Middle schoolers who could place

ontherise219

I think both sides of this 'disagreement' about whether this is a 'good post' or not; or if it belongs in this forum or another one have some credibility.  Everything on these forums represent someone's OPINION. Feel free not to 'click' and open it if you think it doesn't belong here.... I will say at least it is talking about positive attributes of wrestlers.  Noticing someone's potential does not take away from the accomplishments of others.

People forget this simple truth.

Over the last 10 years I have been the iswa folkstyle developmental director, iswa kids director, middle school national team leader / coach, schoolboy national team team leader, and elementary national team team leader / coach. I will say that the list that Hector Mendez has put together in the youth forum is spot on. Any of the kids on his list could qualify with the right draws and if they were at least 106. Here is the link to that thread.

http://indianamat.com/index.php/topic/51482-whos-the-best-middle-school-wrestlers-in-indiana/

Not hector Mendez the state champ.

#TheCountyTMZ is reporting that Hector is in fact a two time world champ and a 10 time wing eating champ. Just had to move to the region and change his identity, after completing several life saving missions for the CIA. He is now the foremost authority on youth wrestling in Indiana. The worlds most interesting man?...... perhaps!

The problem saying Mendez is the next Chad Red is he is a 100lb 7th grader. If you look at Chad Red he moved 25 lbs from 7th grade to freshman, that puts Mendez as the 120 or 126 weight class. Much harder for a freshman to win at that weight.  Next Chad Red is very probably Asa Garcia  which he will very possibly be at 126 his senior year, which would also be Mendez's freshman year.  Can a freshman Mendez beat a  senior Garcia?  Garcia moved 20 lbs from 7th grade to freshman.  I would say 20 to 25 lbs is probably pretty average for that age range.

Except that Asa Garcia has losses on his resume', so that would eliminate him from the next Chad Red in my book. He's the only sophomore who has a chance at winning 4 if that's what you mean I'm good with that. I've already addressed the weight situation in an earlier post, but to answer the question, no I don't like a freshman Mendez vs. a senior Garcia, though I don't think he'd be overwhelmed in the match or that big to make it happen. He's more likely a 113 pound freshman in my opinion. 

I remember watching Dj smith from Franklin wrestle Chad redd. Redd was a freshman and I think smith was a senior. I didn't think red had the strength to hang with smith but he proved me wrong. If you remember Dj, he was built like a brick crap house.....

First time all year OTR has disappointed me with a DUMB post.  Middle schoolers are just that in Indiana, middle schoolers.  They will have their glory on this page, but not today...there is a forum called youth and middle school designated just for them!!

Shut up, bird

I remember watching Dj smith from Franklin wrestle Chad redd. Redd was a freshman and I think smith was a senior. I didn't think red had the strength to hang with smith but he proved me wrong. If you remember Dj, he was built like a brick crap house.....

DJ won state his senior year. Perhaps DJs Junior year Redd got him

You're correct. Red got him at the classic and state finals 6-4 and 5-2 smith's junior year.

If I recall Smith could have had TD & NF, but the match was stopped due to injury. A close call, that certainly could have gone against Red. (I'm glad it didn't though)

MCWC has some studs being produced out of their academy, I was really impressed by their 132lber and their 110lber. Can't think of the names but both will be going to mater dei next year.

It seemed like a person or two was concerned with MD only getting 5 thru and how the mighty had fallen. I look at the young talent they already have at the HS and all that MS talent, its hard for me to imagine them being anything but great for many years to come.

MCWC has some studs being produced out of their academy, I was really impressed by their 132lber and their 110lber. Can't think of the names but both will be going to mater dei next year.

110 Cole Ross

132 Scott Fits

Cole Ross was the 110 pound champ, Scott Fitts was the 132 pound champ and Blake Boarman was the 117 pound champion. All three will be freshmen at MD next fall. MD also two other kids place top five that will be in that class.

If I recall Smith could have had TD & NF, but the match was stopped due to injury. A close call, that certainly could have gone against Red. (I'm glad it didn't though)

You're thinking of Forrest Glogouski vs Red

It seemed like a person or two was concerned with MD only getting 5 thru and how the mighty had fallen. I look at the young talent they already have at the HS and all that MS talent, its hard for me to imagine them being anything but great for many years to come.

Just reloading lol

Perceptually it will seem like they are declining because they will run out of Lee's soon.  Or at least no more Nick and Joe.  Don't think Matt is going anywhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.