr. Potato Head Casserole

There's always a great chance for a sighting at those spots!

Has anyone been to Nicky Blaine's? Thoughts/opinions...ClownBaby??

I swear we had this conversation last year! Nicky Blaines......Your going to find this hard to believe but....I'm banned from there. The lobby area seemed nice for the 2 minutes I was in there. Apparently "Mr. Blain" took umbrage with me showing up with several members of the Hooters wait staff in their work uniforms. Who knew that would be frowned upon. Oh, plus Clown Baby wouldn't be caught dead paying anything less than $21 for a martini. I prefer the 1933 Lounge at St. Elmo's, now that's classy!

For the breakfast eaters, Yolk is my jam. Crazy good food and as of the last time I was there, the decor was Carmel Greyhound blue and gold.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.