Official (Somewhat) Middle School State Team Scoes

Coach Peck

These scores are based on  placement points with only one wrestler from each school being allowed to score points for their team.  No Academies are listed becasue the team competition aspect of this tournament is only for Middle Schools.  If a Team had "Wrestling Club" or "Academy" after their name then I ruled them out because that seems to indicate that all of their wrestlers are not from the same Middle School.  If I am wrong please have someone in authority from that team contact me.

The order and scores for the top six teams are as follows:

1.  JYMS Middle School (Mishawaka)      81

2.  Franklin Community MS                      65

3.  Bellmont MS                                        49

4.  South Dearborn MS                            47

5.  Carrol MS                                            46

6.  Western MS                                        41

I do want to acknowledge the great job that is being done by several wrestling academies.   There were some impressive performances.

Avon Middle School North

Total Score 107

MS 90 - Blaze Garcia's place is 8th and has 7.00 pts.

MS 110 - Tyler Conley's place is 3rd and has 19.00 pts.

MS 117 - Colton Roberts's place is 8th and has 10.00 pts.

MS 125 - Brady Mckivitz's place is 1st and has 26.00 pts.

MS 150 - Timothy Gamble's place is unknown and has scored 1.00 team points.

MS 275 - Clayton Peters's place is 1st and has 22.00 pts.

MS 132 - Jaden Reynolds's place is 2nd and has 22.00 pts.

Coach Williams

Avon Middle School North

Total Score 106

MS 90 - Blaze Garcia's place is 8th and has 7.00 pts.

MS 110 - Tyler Conley's place is 3rd and has 19.00 pts.

MS 117 - Colton Roberts's place is 8th and has 10.00 pts.

MS 125 - Brady Mckivitz's place is 1st and has 26.00 pts.

MS 275 - Clayton Peters's place is 1st and has 22.00 pts.

MS 132 - Jaden Reynolds's place is 2nd and has 22.00 pts.

Coach Williams

#TheCountyTMZ..... is confirming that all these students go to Avon Middle School North . #avonyoungunzreloaded

Coach, warren paid through the club which is why our name has to be the same as our tax record. It was only warren kids.

Question is how many Middle Schools feed into Warren Central ? Do all your wrestlers go to the same Middle School ?

Avon has 2 Middle Schools feeding into Avon HS . (North & South 7th & 8th Grade only)

Avon North had 6 student Wrestlers

Avon South had 1 student wrestlers

Avon Intermediate had 1 student wrestler

Chesterton MS scored 128. Goin and Lemley added with the rest of the Chesterton middle schoolers. Plus Ellis would most likely have been a state champ, but he broke his hand last week at McDonough Duals. He beat 2 top 50 Flo Wrestling junior high big board wrestlers at that dual. Chesterton High school is going to be good for a long time to come.

Edited by Sig40

I agree with Hector. Chesterton should be the champs. Who cares what team they sign up as. Bottom line these kids all go to the same school and should be recognized as the best in Indiana.

These results may affect who gets into team state next year. That's a ton of incoming talent.

Chesterton MS scored 128. Goin and Lemley added with the rest of the Chesterton middle schoolers. Plus Ellis would most likely have been a state champ, but he broke his hand last week at McDonough Duals. He beat 2 top 50 Flo Wrestling junior high big board wrestlers at that dual. Chesterton High school is going to be good for a long time to come.

Chesterton actually has 77 points (figured based on one wrestler scoring per weight class.), but when entered as Chesterton WC it leads one to believe that more than one school is represented.

Chesterton actually has 77 points (figured based on one wrestler scoring per weight class.), but when entered as Chesterton WC it leads one to believe that more than one school is represented.

I have 114 for Chesterton if your only counting 1 per weight class. Goin and Lemley are both Chesterton as well as the rest of the kids. All those kids are from Chesterton.

Edited by Sig40

The Academies play a huge part of elevating the overall level of Indiana youth wrestling. Much respect to what they do for the kids.

But it would be nice to promote the team (community) aspect of the Middle School State tournament.

Maybe add a top 3 team trophies after Academy wrestlers are added to their respective school district.

Coach Peck,

Kids that wrestle for Jr. Wildcats... (MD Middle School Team) They scored 178 of our 432.5 points yesterday. No idea how you officially determine the team champion but thought I'd share.

Thanks for putting on the tourney...love seeing the level of competition and coaching going on at this tournament! Awesome to see the high school coaches there for their programs!

Many academies, schools, clubs, and individuals are making Indiana a tougher state in our sport!

Coach Peck,

Kids that wrestle for Jr. Wildcats... (MD Middle School Team) They scored 178 of our 432.5 points yesterday. No idea how you officially determine the team champion but thought I'd share.

Thanks for putting on the tourney...love seeing the level of competition and coaching going on at this tournament! Awesome to see the high school coaches there for their programs!

Many academies, schools, clubs, and individuals are making Indiana a tougher state in our sport!

no disrespect... but again.... how many schools feed into this program? I believe the rule is that all kids must currently attend the same school (has always been that way in the past).

Unless a concrete set of rules is set... then you may as well scrap the team championship. Again, no disrespect meant here. Just seems to be a pain.

no disrespect... but again.... how many schools feed into this program? I believe the rule is that all kids must currently attend the same school (has always been that way in the past).

Unless a concrete set of rules is set... then you may as well scrap the team championship. Again, no disrespect meant here. Just seems to be a pain.

Mater Dei does not have a middle school. They have 7 Catholic Grade schools (Pre-K-8) that feed into the high school. The 6th, 7th and 8th graders from these schools wrestle in tournaments in IN, IL, KY and OH as the MD Junior Wildcats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.