ISWA Coaching requirements

mauneja

false lol you need a USAW Coaches card which requires a background check...I guess don't understand why everyone is up in arms about this....did you recently rob a liquor store that will prohibit the card? lol

some may be upset if they just found out about this because a background check can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks.    

If they are going to promote this as a safety issue, then I would like to see a way to get this passed on to all ISWA sanctioned tournaments. I know it would be a pain, but if we are promoting safety in the sport then we need to do it more than just 2 weekends a season.

false lol you need a USAW Coaches card which requires a background check...I guess don't understand why everyone is up in arms about this....did you recently rob a liquor store that will prohibit the card? lol

I'm fine with the background check. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the USA wrestling membership portion. I've had my copper card for several years and it appears I have to somehow tie my membership to that info from that copper card. It's proving a little more difficult than I thought it would be. It's not finding my name in the system, and I have changed emails a few times over the last 10 years, when I first got my card. I only use this for a few tourneys when other coaches can't coach my sons in the offseason. It's not really worth the hassle to be matside with them, just to hold their things. They know more than I do anyway.

I'm fine with the background check. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the USA wrestling membership portion. I've had my copper card for several years and it appears I have to somehow tie my membership to that info from that copper card. It's proving a little more difficult than I thought it would be. It's not finding my name in the system, and I have changed emails a few times over the last 10 years, when I first got my card. I only use this for a few tourneys when other coaches can't coach my sons in the offseason. It's not really worth the hassle to be matside with them, just to hold their things. They know more than I do anyway.

as stated above the ladies at the office can help with this situation.............but Please wait until Monday as they are both a little stressed with having studs trying to win state this weekend !!!!

as stated above the ladies at the office can help with this situation.............but Please wait until Monday as they are both a little stressed with having studs trying to win state this weekend !!!!

They actually got me all fixed up in a matter of seconds. Hopefully that didn't deter them from this weekend. I've always had good luck communicating with the ISWA. I know some have differing opinions, but I do appreciate the work they put in.

Can't help you on the ISWA inquiry, BobBuck..but I can give you some posting tips!

1. If you want to use "Quote" hit the "Quote" button then type your meanderings right underneath it..as compared to what you did above.

2. To get a prompt response from JMILL, our designated ISWA board rep, you will need to "like" your own posts above. He loves that stuff.

Everybody workin' edgy for some reason..thought I'd join in.

Good luck and good health to all the wrestlers.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Ists simply a money grab because people quit paying for a full membership and just paid the 10$ entry and using their copper to get their wrist band I guess Iswa needs another raise lol where does all the money go anyway somebody's getting greedy

step 1) hit the quote button....check

step 2) like your own post......check

step 3) bash the ISWA and post something really outlandish and with no basis.......check

come on Bobbuck...........you might have some leg to stand on but you really should have posted before all the people who really hate the ISWA posted and said its a good idea and its about time and they support it for the safety of the kids.

I mean seriously it is listed above to clearly say the ISWA does not get any money from this new procedure and actually will "money grab" less money now that every "bobbuck" with a USA coaches card, background check and copper certification gets in free............unless you are concerned about the new process for some reason ?????

And thanks to UncleJimmy who is honorary social member of #TheCounty

Edit to say............UncleJimmy.......I liked my own post to show Bobbuck how to do it !!!  

LOL

Edited by JMILL

I understand that but as a school coach I have already went through a background check and am now forced to pay for another when we were just at IHSWCA last weekend and they require none of the above but still run a smooth tournament.

I use my background check I get for USA wrestling every year when I renew my coaching card as my background check for coaching at school.

The ISWA is not the one to blame for this.  USAWrestling requires a background check in order to get a membership card, and has for several years now.  As worthmatt stated, it is purely a safety issue for the kids.  The background check should be good for 2 years.  The ISWA does not receive any money from the background checks.

TC Dantzler does...he owns TC Logic that runs USA wrestling background checks

some may be upset if they just found out about this because a background check can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks.    

If they are going to promote this as a safety issue, then I would like to see a way to get this passed on to all ISWA sanctioned tournaments. I know it would be a pain, but if we are promoting safety in the sport then we need to do it more than just 2 weekends a season.

Background check through USA Wrestling take like 3-4 days max

step 1) hit the quote button....check

step 2) like your own post......check

step 3) bash the ISWA and post something really outlandish and with no basis.......check

come on Bobbuck...........you might have some leg to stand on but you really should have posted before all the people who really hate the ISWA posted and said its a good idea and its about time and they support it for the safety of the kids.

I mean seriously it is listed above to clearly say the ISWA does not get any money from this new procedure and actually will "money grab" less money now that every "bobbuck" with a USA coaches card, background check and copper certification gets in free............unless you are concerned about the new process for some reason ?????

And thanks to UncleJimmy who is honorary social member of #TheCounty

Edit to say............UncleJimmy.......I liked my own post to show Bobbuck how to do it !!!

LOL

I find it hard to believe that they get no money from the coaches cards,and they raised the priceon coaches and athletes. Plus all the money raised at the gates 10$ a head at the state events I would just like to see where it all goes and how big are the salary's of the people running it

Does a cadet have to have a coach in his coner during ISWA state events

I find it hard to believe that they get no money from the coaches cards,and they raised the priceon coaches and athletes. Plus all the money raised at the gates 10$ a head at the state events I would just like to see where it all goes and how big are the salary's of the people running it

1st....like the way you took UncleJimmy advice and "liked your own post".....he was being sarcastic but OK

2nd...the ISWA gets the same amount of money they always have from the coaches and athlete cards and no matter how much they go up in price that remains the same.  The price is set by USA wrestling and likewise increases are directed by USA wrestling. 

3rd....there is an annual report of spending and money taken in at the annual bid meeting in September and its published for all to see.  Grab a copy or come to the annual bid meeting.  The ISWA puts a lot of the profits back into what is called athlete assistance for the team and national trips (I know its not as much as we would like to put in and only takes the costs down a little bit but its better than nothing).

4th...I do not know the rule on a cadet having a coach in his corner at ISWA state, that is probably a better question for Grecoref.

Here are the salaries of the ISWA leaders...

Chairman (a.k.a. President) - $0

Vice Chairman (x2) - $0

Treasurer - $0

Secretary - $0

The ISWA only has 2 paid positions, the office workers, who make close to minimum wage.

The ISWA is a not-for-profit organization and is required by law to publish their annual budget that shows a 0 net profit.  Ask a local club rep to see a copy since it is always provided in the annual meeting information.

JMILL is correct that USAW sets the membership prices for coaches, athletes, and officials.  The money goes to USAW, but they do give back a small portion (maybe $5  per membership) to the states.  If the ISWA were really only about the money, then they should discourage coaches from buying membership and collecting the $10 gate per state tournament from each coach.  Letting the coaches in for free is costing them a lot of money.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.