IHSWCA Academic All-State

dstruck

Congrats to all your STUDENT- athletes!!!

Senior Academic All-State.pdf

Junior Academic All-State.pdf

Easier read for seniors: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XPbExv-mqZrEW-u2PgJnQu8ZqY2iz7mCL3Fozg1hxTs/edit?usp=sharing

Easier read for juniors: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15eyJd09BawPXgwMFTTdJ9_GYQnanEi7LLF3ymiDd15s/edit?usp=sharing

working on a better way to display...

But thank you to JD Minch for leading this!!!!!!

Edited by Y2CJ41

These stats are just state qualifiers from those who were Academic All State, not honorable mention

Senior class

25 of 105 Academic All State wrestlers are wrestling this weekend. 24%

Breakdown by weight class

113 - 1

120 - 1

126 - 3

132 - 2

145 - 1

152 - 2

160 - 3

170 - 2

182 - 4

195 - 1

220 - 2

285 - 3

Junior class

11 of 90 Academic All State wrestlers are wrestling this weekend. 12%

Breakdown by weight class

113 - 1

120 - 3

132 - 1

138 - 1

160 - 1

170 - 1

220 - 2

285 - 1

How is academic all state determined?

Their coach has to nominate the wrestler and send in a transcript.  As long as they meet the requirements (junior/senior, participate in sectional, 3.75 gpa for all-state, 3.5 gpa for honorable mention) then they receive the award.  Note: gpa is cumulative for all of high school (5 semesters for juniors, 7 semesters for seniors)

Wrestlers not listed were either not nominated by their coach or didn't meet all the requirements.

Their coach has to nominate the wrestler and send in a transcript.  As long as they meet the requirements (junior/senior, participate in sectional, 3.75 gpa for all-state, 3.5 gpa for honorable mention) then they receive the award.  Note: gpa is cumulative for all of high school (5 semesters for juniors, 7 semesters for seniors)

Wrestlers not listed were either not nominated by their coach or didn't meet all the requirements.

I also believe that the coach has to be a member of the IHSWCA in order to make the nomination if I'm not mistaken.

That isn't entirely true.  I believe some kids were left off, but I'm checking into it now.

I haven't found the answer, and maybe some one can share some insight, how on an unweighted 4.0 scale do coaches still submit score's above a 4.0?

My son barely made it last year with a 3.75 and this was non-weighted and his school doesn't weight AP Classes. (Keeping up with scholarly tradition).  He took 6 or 7 AP courses would of been over a 4.0 on a weighted scale.    I know his buddy on the team had a 3.6 and also had a lot of AP course and didn't make it.       So is it true that this is a non-weighted scale for the application.   Lot of grades above a 4.0.  Shouldn't we be comparing apples to apples.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.